Kitchen renovation project

The cabinets in photos # 2 , are they're going to put in just like that? I hope not. You'll have a hard time opening the drawers as they're so close to the other cabinet .

The cabinets in photos # 2 , are they're going to put in just like that? I hope not. You'll have a hard time opening the drawers as they're so close to the other cabinet .

Probably not. Think they're just leaving it like that until they get more equipment or something.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Here are today's pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_20140311_183508_0.jpg
    IMG_20140311_183508_0.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20140311_183530_0.jpg
    IMG_20140311_183530_0.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20140311_183727_0.jpg
    IMG_20140311_183727_0.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20140311_183744_0.jpg
    IMG_20140311_183744_0.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 26
It looks like they are not going to rearrange things to use all of that empty corner space!

It looks like they are not going to rearrange things to use all of that empty corner space!

It's Tuesday. Still three more days to go to see what they will do with it.

Mark

Nice pictures about new kitchen.

I noticed that dishwasher is smaller.

There's a reason for that-- budget and a deadline.
Budget? Maybe. Space? Maybe. Deadline? I doubt it. It takes no more time to install a full-size dishwasher than a mini-dishwasher. (We've done both, several times.)

Budget? Maybe. Space? Maybe. Deadline? I doubt it. It takes no more time to install a full-size dishwasher than a mini-dishwasher. (We've done both, several times.)

Actually yes. They're supposed to be completely done by the 14th. That's what they told us.

Mark

Yeah, good luck accessing those drawers and cabinet.

I'm not worried about that section down there. I can use the larger stuff to store whatever I need.

Mark

Thanks Mark for the updates!

Mine doesn't have lazy Susan for the corner. Mine has one side that is deep in for the corner. Example picture (not mine) explains it better:

3DqHkVJ.jpg

Actually yes. They're supposed to be completely done by the 14th. That's what they told us.
So? That has nothing to do with the size of the dishwasher or the layout of the cabinets. The design and layout, and ordering of goods is usually done before construction is started.

Thanks Mark for the updates!

Mine doesn't have lazy Susan for the corner. Mine has one side that is deep in for the corner. Example picture (not mine) explains it better:

3DqHkVJ.jpg

We used to have a section just like that. Now they're changing it, and I dunno what they're gonna do with it.

Mark

So? That has nothing to do with the size of the dishwasher or the layout of the cabinets. The design and layout, and ordering of goods is usually done before construction is started.

I know. I saw their plans 45 days before they started. We had advance warning about their plans.

Mark

Maybe they're trying cut back on the water bills and got a smaller dishwasher for that reason. And a lot cites are trying to use less water . We had to put in toilets that used less water in my condos .

There's a reason for that-- budget and a deadline.

Mark

I don't think that deadline is factor for install full dishwasher, but limited space is reason that why dishwasher is smaller.

Smaller dishwasher isn't enough for family of 4, but for single or couple - not bad.

Maybe they're trying cut back on the water bills and got a smaller dishwasher for that reason. And a lot cites are trying to use less water . We had to put in toilets that used less water in my condos .

Newer full sized dishwasher may use 4 gallons, also they have heating element built in, so it is greener than hand-washing.

A study out of the University of Bonn in Germany, reported by Pablo Päster in the May/June issue of EatingWell Magazine, found that washing a load of dishes (12 place settings) by hand uses on average 27 gallons of water and 2.5 kilowatt-hours of energy to heat the water -- equivalent to running a hair dryer for two and a half hours. (Not to mention the parental energy it takes to get your kid to wash all those dishes in the first place.)

By comparison, an energy-efficient dishwasher uses about four gallons of water and 1 kWh of energy per load. (And over the course of a year, using the dishwasher saves more than 400 hours of labor!) Researchers also found that dishwashers cleaned better, as half of the hand-washers failed to reach an “acceptable level” of cleanliness.

EatingWell: Which Is Better For The Environment: Washing Dishes By Hand Or The Dishwasher?

Today's photos:

Attachments

• IMG_20140312_200543_0.jpg
    IMG_20140312_200543_0.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20140312_200447_0.jpg
    IMG_20140312_200447_0.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 21
Back