Kitchen renovation project

Newer full sized dishwasher may use 4 gallons, also they have heating element built in, so it is greener than hand-washing.

EatingWell: Which Is Better For The Environment: Washing Dishes By Hand Or The Dishwasher?

That is b/c most people keep the water running the whole time. I know I do not use 4 gallons of water to wash my dishes. My sink is not very deep and the faucet has low flow . My shower is a low flow too.

That is b/c most people keep the water running the whole time. I know I do not use 4 gallons of water to wash my dishes. My sink is not very deep and the faucet has low flow . My shower is a low flow too.

I think you are single - not much issue.

I live in house with family - hand washing is extremely wasteful and very time consuming, so dishwasher is best for family.

If I'm single, I will take small dishwasher.

Well, here are some of the final photos of the project:

Attachments

• IMG_20140313_175332_0.jpg
    IMG_20140313_175332_0.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20140313_175344_0.jpg
    IMG_20140313_175344_0.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20140313_175357_0.jpg
    IMG_20140313_175357_0.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 26
The first picture is beautiful!!! Quality-wise and the kitchen of course. Very nice! I have a black fridge just like that. I think black is nice color, doesn't show dirt too much compared to white. What is the last picture of? Bet you are eager to start using it real soon!

The first picture is beautiful!!! Quality-wise and the kitchen of course. Very nice! I have a black fridge just like that. I think black is nice color, doesn't show dirt too much compared to white. What is the last picture of? Bet you are eager to start using it real soon!

That last one is an inkling of our new wooden floor.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

That last one is an inkling of our new wooden floor.

Mark

Oh yes I see it now. I couldn't make it out before. Wooden floors are nice. It won't feel as cold as tiles or cement.

The cabinets in photos # 2 , are they're going to put in just like that? I hope not. You'll have a hard time opening the drawers as they're so close to the other cabinet .

Yeah, good luck accessing those drawers and cabinet.

Well, here are some of the final photos of the project:

It looks very nice. But . . . as several of us have questioned can you get in the drawers that are next to the range (also known as a stove)? Also the doors to the cabinet under the sink; especially the one at the corner.

Last edited:
I think you are single - not much issue.

I live in house with family - hand washing is extremely wasteful and very time consuming, so dishwasher is best for family.

If I'm single, I will take small dishwasher.

What does being single have with letting the water while washing dishes???
My ex husband did that and I told him it was very wasteful . You must be a very a slow dish washer. I had to wash dishes for my clients and one woman had a huge party the night before and there pots and pans too, my client could not believe how fast I got everything wash.

Oh yes I see it now. I couldn't make it out before. Wooden floors are nice. It won't feel as cold as tiles or cement.

That, and the floors needed a major upgrade.

Mark

Oh wow, that's a lot for small kitchen.

Is it hard to share the kitchen with other people?

Not really. Each of us cook at different times, which makes it a lot easier to get things done.

Mark

Not really. Each of us cook at different times, which makes it a lot easier to get things done.

Mark

Oh I see, it will be nice if you get own kitchen.

Oh I see, it will be nice if you get own kitchen.

That, and my own fridge for my room. However, I already have a electric fryer, so I'm good there. :D

But I still need to buy a few more small kitchen stuff for my room, so I CAN make a mini kitchen-- like a mini stove and a mini freezer. Wouldn't hurt.

Mark

That, and my own fridge for my room. However, I already have a electric fryer, so I'm good there. :D

But I still need to buy a few more small kitchen stuff for my room, so I CAN make a mini kitchen-- like a mini stove and a mini freezer. Wouldn't hurt.

Mark

but wait, you may need check with landlord because sometime, they don't allow any cook that contain heat coil due to fire risk.

but wait, you may need check with landlord because sometime, they don't allow any cook that contain heat coil due to fire risk.

Already did. The electric fryer is legal. And they have been encouraging me to get my own fridge, and by the stroke of luck, I found this:

http://www.sears.com/appliances-ref...000014d22fa5&gclid=CM_Dyt6ekb0CFWXl7AodbDIAYQ

Looks like a few good deals. I'll have to ask if those are still there for March 31st.

Mark

Here's a picture of my electric fryer:

Attachments

• IMG_20140314_002337_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_002337_0.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 16
Back