Kitchen renovation project

The dark counter and appliances are a nice contrast to the cabinets!

Thank You. Final photos are set for later today. I believe they have eliminated the use of a gas stove, and put in an electric one, and that's not a bad thing. That'll save a lot of money on gas usage when the kitchen officially reopens later today.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Here's a picture of my electric fryer:

That's electric skillet!

I thought you talked about this.

Deep_Fryer.jpg

That's electric skillet!

I thought you talked about this.

Deep_Fryer.jpg

My bad. I always get them confused. It must be a skillet, then, although I have used the above before, but only once.

Mark

It looks very nice. But . . . as several of us have questioned can you get in the drawers that are next to the range (also known as a stove)? Also the doors to the cabinet under the sink; especially the one at the corner.

Mark
I have quoted several of us the the same question at post #127. So please look at my post #127 that I have quoted above and then check the cabinets and let us know how well they open.

I will do so after they're done with construction for good later today. I promise!! Right now I have my mind elsewhere, as I am making plans to travel in a couple of hours soon. Planning some more photos for my other thread here.

Mark

Sent from my ZTE Groove Cricket phone via AllDeaf Mobile App

It looks very nice. But . . . as several of us have questioned can you get in the drawers that are next to the range (also known as a stove)? Also the doors to the cabinet under the sink; especially the one at the corner.

I had a client that just moved in a new senior housing apartment and I was making her lunch I notice I could not open the drawers b/c they too close to the refrigerator . My client had to keep all her silverwares in the dish rack. The cabinets put in so hide up I could barely reach the bottom shelf .
So my client had to keep all her dishes on the floor in boxes. The place was brand new too but the guys building it did not stop to think who would living in the apartment.

Not really. Each of us cook at different times, which makes it a lot easier to get things done.

Mark

I lived in house once that was a commune we had our own bedroom but had to share the kitchen . I did all my own shopping and cooking and baking and some guys there did none. I baked myself a banana bread one day and I cut it in half so it would cool off faster. One of the guys ate half on my bread ! Man I was pissed off, we where not to touch other people foods unless we cooking together. Does that happen where you live , do people eat other people food?

I lived in house once that was a commune we had our own bedroom but had to share the kitchen . I did all my own shopping and cooking and baking and some guys there did none. I baked myself a banana bread one day and I cut it in half so it would cool off faster. One of the guys ate half on my bread ! Man I was pissed off, we where not to touch other people foods unless we cooking together. Does that happen where you live , do people eat other people food?

Thankfully, no. All of us respect each others property and food, and there's never been any trouble.

Construction all done!! To celebrate, here are the final 7 photos:

Attachments

• IMG_20140314_210058_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_210058_0.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140314_205937_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_205937_0.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140314_210025_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_210025_0.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140314_210002_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_210002_0.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20140314_205906_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_205906_0.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20140314_210839_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_210839_0.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20140314_210900_0.jpg
    IMG_20140314_210900_0.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 28
The drawers next to the stove is not really in the best place ,it look kind of awkward to use them, and you can't open them when the cabinet doors are open . It was not very good planning.

The drawers next to the stove is not really in the best place ,it look kind of awkward to use them, and you can't open them when the cabinet doors are open . It was not very good planning.

You see the space they had to work with? That's why.

Mark

The space is too small for 6 people. Looks nice though!

We get by. It's not like we all cook at the same time,anyhow. Some of us cook early, some of us cook late, others eat out.

Mark

Really nice ending! Who's going to be first to use it?

Enjoy!

That's to be determined. We've already tested out some of the lights, and they're awesome. Heck, I even got a couple of free lightbulbs for my use. Doesn't get any better than that.

Mark

Thank You. Final photos are set for later today. I believe they have eliminated the use of a gas stove, and put in an electric one, and that's not a bad thing. That'll save a lot of money on gas usage when the kitchen officially reopens later today.
Are you sure? Those look like gas burners, not electric.

Back