Japan warns that North Korea may fire missile at U.S. on Independence Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
too much tabloid newspaper :hmm: are you fan of The Lone Gunmen?

The%20Lone%20Gunmen%20-%2010.jpg

but you didn't support Iraq. Why would you support this then?

This is probably because North Korea is a genuine threat. This unstable country (rather unstable leader) admits to having weapons of mass destruction. Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction nor did they claim to have any. This reminds us why Canada did not go to Iraq, thanks to Jean Chretien. :)

This is probably because North Korea is a genuine threat. This unstable country (rather unstable leader) admits to having weapons of mass destruction. Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction nor did they claim to have any. This reminds us why Canada did not go to Iraq, thanks to Jean Chretien. :)

Actually Mr. Chretien made a decision based on a recommendation by the Canadian Forces who conducted a report on whether or not it is necessary to join the Coalition forces for the invasion of Iraq. The report proved how exactly it had happened in Iraq in first few years of the post-invasion.

Actually Mr. Chretien made a decision based on a recommendation by the Canadian Forces who conducted a report on whether or not it is necessary to join the Coalition forces for the invasion of Iraq. The report proved how exactly it had happened in Iraq in first few years of the post-invasion.

Ohhh OK. Then thank you to the Canadian Forces! :)

He used mustard gas on the Kurds. Secondly, he was never cooperative with the inspectors giving them the impression that he had WMDs by hiding or moving them around. It certainly does not help if the coalition were uncovering items like finding a fighter jet buried under sand (see AWC Pictures ), a pratice not unknown of Saddam to do those things. He simply played a dangerous cat and mouse game, and he ultimately lost that game. Thirdly, if the U.N. is unwilling to enforce any of the 17 Resolutions to try and get Saddam to comply, then they should not be in the business of handing out worthless ultimatums if they don't have the means and the will to enforce it. It took a coalition to finally go after Saddam and his army the second time around after the first Iraq war when afterwards he violated the signed peace agreement in the first place.

And so, we have another crazy loon dictator whose actions are becoming more dangerous and reckless each year. This time, this is a country that literally has nothing to lose and everything to gain by going to war.

Unfortunately, you're right on that one.

He used mustard gas on the Kurds. Secondly, he was never cooperative with the inspectors giving them the impression that he had WMDs by hiding or moving them around. It certainly does not help if the coalition were uncovering items like finding a fighter jet buried under sand (see AWC Pictures ), a pratice not unknown of Saddam to do those things. He simply played a dangerous cat and mouse game, and he ultimately lost that game. Thirdly, if the U.N. is unwilling to enforce any of the 17 Resolutions to try and get Saddam to comply, then they should not be in the business of handing out worthless ultimatums if they don't have the means and the will to enforce it. It took a coalition to finally go after Saddam and his army the second time around after the first Iraq war when afterwards he violated the signed peace agreement in the first place.

Is that a fact?
Did Saddam Hussein Gas His Own People?

but NK hasn't attacked ANY nation. All it did is testing the weapons like everybody else.

(by your logic)

I wouldnt be surprised if NK (kim jong the fat doorknob) is doing this on behalf of China

I share this kind of sentiment with you. I work for DND (Department of National Defense) and we collaborate with one of our closest allies, U.S. I cannot tell you what I am doing there for national security reasons.

Yes I know the answer. There are many brand-new banana missiles on the base so that the NK army would slip off from the banana's peels and hit a wrong red button that would nuke its own country. That would save us a lot of money! :eek3:

Oh really????? Now Japanese is warning USA? I thought Japan doesn't like the US because of what they done to them in WW II.
They got over that. We are now the market for Japanese products and supplier for their raw materials. Also, because of the Status of Forces agreement after WWII, we are responsible for their defense should NK attack them.

Japan hates NK, not the USA. Japan has more to fear from NK than from the USA.

It benefits Japan to warn the USA.

I get nervous cuz I am close to DC. It doesnt help that my hubby works at the Pentagon. GRRR!
Current technology missiles of NK can't reach DC.

Hawaii or Alaska, maybe.

Oh really????? Now Japanese is warning USA? I thought Japan doesn't like the US because of what they done to them in WW II.

The Japanese became pacifist after WWII after they realized the previous power were doing all the evil things. They do not want to go through this again. General McArthur stayed there to help Japanese in the postwar period and they made agreement that they will not fight like this again.

Japanese history: Postwar

Douglas MacArthur - Postwar Japan

MacArthur and his GHQ staff helped a devastated Japan rebuild itself, institute a democratic government, and chart a course that made Japan one of the world's leading industrial powers. The U.S. was firmly in control of Japan to oversee its reconstruction, and MacArthur was effectively the interim leader of Japan from 1945 until 1948. In 1946, MacArthur's staff drafted a new constitution that renounced war and reduced the emperor to a figurehead; this constitution remains in use in Japan to this day. He also pushed the Japanese Diet into adopting a decentralization plan to break apart the large Japanese companies (zaibatsu) and foster the first Japanese labor unions.

If Japan´s warn is true then the USA has the right to defend their country against North Korea.

:ty: for warning, Japan.

Yes, that´s right.

Germany and France didn´t join Iraq war, too.

Secondly, he was never cooperative with the inspectors giving them the impression that he had WMDs by hiding or moving them around.

Bush, Cheney admit Iraq had no WMD, take new tack

Bush, Cheney admit Iraq had no WMD, take new tack | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Inspector: Iraq had no WMD before invasion
Final report says Saddam had ambitions but no chem or bio arms
Inspector says Iraq had no WMD - Conflict in Iraq- msnbc.com

Fact: Saddam was no threat to the USA and the world.

Colin Powell urged Bush to not go Iraq war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back