Is this true about Gallaudet?

bingo. right on the spot.

nowadays - level 100-200 courses at community colleges are pretty good. If you want to step up, you go to state college. Its level 300-400 courses are comparable to private prestigious colleges but like you said in your post - there will be a distinctive difference between those schools - the funds.

Because of 9/11 and a various of financial boost bills by the President... many reputable state colleges have built new departments, majors, and facilities to train students for defense programs.

ie. Virginia Tech recently built new bioscience/biotech facilities and majors such as infectious diseases and neurotoxicity.
And I might also add that Arkansas Tech University where I was going up until recently is the ONLY 4-year college that offers a FEMA Degree. From what I gather you have to be the cream of the crop to even be considered for acceptance into the program. I believe it.

Personally, I think all general breadth and remedial courses at a local college are comparable with nearly all university level courses. The purpose in the 100-200 ranges are to mainly to prep you and give focus for the material beyond, so it's basically entry level for most if not all colleges. The smaller classes at colleges are an advantage for folks who learn better with less classmates.

The difference between these institutions are when an individual advances past the general level and into the 300/400 courses, where the topics get specific.

Unfortunately most of the 300 and beyond level are mainly offered only at the universities, unsurprisingly, as they have the budget for the equipment and allocation for those courses. Physics, chemistry, biology and related sciences classes where a specific focus comes to mind.

Once you're in any 300 or above class, it seems equally comparable with the focus of graduate studies - less students per course and streamlined into a specific topic.

matajan, if you intend to get an advanced degree in law studies or communications, whatever is on your mind, take into account that the writing involved is only going to get harder. Are you ready to make a thesis?

If I ever go back to school, it'll be Gallaudet. My thesis will be in ASL.

I believe ALL graduate programs require GRE unless you're graduating from same school.

It makes me return for graduate school international development at Gallaudet without take GRE.

Why did other graduate school require me to take GRE if I was accepted in undergraduate or never go there school, it is not fair.

Personally, I think all general breadth and remedial courses at a local college are comparable with nearly all university level courses. The purpose in the 100-200 ranges are to mainly to prep you and give focus for the material beyond, so it's basically entry level for most if not all colleges. The smaller classes at colleges are an advantage for folks who learn better with less classmates.

The difference between these institutions are when an individual advances past the general level and into the 300/400 courses, where the topics get specific.

Unfortunately most of the 300 and beyond level are mainly offered only at the universities, unsurprisingly, as they have the budget for the equipment and allocation for those courses. Physics, chemistry, biology and related sciences classes where a specific focus comes to mind.

Once you're in any 300 or above class, it seems equally comparable with the focus of graduate studies - less students per course and streamlined into a specific topic.

matajan, if you intend to get an advanced degree in law studies or communications, whatever is on your mind, take into account that the writing involved is only going to get harder. Are you ready to make a thesis?

bingo. right on the spot.

nowadays - level 100-200 courses at community colleges are pretty good. If you want to step up, you go to state college. Its level 300-400 courses are comparable to private prestigious colleges but like you said in your post - there will be a distinctive difference between those schools - the funds.

Because of 9/11 and a various of financial boost bills by the President... many reputable state colleges have built new departments, majors, and facilities to train students for defense programs.

ie. Virginia Tech recently built new bioscience/biotech facilities and majors such as infectious diseases and neurotoxicity.

I would agree with the 100 and 200 levels.....In fact I dare say those courses are likely to be MORE interesting at jucos

It makes me return for graduate school international development at Gallaudet without take GRE.

Why did other graduate school require me to take GRE if I was accepted in undergraduate or never go there school, it is not fair.

No. It is very fair. Why? because all schools have different programs, styles, requirements, etc. and also schools are aware of professors cutting some slack for some students out of pity or favor to let them pass the course.

For example - School A does not know if the student from School B is on the level that School A is looking for. GRE shows what level the college graduates are. All graduate schools' level of standard may vary... hence the purpose of GRE score. Harvard University, for example, demands a high GRE score while other school accept lower GRE score.

GRE is not usually required for students going to graduate school where they graduated from because the graduate school already knows the type of education they got but they don't know what kind of education you have from other school.

No. It is very fair. Why? because all schools have different programs, styles, requirements, etc. and also schools are aware of professors cutting some slack for some students out of pity or favor to let them pass the course.

For example - School A does not know if the student from School B is on the level that School A is looking for. GRE shows what level the college graduates are. All graduate schools' level of standard may vary... hence the purpose of GRE score. Harvard University, for example, demands a high GRE score while other school accept lower GRE score.

GRE is not usually required for students going to graduate school where they graduated from because the graduate school already knows the type of education they got but they don't know what kind of education you have
from other school.

I understand that your point is. I am worried about some college rejected me if they find out my GRE is low score and do not care I am deaf. When enter graduate program, it is big different from undergaduate where social and party and fun life...in graduate program, it seems quiet and not much social life cuz of work and off campus living. You know what, DPN leader in 88, did not make it on LSAT for enter harvard ever I thought gallaudet and kappa gamma fraternity helped him admit harvard by passing lsat...why it fail deaf leaders to enter harvard or other schools for law school or graduate pro gram...

GRE is not usually required for students going to graduate school where they graduated from because the graduate school already knows the type of education they got but they don't know what kind of education you have from other school.

And few of my good friends and high school friends who enrolled graduate program at gallaudet without GRE.

They majored in education, mental health clinic and school counesling, pyschology, social work.

Some of them who graduated gally then still at gallaudet for graduate program.

And few of my good friends and high school friends who enrolled graduate program at gallaudet without GRE.

did they go to Gallaudet for undergraduate program?

I understand that your point is. I am worried about some college rejected me if they find out my GRE is low score and do not care I am deaf. When enter graduate program, it is big different from undergaduate where social and party and fun life...in graduate program, it seems quiet and not much social life cuz of work and off campus living. You know what, DPN leader in 88, did not make it on LSAT for enter harvard ever I thought gallaudet and kappa gamma fraternity helped him admit harvard by passing lsat...why it fail deaf leaders to enter harvard or other schools for law school or graduate pro gram...

if your GRE score is low - it's not because of your deafness. it's because you did not study hard enough. it also means you are not motivated enough to get into graduate school.

Let's pretend that GRE did not exist and you can get into Harvard University without GRE score. Do you think you can handle Harvard University? It requires MANY readings and MANY writings. Can you read at least 30 books per semester and write over total of 100 pages of reports per semester? Can you study at least 12 hours a day?

Of course I have heard of stories that some people in fraternity got into school easy because of connection but think about it when he finishes graduate school. When he gets a job, he cannot handle it after few months because he does not know how to do it well. Eventually in a few years - he will be un-hire-able because he is stupid and partied too much at graduate college.

My deaf friend graduated from MIT several years ago. She is "very" deaf and speaks very little. She barely can hear anything. She is 100% ASL.

You are not ready for any graduate school. You are not motivated enough to get into any Ivy League otherwise you would have good GRE score and college transcripts. You are too focused on trying to find Ivy League white girls. You lie too much to look good in front of people. Stop lying. Be a good honest, hard-working person.... and then Ivy League will like you.

well I told you - most graduate schools do not require GRE score if the students graduated from same school.

so if you don't want to take GRE score - then go to Gallaudet graduate school.

I highly recommend you to find a job or travel around to get a life experience for a couple years because you are too focused on finding Ivy League white girls and you make girls uncomfortable. You need to learn a life and how to communicate with girls. When you are a changed man, then you are ready for graduate school. People will like you and you will realize that you do not have to keep lying to people to look good.

The deaf students I work with at the college where I went to grad school have to take an average of 1 year developmental work in math and English. Virtually all of them came from the mainsteam. The interesting thing is, approximately 77% of hearing college freshmen have to take an average of 1 year developmental work in math and English, as well. Says more about the quality of education in the mainstream than anything else.

My son, if I may use him as an example, entered hearing college without needing developmental courses. He attended a deaf school with a bi-bi focus.
And perhaps if I may also use myself as an example. I was in the mainstream and was also not only an Honor Student in English but also in Math. Not to also mention taking Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus at the Junior and High School level, etc...

Who says students do not want to graduate from Gally? I'm hearing, and I would have been proud to be accepted to their graduate school. It just wasn't feasible for me to relocate at the time.
What's wrong with a student not wanting to go to Gally? It's not for everyone nor do all deaf students have to go there...

What's wrong with a student not wanting to go to Gally? It's not for everyone nor do all deaf students have to go there...

Where did she say that? Her deaf son didnt go to Gallaudet, so it would be ironic if Jillio said that all deaf students should go there but doesnt send her son there. :hmm:

Where did she say that? Her deaf son didnt go to Gallaudet, so it would be ironic if Jillio said that all deaf students should go there but doesnt send her son there. :hmm:
But she did say "Who says students do not want to graduate from Gally?" like there's something wrong with a student not wanting to go to Gally.

But she did say "Who says students do not want to graduate from Gally?" like there's something wrong with a student not wanting to go to Gally.

You would have to ask her that but I know that she isnt the kind to say that all deaf students must go to Gallaudet.

That's not the impression I got from her post.

Back