Is this true about Gallaudet?

I believe ALL graduate programs require GRE unless you're graduating from same school.

I had to take it and my bachelor's and one of my graduate degrees is from the same school. And I had a 3.9 GPA.

And perhaps if I may also use myself as an example. I was in the mainstream and was also not only an Honor Student in English but also in Math. Not to also mention taking Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus at the Junior and High School level, etc...

Well, aren't you just special? But that still has nothing to do with what we are seeing with the college freshmen coming in from the mainstream, nor with the hearing students coming from the mainstream.

What's wrong with a student not wanting to go to Gally? It's not for everyone nor do all deaf students have to go there...

Who said there is anything wrong with a student not wanting to go to Gally? Certainly not me. I said that there was nothing wrong with a student wanting to go to Gally.

My son chose to go to a hearing college instead of Gally. He had a couple of valid reasons for wanting to do so. And he chose a hearing college that is well known for their excellent disability services and large deaf population.

Where did she say that? Her deaf son didnt go to Gallaudet, so it would be ironic if Jillio said that all deaf students should go there but doesnt send her son there. :hmm:

Exactly. What is up with people trying to insert things into posts, and then tell me what great students they were? Such great students should be able to read my posts more accurately. :P

That's not the impression I got from her post.

Yeah. Because that isn't what I said at all.:giggle:

I find it odd that the deaf understood what I was saying, and the other hearing person on the forum that has extensive personal contact with deaf on a daily basis understood, but the hearing and the hoh can't seem to get it.:lol:

If deaf students go hearing universities, where did they got money to pay tuition?

lots of deaf students withdrawal from gallaudet due to financial situtation like cannot afford tuition.

Because of their low gpa or family income.

They are not able to come back to gallaudet after withdrawal or leave on absence.

You know lots of students withdrawal in the past?

Any of you who withdrawal from gallaudet? Why?

If deaf students go hearing universities, where did they got money to pay tuition?

lots of deaf students withdrawal from gallaudet due to financial situtation like cannot afford tuition.

They are not able to come back to gallaudet after withdrawal or leave on absence.

I had a full-ride softball scholarship and that paid for my college titution for my BA degree.

i wonder if any kappa gamma fraternity or phi kappa zeta sorority helps their brothers and sisters keep academic successful and earn scholarship.

Becasue I am interested in one of the fraternities who could help me successful from gallaudet bring into real world.

I thought all greek members always stay at gallaudet continue to finish school if they keep good grades and manage financial, but without, why they have to be member of greek world?

Many get funding from Vocational Rehab. Or FAFSA.

I've been a Junior for thirty years. The best time of my life. Woot!

i wonder if any kappa gamma fraternity or phi kappa zeta sorority helps their brothers and sisters keep academic successful and earn scholarship.

Becasue I am interested in one of the fraternities who could help me successful from gallaudet bring into real world.

I thought all greek members always stay at gallaudet continue to finish school if they keep good grades and manage financial, but without, why they have to be member of greek world?

no that is not true. It is all about how hard you work and know how to run the organzation in order to gain the confident of dealing with the events or businesses. Anyone who go to ANY colleges or universites for getting degrees showing that they have knowledges with their majors that applies toa real world. fraternities and sororities are only for FUN and possible, gain the confidence or networking. I suggest you to focus on yourself what you have the best talents that leads to a job what you like to do something with in your own self help.

So are a lot of deaf people graduated from gallaudet or any other colleges or universities. There are plenty of finanical aids, grants or pell that can help some of covering the tuitions. maybe you are hanging out with those people who are not ready for the real world and decide to withdraw school. Some of them will come back to school. I know some people who had withdraw and returned to get degrees when they are ready.

No wonder...you said fraternities and sororities are only fun and possible as network. Where did you learn that?

If I want to become businessman, how I can run deaf oragnization or company to help deaf people?

Which state I can live in for business? California or New York?

I always travel a lot by plane for business and vacation...I would love to live in new york ciity for working as business to develop trading and market for deaf people in world.

In world, deaf people need videophone, alarm with vibrate, etc. and others are made in america like real clothes and things that my company could have made.

And perhaps if I may also use myself as an example. I was in the mainstream and was also not only an Honor Student in English but also in Math. Not to also mention taking Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus at the Junior and High School level, etc...

Who cares? I don't bring up the fact I took high school physics in the 8th grade. I don't bring up the fact that my deaf school paid for me to go to the university of colorado for engineering classes when I was 15-17. I remember the day when my interpreter announced to the class "Guess what?! It's Matt's 16th birthday today!" The entire class was perplexed looking at me.... These classes were full of 35+ year old engineers from Oracle, MCI, etc.. I took 9 credit hours at the university while doing full time classes at school. I almost never showed up to my high school classes but looking at the notes I was able to perform. Oh, I forgot, student body president, football captain, starting up a non profit thing within the school that has donated 6 figures to the school after 10 years, academic bowl captain for three years, chairperson for the prom, in VICA competitions I was beating the college students in printing in the 8th grade and on, and many more...

I don't have the need to defend the fact that there IS a problem in the Deaf education scene. There's just way too many people with individualistic relationships. I may be a narcissistic, but I do think of others.

I always travel a lot by plane for business and vacation...I would love to live in new york ciity for working as business to develop trading and market for deaf people in world.

In world, deaf people need videophone, alarm with vibrate, etc. and others are made in america like real clothes and things that my company could have made.

You are not the only one with that kind of idea for a business. I know of many businesses that cater to deaf people. Good luck with the competition...

How will start to run a business like founder of facebook and apple?

I would be like donald trump and get MBA at wharton school.

Back