Is this true about Gallaudet?

funny-pictures-risky-business-cat.jpg

:lol: that is so you !!! :lol:

You are seeing the same thing I am, then. Thing is, it is not limited to the deaf students.

I remember that my BIL Tom's brother had to take remediation courses before he could take regular courses at a college he attended. He got thrown out later on for not studying. He isn't deaf.

Who cares? I don't bring up the fact I took high school physics in the 8th grade. I don't bring up the fact that my deaf school paid for me to go to the university of colorado for engineering classes when I was 15-17. I remember the day when my interpreter announced to the class "Guess what?! It's Matt's 16th birthday today!" The entire class was perplexed looking at me.... These classes were full of 35+ year old engineers from Oracle, MCI, etc.. I took 9 credit hours at the university while doing full time classes at school. I almost never showed up to my high school classes but looking at the notes I was able to perform. Oh, I forgot, student body president, football captain, starting up a non profit thing within the school that has donated 6 figures to the school after 10 years, academic bowl captain for three years, chairperson for the prom, in VICA competitions I was beating the college students in printing in the 8th grade and on, and many more...

I don't have the need to defend the fact that there IS a problem in the Deaf education scene. There's just way too many people with individualistic relationships. I may be a narcissistic, but I do think of others.
If you're such an accomplished individual, then why this continuous need to get personal in the forum? You know there's a difference between stating one's opinion and making counter viewpoints and getting personal... ;-)

If you're such an accomplished individual, then why this continuous need to get personal in the forum? You know there's a difference between stating one's opinion and making counter viewpoints and getting personal... ;-)

Pot, meet kettle.:laugh2: If you don't want members to comment on you personally, don't use personal information to try to support your points.

A rep from Gally at my school said that more than half of the students who enroll will have to take remedial English courses...I didn't ask for a specific number, but now I wish I did. FJ, perhaps you can call Gally's enrollment office and ask for data?

It's funny though...I was accepted at many schools, including Harvard. The one school who rejected my application...was Gallaudet.

A rep from Gally at my school said that more than half of the students who enroll will have to take remedial English course
Not surprised. A lot of the kids didn't get a good education in the mainstream or were behind b/c they had to work so hard to catch up, that they were still behind.

There are so many factors that contribute to why a student who is graduating from high school isn't on grade level.

Of course, many blame us teachers for not doing our jobs. That's all the rage now..."highly qualified teachers are the answer!" RME

A rep from Gally at my school said that more than half of the students who enroll will have to take remedial English courses...I didn't ask for a specific number, but now I wish I did. FJ, perhaps you can call Gally's enrollment office and ask for data?

It's funny though...I was accepted at many schools, including Harvard. The one school who rejected my application...was Gallaudet.

why did gallaudet reject you?

Gallaudet is tough to get into.

Tuition waiver in my state.

Again, deaf students need to get high gpa in order to get scholarship or loan if needed for hearing university.

Deaf students with below 3.0 gpa from hs is really idiot. They want to attend college but not get any scholarship to pay tuition or end up in working.

Why did they not work hard in coursework in mainstream?

I know many private schools could throw students if they got less than 3.0 gpa.

maybe, public schools but i am not sure.

About five percent of deaf students with top student and honor from school for the deaf already get full scholarship and attend university but gallaudet is optional. Otherwise, top 10 students will go gallaudet or other college but not get any full scholarship for tuition.

Lots of deaf students with honor at prep school or public had scholarship and attend university with paying tuition but not have withdrawal.

Now, that why many deaf students from mainstream come to gallaudet...

lots of deaf students complained why deafies dont sign or not aware of deaf culture at gallaudet.

It make honor student or mainstream student feel not comfortable with loud people.

They did not want to live in clerc or go party at clerc...involved events like spirit week or blue and buff party.

students from school for the deaf do not care about ivies

Or they will realize they did not have chance to make with hearing friends...and not find any real job with high salary.

I've met deaf students who came from school for the deaf at gallaudet.

few deaf students will do if they really motivate into socializing with ivies and lead to keep network successfully.

Like one guy is alumni of csdf '01 who had fiancee from cornell university and held law degree from uc hastling. He is lucky man to have ivy girl in his life.

Again, deaf students need to get high gpa in order to get scholarship or loan if needed for hearing university.

Deaf students with below 3.0 gpa from hs is really idiot. They want to attend college but not get any scholarship to pay tuition or end up in working.

Why did they not work hard in coursework in mainstream?

I know many private schools could throw students if they got less than 3.0 gpa.

maybe, public schools but i am not sure.

About five percent of deaf students with top student and honor from school for the deaf already get full scholarship and attend university but gallaudet is optional. Otherwise, top 10 students will go gallaudet or other college but not get any full scholarship for tuition.

Lots of deaf students with honor at prep school or public had scholarship and attend university with paying tuition but not have withdrawal.

Now, that why many deaf students from mainstream come to gallaudet...

lots of deaf students complained why deafies dont sign or not aware of deaf culture at gallaudet.

It make honor student or mainstream student feel not comfortable with loud people.

They did not want to live in clerc or go party at clerc...involved events like spirit week or blue and buff party.

To get a scholarship, any student has to have at least a 3.0 (B) average. That holds true for hearing students or deaf students. To get a loan, any student has to have at least a 2.0 (c) average. That holds true for hearing and deaf students. If you are having trouble maintaining a "c" average, maybe you need to re-think your decision to go to college.

I cannot share with you about him. I knew him well and better respect his life with ivy girl. It means deaf people should not ask deafies who had ivy lover.

To get a scholarship, any student has to have at least a 3.0 (B) average. That holds true for hearing students or deaf students. To get a loan, any student has to have at least a 2.0 (c) average. That holds true for hearing and deaf students. If you are having trouble maintaining a "c" average, maybe you need to re-think your decision to go to college.

I know. I did not get any full scholarship when I attended Cornell and suffered with paying tuition through scholarship but no loan.

It is tough to work on paying tuition at ivy league school.

I cannot share with you about him. I knew him well and better respect his life with ivy girl. It means deaf people should not ask deafies who had ivy lover.

I know someone deaf who is with Ivy girl too. But he does not care which school she is from.

Do you agree to his thinking?

Back