I'm looking for townhouse this fall.

Finally, I found a apartment in Greenville at long last. This beautiful lady herself told me on the phone that there's empty apartments now available for few months! I'm SO going to take it!!! For that I'll be living in the upstairs apartment.

And how cheap is your rent? There's nothing for $199 a month, you can't even rent a trailer for that cheap! I plan to rent a room or a 1 bedroom apartment and it's gonna cost me around $600 a month. When house prices drop more, I will decide where to buy but my budget is around $50,000 for a house which I can get today in NW Pennsylvania.

And how cheap is your rent? There's nothing for $199 a month, you can't even rent a trailer for that cheap! I plan to rent a room or a 1 bedroom apartment and it's gonna cost me around $600 a month. When house prices drop more, I will decide where to buy but my budget is around $50,000 for a house which I can get today in NW Pennsylvania.
Don't be so sure about that, there is several places you can rent for that much of money. :)

Finally, I found a apartment in Greenville at long last. This beautiful lady herself told me on the phone that there's empty apartments now available for few months! I'm SO going to take it!!! For that I'll be living in the upstairs apartment.

You didn't say that you went to check the empty unit for defects, bug issues, the property, etc....sounds like you jumped and going to take it over the phone..

I didn't take that cheap place. It's reasonable price for me to take it. It's 360 dollars per month for that rent. Anyways..I'm going over there very soon to take a look.

I didn't take that cheap place. It's reasonable price for me to take it. It's 360 dollars per month for that rent. Anyways..I'm going over there very soon to take a look.

I went back to look at the website and it's the cheapest rent over the others. Now, I think it may be a typo and no one has brought it to their attention. If that be the case, perhaps they're not aware of the price they listed. On the other hand, I noticed it's in North Carolina, which is south of the Mason-Dixon line and that's positively two stikes against the rental place already.

I think you can find a better place by people who know how to read and write.

I went back to look at the website and it's the cheapest rent over the others. Now, I think it may be a typo and no one has brought it to their attention. If that be the case, perhaps they're not aware of the price they listed. On the other hand, I noticed it's in North Carolina, which is south of the Mason-Dixon line and that's positively two stikes against the rental place already.

I think you can find a better place by people who know how to read and write.

Actually, I choose bells fork crossing. The lady herself told me that I can take upstairs apartment. So that sounds good to me, because I prefer upstairs. I'm very serious about this.

Here it is: Bells Fork Crossing apartment

Very small apartments, 2BR, 974 sq. ft. ....said nothing about a 3BR....and only has 1BA, not 2.....gonna be very hard to fit ur "family" in there when they come to visit...

As for "living upstairs".....if you have a dog, then it's up and down the stairs several times a day....also bringing groceries up and down, etc.!

Also, living upstairs, you have to be more quieter when you walk across the floor...no running children...as ur downstairs neighbor will complain and complain of the noise!

I've lived both up and down.....and would never live "upstairs" again.

That apt looks a little too nice looking for $360 a month.

And the amenitities!!....Here's what it said:

Features and Amenities Include:
Free DSL internet service, Kenmore appliances including washer & dryer, dishwasher, refigerator with icemaker, ceiling fans in bedroom and living room, deadbolt locks, small pets allowed with fee.

The $360/month is probably for the 1BR only....with all these amenitities, a 2BR or a 3BR, the rent is much higher!.....

Didn't the OP want a 3BR/2BA townhouse/apt. to begin with?....These apts. are very, very small.

Townhouses and apartments are not same thing. :scratch: my head..

It says one bedroom like some ADers say in here. That apartment's size is too small, if you are planning to get a dog. No room for that.
Or a rundown apartment inside than outside, it is hard to tell... I can see that picture of the outside apartment, which looks nice but where are the tenants? No cars parking there. :lol:

My first apt here in MD was around 900 square feet. I HATED it..was toooo small. It would be perfect for a single person and a small dog.

My first apt here in MD was around 900 square feet. I HATED it..was toooo small. It would be perfect for a single person and a small dog.

My first apt in other town was around 680 sq feet, during my college days. It's a studio. It was really small. I remember, I used to have a pull out sofa bed there, which is a pain in the neck. I HATED that. :lol:

Very small apartments, 2BR, 974 sq. ft. ....said nothing about a 3BR....and only has 1BA, not 2.....gonna be very hard to fit ur "family" in there when they come to visit...

As for "living upstairs".....if you have a dog, then it's up and down the stairs several times a day....also bringing groceries up and down, etc.!

Also, living upstairs, you have to be more quieter when you walk across the floor...no running children...as ur downstairs neighbor will complain and complain of the noise!

I've lived both up and down.....and would never live "upstairs" again.

No dogs for me, Robin! I'm going to bring two cats upstairs.

Robin, I'm very quieter person you've ever known, because I don't make a noise a lot. I mostly watch tv and reading lots of books. Nothing else that I'm going to cause noise.

No dogs for me, Robin! I'm going to bring two cats upstairs.

Robin, I'm very quieter person you've ever known, because I don't make a noise a lot. I mostly watch tv and reading lots of books. Nothing else that I'm going to cause noise.
Make sure you ask if there is a pet deposit and additional monthly pet fee required for your kitties. Most rental places require that.

Yeah, he has to pay a pet fee, and for 2 cats, would be cheaper than for a dog, I believe.....
My little dog barks at anything....but I live in a house. The OP seems to have gotten a really good deal with all these amenities!.....

I tend to think and "believe" that since I'm deaf, that I'm a very quiet person too....(since I can't hear any noise)...but when I'm in the kitchen cooking, washing dishes, I do make a "racket"! HAHA!

When I lived alone, I had someone cut the volume on my TV down low, just enuf so my dog could hear the TV....I've also "forgotten" to cut the garbage disposal off and it ran constantly for days, until it ran out.....My poor dog! She would look at me "very quizzingly"...wondering what that noise was!

We deafies might think we are "quiet", but there are some times we make a lot of noise and not realizing it. Slamming doors was my problem....just to "make sure" the door was closed, not realizing how hard I slammed it.

Make sure you ask if there is a pet deposit and additional monthly pet fee required for your kitties. Most rental places require that.

I already did. It's one-time fee for a pet deposit. It's between 300 to 400 dollars, I'm not sure. But, another apartment I really wanted to live there, I'd have to dig deeper into my pocket to draw 400 dollars out to pay all that pet deposit! :shock:

What were the landlady thinking! What would she expecting me to pay all that pet deposit! :roll:

Also another apartment, 15 dollars per month, that's fine with me. I'd have two floors between upstairs and downstairs. It's pretty big than that small apartment I'm about to signing very soon.

I'm not ready to take that apartment in Wilson NC, not yet. Right now, I want to enjoy that apartment I'm about to calling it home. I don't know if my grandmother will be more than willing to help me out with a pet deposit and all. I'll have housing people to help me out with rents and all.

I already did. It's one-time fee for a pet deposit. It's between 300 to 400 dollars, I'm not sure. But, another apartment I really wanted to live there, I'd have to dig deeper into my pocket to draw 400 dollars out to pay all that pet deposit! :shock:

What were the landlady thinking! What would she expecting me to pay all that pet deposit! :roll:

Also another apartment, 15 dollars per month, that's fine with me. I'd have two floors between upstairs and downstairs. It's pretty big than that small apartment I'm about to signing very soon.

I'm not ready to take that apartment in Wilson NC, not yet. Right now, I want to enjoy that apartment I'm about to calling it home. I don't know if my grandmother will be more than willing to help me out with a pet deposit and all. I'll have housing people to help me out with rents and all.

Perhaps ur new landlord might "work" with you on the pet deposit?....Mine did! Was very nice about it, knowing I could not part with my pets! (I have a dog, cat and cocktiels plus fish).....The pet deposit is "non-refundable"....

Wilson is a nice "little city"!....If you were to rent close to the Beaches or Wilmington, the rents there are outrageous! Wilmington, (my home town) is basically a "resort town"....but more and more deafies are moving there! Nice deaf club there also!...Nice to meet another "Tar Heel"! Hope ur new apt. is just great and you'll be happy there....

Back