If the mods are doing a bad job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Then it's my fault and I accept responsibility for not being a good administrator. However, I want to make a few things clear regarding Buckdodgers/Ravensteve:

First, no one on AD was "protecting" him before, including the mods, and we had no idea what he was going to get himself involved with a minor. Sure he had said some bad stuff before which got him permanently banned once, but then he pleaded and pleaded and said he'll never do it again.

Some of you know I can be soft-hearted so I decided to give him another chance with the approval from the mod team. The mods and I were keeping an eye on him since he was accepted back. Later on we started getting a few complaints against him, and we warned him that he's about to cross the line and if he gets banned again it's permanent for real this time. Again, no one was "protecting" him, we were just trying to talk sense into the guy. Everyone has flaws, no one is perfect, so why just get rid of him easily?

Ok, so it turned out to be a big mistake after I was told by Taylor that Buckdodgers/Ravensteve was baiting a minor on AllDeaf, or was it the other way around? Anyway, once I've seen enough evidence that he was, in fact, trying to manipulate this young girl, I removed his account without question. He's gone already, he's no longer here, so why are we still talking about him as if he still exists? Why can't we just move on, people?

Another thing, around the time 2hot4u (the minor in question) was active in the AD community, I checked and realized she was very young. And it was suspicious, too, because of the username she chose "2hot4u." That prompt me to investigate her account and found out that her IP address was associated with Taylor's account. There was no other IP address that pointed somewhere else but Taylor's account. I didn't say anything at first because I wasn't sure what was going on, and I still don't know what the true story is behind it but it lead me to believe that it was a fake, and only Taylor knows the truth.

Now, I'm asking everyone to please put behind this Buckdodgers/Raventsteve issue, unless you have a hard-on for him, and just move on. There's enough drama out in the real world, there's no need for that here. The problem was taken care of already, let's sit back and try to have healthy discussions. That's what I created AllDeaf for in the first place.

However, if you feel like you want to add something, go right ahead and say it here and only here, not in other threads. And do not dare think about ruining my thread, so think twice before you post.

Thank you.

Update:
I don't know if this is of any comfort, but I thought I'd share some new information I received from '2hot4u' aka 'Domino Harvey.' I was told that the person behind those accounts was never this 14 year old some of you believed, but it was a 22 year old "police officer." This 14 year old never existed, she was never real from the very beginning.

Now, I still don't know if this "police officer" is even real yet, so I'm waiting for verification from this person. I've asked for the name, location of this police precinct, and phone number where I can contact this "police officer" and verify that he is real. I'm trying to get the entire truth behind all this once and for all.

Another thing, around the time 2hot4u (the minor in question) was active in the AD community, I checked and realized she was very young. And it was suspicious, too, because of the username she chose "2hot4u." That prompt me to investigate her account and found out that her IP address was associated with Taylor's account. There was no other IP address that pointed somewhere else but Taylor's account. I didn't say anything at first because I wasn't sure what was going on, and I still don't know what the true story is behind it but it lead me to believe that it was a fake, and only Taylor knows the truth.

Wow, I didn't know that ! I think we can never know the complete truth. I have never blamed Alex and mods about this past issue. what happened in the past is still blurry .

We don't need to get into fights about this issue over and over again. This forum is the place of peace and support. Let's not forget this :ty:

Something cat got my tongue but only who know more than everybody here is CCSinned. I don't want here to censure everybody. Only I want to see evidence that would be likely beyond a reasonable doubt? We suppose to protect our interest against dangerous. Alex did good wise job!

:shock: Omg! I knew it! I had a feeling there were a bait going on, but I was told that this underage teen was for real, but my gut feeling said it isn't. Now, I see that I cannot trust nobody in here, they're all full of liars. :pissed:

You are entitled to your own opinion but let's not try to point fingers here. The same goes for everyone else.

Thank you.

I knew it was a bait too and that was my gut feeling! Thanks for clearing it up, Alex! :eek3:

And no you are not a bad Admin either are the mods.. you and the mods has worked hard.. its not a easy job so I understand plus no body is perfect! :hug:

You are entitled to your own opinion but let's not try to point fingers here. The same goes for everyone else.

Thank you.

You did good job. Noone are perfect!

Well Alex, There is always a first time for everything. I realize that you can't always be on AllDeaf.com 24 hours because you work and have a life too. The same goes for the moderators. We all can only do what we can to bring these issues to your attention when-ever possible and you can take it from there. I don't think you or the moderators did a bad job, it really was more of a first time to be in that situation so there are some things that is going to be always a first time for everything. As for Taylor , doing police work on Ravensteve to catch him in the act of pedophillia. I can only hope Taylor obtained the approval from the police cheif because I do not want sick perverts frequenting this forum also if Taylor did not get approval from the police cheif and the district attorney to conduct police business on AllDeaf.com even though there was a real life sick pervert on AllDeaf.com saying and doing all those things then I think the child abuse case would get thrown out of court because he did not do professional police work even though Taylor may have had good intentions but they always should line up with police professionalism. I think AllDeaf.com should not be held responsible for these turn of events because a police officer was either on or off duty trying to catch a sick pervert here on AllDeaf.com so I really truly hope that AllDeaf.com is protected from legal action because , really this is the first time for anybody and for you to be in this situation so it really would not be fair to AllDeaf.com , if it is found that in fact, Taylor did try to catch Ravensteve but then Ravensteve is let go free by the courts because it did not hold water in court. That would really be bad police work and good police work is when a police officer goes by the book and obtains permission to conduct a police investigation then when it is time to go to court then the case is won and Ravensteve goes to jail for trying to pick up a 14 years old girl or in this case, an undercover police officer posing as a 14 yr. old girl then that is good police work. I do not want to see AllDeaf.com be left holding the bag with legal conquensces or any of that at all. I mean, AllDeaf.com is a place of socializing amongst Deaf people, their family and interpreters and those who live with Deaf people as well as exchanging good information that really will help Deaf people everywhere to live better lives because of good information and advice, I can see that it was a first time for AllDeaf.com and there is always a first time for everything. I am glad nobody else got hurt and that is all that matters and I really hope Ravensteve is caught and arrested for trying to pick up a 14 yr. old girl. I don't want him or anybody like that frequenting AllDeaf.com or any forum for that matter. Ravensteve should by all rights be sitting in prison. Like I said, There is always a first time for everything and this was a good wake up call. God Bless :angel:

Thank you.

Ok Alex, I wasn't trying to, only pointing out generally, sorry for not making that clear. ;)

Yea! NO ONE PERFECT! Learn everyday so never stop you! Alldeaf groups are support you so much!! :grouphug:

Im glad Alex finally spoke up - however the damage has been done. We don't know how long-lasting this will be, too. In this whole thing, only RoadRunner and ^Angel^ have been blamed for this, subjected to so much insults, verbal abuse and harrassment, smeared with the taint of the whole affair of this, and even their personal address was posted here on AllDeaf. Even a banner was posted on another forum with their picture, along with Alex, calling them names. How would you like that, if you were in their place?

Put yourself in their shoes and walk a mile, heck, make it 100 miles.

I have been silent on this matter, because I was asked to do so. Now, I have to say something, because so many people here were enjoying themselves, heaping blame and abuse on RoadRunner and ^Angel^. It doesn't matter if they are my friends, I still would speak up about this, if they were just people I knew on AllDeaf. However, after meeting them in real life, I know these people are soft-hearted and taking so much on themselves - that it hurts me to see these good-hearted couple taking so much of the blame, when it was none of their fault.

IF you want to blame anyone, just take it out on me. I'll show you what blame is like right back.

And here I am ~ as Missy.

I have the day off. My boss called me a few minutes after I responded to your PM and told me not to come in because they’re resurfacing the parking lot in front of the business.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m the one who has egg on his face here. After I responded to your PM I went into the bedroom and told Mayflower that I would probably be permanently banned from AllDeaf. After all, it seemed lately that nobody was permitted to tell the emperor that he had no clothes, and here I was screaming it from the rooftops. So I assumed that my remaining lifespan on AllDeaf was measurable in mere minutes. It certainly seemed that the administration was doing everything possible to avoid taking responsibility for what happened, and that silencing dissenters was their primary means of achieving that end. So I fully expected you to bury me at the bottom of the litter box and go about your business. I did not expect you to respond by laying the issue out on the table for everyone to see. So I’ll be the first to commend you for that.

Now to the issues at hand:

Anyway, once I've seen enough evidence that he was, in fact, trying to manipulate this young girl, I removed his account without question. He's gone already, he's no longer here, so why are we still talking about him as if he still exists? Why can't we just move on, people?

You’ve asked a very salient question, and I feel compelled to give you an honest response. We refused to ‘move on’ because you and the Mod Squad (I’m the only person here old enough to get that) appeared to be deliberately evasive about the entire matter. I thought we made it clear that we felt that there were unresolved issues of accountability. Maybe we should have made ourselves clearer. But every time we spoke up, we were shot down and silenced. So it was reasonable for us to assume that there was an attempt on your part to evade culpability. But now that you’ve directly addressed these issues, most (but not all) of my suspicions have been assuaged. I feel that there are still unresolved issues of censorship going on here, but not all of them pertain to the Ravensteve saga, so I’ll address them at a later time. Besides, this post is getting too damn long as it is. :lol:

Assuming that this thread doesn’t careen out of control and get locked, I’ll probably post some more thoughts on the subject later today or tomorrow. There’s more I want to say, but at the moment the right words just aren’t coming to me. I need at least a few hours to think about exactly what I want to say, and figure out a way to say it so that there is absolutely no possibility that it will be misinterpreted.

Then it's my fault and I accept responsibility for not being a good administrator. However, I want to make a few things clear regarding Buckdodgers/Ravensteve:

First, no one on AD was "protecting" him before, including the mods, and we had no idea what he was going to get himself involved with a minor. Sure he had said some bad stuff before which got him permanently banned once, but then he pleaded and pleaded and said he'll never do it again.

Some of you know I can be soft-hearted so I decided to give him another chance with the approval from the mod team. The mods and I were keeping an eye on him since he was accepted back. Later on we started getting a few complaints against him, and we warned him that he's about to cross the line and if he gets banned again it's permanent for real this time. Again, no one was "protecting" him, we were just trying to talk sense into the guy. Everyone has flaws, no one is perfect, so why just get rid of him easily?

Ok, so it turned out to be a big mistake after I was told by Taylor that Buckdodgers/Ravensteve was baiting a minor on AllDeaf, or was it the other way around? Anyway, once I've seen enough evidence that he was, in fact, trying to manipulate this young girl, I removed his account without question. He's gone already, he's no longer here, so why are we still talking about him as if he still exists? Why can't we just move on, people?

Now, I'm asking everyone to please put behind this Buckdodgers/Raventsteve issue, unless you have a hard-on for him, and just move on. There's enough drama out in the real world, there's no need for that here. The problem was taken care of already, let's sit back and try to have healthy discussions. That's what I created AllDeaf for in the first place.

However, if you feel like you want to add something, go right ahead and say it here and only here, not in other threads. And do not dare think about ruining my thread, so think twice before you post.

Thank you.

are you sure uwant to stick that word in ur post?

:giggle: sorry i just had to put that in..

*sigh* i dont think ill comment for anything here cuz i know whatever i say here will get discarded anyway. *walks out of this thread*

*wondering if this thread is a bait for people to get banned?*:Ohno:

*began to pray i wont get banned.............. or others jsut for speaking their own opinions.....*

Last edited:
I've already moved on and I'm already glad that he's gone for good so I dont really care much about him anymore.

What's more important is that AD is now safe again.

I've already moved on and I'm already glad that he's gone for good so I dont really care much about him anymore.

What's more important is that AD is now safe again.

Is it really? Levonian was banned a short time after posting his response to this thread.

That smells. Why ban someone for merely stating an objection? There's been alot of ass-covering where Steve is concerned that goes way back. It was all fine and dandy until he was caught trying to solicit a minor for sex. Once that occured, they had to ban him. I also don't believe Taylor set him up. If that happened, why ban Steve? Innocent until proven guilty, right?

Some of us are upset and are asking questions. We're also being banned for asking the wrong questions. Levonian was banned and I suspect i will be.

So be it. If I am banned, it is because the mods are incompetent and they don't want the truth to be known.

Before I go, let me ask a few questions for you guys to think about:

If Buck is so innocent, why was he banned?

If Taylor set him up, why wasn't he banned? In order for that IP to be Taylor's, he would have had to create another acct. That is against AD rules, so why wasn't he banned for that?

I'll leave you guys to wonder.

With that, its been interesting..... Hope to see some of you around.

This is probably it for me....

To my friends:

I'll miss you.

To the rest of you:

Rot in hell.

hm one more thought...

anybody can set me up... i got my morals straight so they wont find shyt on me. they wont be able to get me into trouble.

now im not saying if buck/raven got set up or not... but either way... his morals is so twisted up that he did something absolutely wrong. so he deserved what he got. however... he doesnt need to be sweeped under the carpet.... unless... we want pedophile , molestors, twisted perverts, or scary people in here?

I think the biggest concern here was how this was deeply dividing AllDeaf ~ this whole mess over RS/BD.

I don't think this would have become an issue if there hadn't been so many flame wars, insulting of members, and even personal information revealed.

Even Taylor stated that it was probably time to move on.

I understand if some people still feel a need to talk it all out, and I'm sure that Alex aould have allowed a thread be created for that purpose only, however, with everyone in an uproar over this very same subject, the mod squad (even I'm old enough to understand this, too!) have had to close threads left and right, and ban several members in the process, that this same subject may become taboo. It just goes to show that even mature people are not able to talk through it rationally, and then tempers flare up... and innocent people get hurt.

As for me, I'm just glad that RS/BD was found out, and given the ol' permament heave~ho right outta AllDeaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back