I Feel Bad For Being Hard Of Hearing

I think you might have more luck with the ad approach if rather than trying to get a date, start a deaf/hh social club. Set it up to meet in a public place so people feel safe to go - like a library or bookstore. You may find others are looking for ways to meet people too. Look for trying to make friends. With friends you will probably be happier and that would make you more likely to find someone interesting in a date. It may take time for people to start coming but if you set it up with a regular meeting day and time word will get around.
That's an awesome idea! And way more likely to draw attention. Mind you, you'll get female and male replies but in the long run that's better, then you'll meet friends through friends and such. Perhaps (if you haven't already) searches to see if any similar groups already exist in your area.

@Coolio "cool beans with awesome sauce". I do like saying cool beans, but I like yours better! I will steal it! :)

@whatislife , I'm sharing this in case it helps. You know what my best experience ever was with online dating ads?

I was in a funk at that point in my life, so a friend challenged me to go and post an ad. But I didn't want to. I felt awkward doing something like:

"Single guy likes long walks on the beach and romantic candlelit dinners. Steals candy from baby when you're not looking. Must be OK with following habits: loud chewing, loud belching, bad music vocalizing. Please contact if interested."

So I said screw it. I wrote a funny story about my worst date ever. I wrote about everything that went wrong, all the awkward moments, and the silly parts where somebody goofed. There was nothing in my ad about what kind of woman I was looking for or anything like that.

I never expected to get a response and only wanted to appease my friend. I was shocked to see the flood of responses that happened in less than 12 hours. Normally on that site men were lucky to get one response. The people who responded were really cool. They were smart as heck and very wonderful people.

So if you feel like it, why not just write an ad that's just a funny story about something that happened to you?

Last edited:
yeah but im not american and im poor

Same condition with me. For emigrants is much worse not being able to hear in the US. Anyway, we should get used with the idea that we are not the center of the world and what we desire for the world means nothing. We have to try to improve our lives, but first of all we have to be patient, cause world is big and complicated and we live in a time when human life does not differ too much from the life of other mammals (i.e. mice). This life is a big joke and the best way to survive is to desire few things and to take seriously nothing.

You're welcome to it anytime lol only the coolest of the beans come with awesome sauce :afro:
4159329.jpg

Look, if you are serious about meeting girls you first need to work on your attitude a bit.
First, stop feeling bad about yourself. Ambrosia hit the nail on the head when she said you need to be confident.
Hard of hearing? well there is not much you can do about it so might as well accept it, finally.
You can either go to a HA seller and pick the best HAs for your hearing loss type, or try out for CI.
OR, you may turn your life a totally different way and became Deaf - keep signing, learn to sign fluently, go to Deaf uvi etc.
why not?
OR, better yet - ALL of the ABOVE!
If I was 30 again I'd go this way for sure.

Then, once your self esteem soars to sky's the limit - you'll find girls will start gravitate toward you like moths to a flame.

Fuzzy

Look, if you are serious about meeting girls you first need to work on your attitude a bit.
First, stop feeling bad about yourself. Ambrosia hit the nail on the head when she said you need to be confident.
Hard of hearing? well there is not much you can do about it so might as well accept it, finally.
You can either go to a HA seller and pick the best HAs for your hearing loss type, or try out for CI.
OR, you may turn your life a totally different way and became Deaf - keep signing, learn to sign fluently, go to Deaf uvi etc.
why not?

Then, once your self esteem soars to sky's the limit - you'll find girls will start gravitate toward you like moths to a flame.

Fuzzy
Um CI does not get rid of the downsides of being HOH. Most audilogically HOH people aren't even eligable for CI anyway.

why not?

Fuzzy

Um CI does not get rid of the downsides of being HOH. Most audilogically HOH people aren't even eligable for CI anyway.
Just read a little people. He has a CI, so he's deaf, not hoh.

Yet, he self identifies:

I Feel Bad For Being Hard Of Hearing
Not my fault he is stuck in that mindset.

Not planning to turn into Hoichi either, but I do like cold accurate terminology.

last year i tried to start a club at my college "hard of hearing club" as a student support club, essentially supporting each other and stuff. i made a flyer for it too but never got it off the ground so idk i might try again i just need a partner. maybe i should make a flyer looking for a partner then.

why not?

Fuzzy

yeah i have ci im still working on confidence issues and sometimes i feel like i don't have control of the environment when wearing ci. however i feel a lot more confident when im not wearing ci though idk why but i just do. i still have to wear ci regardless though.

people ignore me often so i cant do anything about it it does suck though like im not good enough to be a friend or something

people ignore me often so i cant do anything about it it does suck though like im not good enough to be a friend or something

but I'm in very bad situation right now, even it is much worse than your situation.

You should glad that you don't have to deal with mental health centers, especially abuses that discourage consumers from seeking for help, so mental health system is US is real BROKEN, but no idea about Canada.

last year i tried to start a club at my college "hard of hearing club" as a student support club, essentially supporting each other and stuff. i made a flyer for it too but never got it off the ground so idk i might try again i just need a partner. maybe i should make a flyer looking for a partner then.
Does your school have American Sign Language Club? It doesn't matter that you don't know sign language. Just be willing to learn. I joined this club when I was in college. I made a lot of hearing friends. They are open minded to hearing deaf voices. I hope your school has one.

I think this is would made you look too desperate saying you're looking for a partner also. You could say" you're trying to start a hoh club and people are welcome to
help or give suggestions . " Don't made it about you .

Back