I Feel Bad For Being Hard Of Hearing

I love this idea, honestly. You're trying to put together a club and make a community. Mad props @whatislife :)

I think this is would made you look too desperate saying you're looking for a partner also. You could say" you're trying to start a hoh club and people are welcome to
help or give suggestions . " Don't made it about you .

There's nothing desperate about asking for a 'co-leader' for a club to get off the ground. Not everyone will automatically jump in and say "I'll help" without some sort of indicator or push. Wording it correctly will help yes but I see nothing 'desperate' about it. That's all you've done with whatislife WDYS... called him desperate no matter what he tries to do or asks.

Should I share the design I made last year? Maybe you guys would find it intriguing, i made copies but i didn't staple it all over (maybe not yet anyways) however i talked to a club coordinator and i was told i would need a partner to start a club, however im thinking that facebook group is much easier maybe

starting with a FB or social media group is a good way to go since social media seems to be the way to go these days... from that you can set up meetings at places like coffee shops or on campus if you are in school. There is a website called Meetups- that's exactly what it is.. groups online and meetings every week or every month etc... on just about every topic there is.

https://www.meetup.com/

Um CI does not get rid of the downsides of being HOH. Most audilogically HOH people aren't even eligable for CI anyway.

The way I understood it - before I was aware the OP already has the CI - is that there is a pretty good speech understanding now.
So I thought with the CI, there is a very good chance of further -excellent- improvement.

Fuzzy

yeah i have ci im still working on confidence issues and sometimes i feel like i don't have control of the environment when wearing ci. however i feel a lot more confident when im not wearing ci though idk why but i just do. i still have to wear ci regardless though.

Well then, I'd say the choice is obvious?
And why do you feel you have to wear it? I'd say is up to you how do you want to live your life..

Fuzzy

but I'm in very bad situation right now, even it is much worse than your situation.

You should glad that you don't have to deal with mental health centers, especially abuses that discourage consumers from seeking for help, so mental health system is US is real BROKEN, but no idea about Canada.

VERY broken. I don't know if anywhere else could be more horrible than here in Canada. I know because I have family member who
struggle with depression and anxiety and whatever. Canadian mental health system SUCKS BIG WAY.
People flee to US for treatment even if they have to pay thru the nose for this out of their own pocket. that bad.

Fuzzy

people ignore me often so i cant do anything about it it does suck though like im not good enough to be a friend or something

Maybe they don't hear you. HoH tend to speak very low, too low to be noticed. also, people usually like people who are active and interesting. like, "hey, guys, you'd never guess what happened to me yesterday!"
Like, you artistic, start drawing something funny in plain view and see what happens.

Fuzzy

VERY broken. I don't know if anywhere else could be more horrible than here in Canada. I know because I have family member who
struggle with depression and anxiety and whatever. Canadian mental health system SUCKS BIG WAY.
People flee to US for treatment even if they have to pay thru the nose for this out of their own pocket. that bad.

Fuzzy

In US, most states require court order to be admitted to state mental hospital and some states only require anyone who are not guilty by reason of insanity, incompetent to stand the trial and pedophiles.

State mental hospitals are replaced by smaller psych ward in community hospitals since deinstitutionalized in 1970s with very greater reduce of psych beds, except for extreme cases as defined above.

In US, most states require court order to be admitted to state mental hospital and some states only require anyone who are not guilty by reason of insanity, incompetent to stand the trial and pedophiles.

State mental hospitals are replaced by smaller psych ward in community hospitals since deinstitutionalized in 1970s with very greater reduce of psych beds, except for extreme cases as defined above.

:dunno:

I mean you gonna get your neck bolts installed this month?

ach , that.. you must pardon my earlier incursion :bowdown:

oh no.. gotta wait a year after all.. not everything was lined up as needed in time, so.. there is the delay. but I am not unhappy,
on the contrary. more time to be sure this is what I want.

but thanks for asking!

Fuzzy

Back