I Feel Bad For Being Hard Of Hearing

whatislife

Reaction score
Like I wish I was easier to talk to, communicate with but sometimes I get confused and most of all, I wish it was possible to get a girlfriend. Unfortunately it isn't so I'm stuck in this human body.

:(

There has to be something else going on. I've been married close to 40 years, and certainly I have the problems you list, but that hasn't been a barrier to having a family and a happy life.

Maybe think of relocating to someplace with a lot more deaf people.

We're all stuck with human bodies. No one is perfect. We learn to deal with our imperfections and not focus on what we can't do.

There are some people who can hear perfectly but still don't know how to communicate or interact with society. There is more to interpersonal communication than speech.

Keep your head up, and build confidential in yourself with little things. Try to see the bright side of things, the day you find a girl friend and she's nagging, you can just tune out.

If you are young....Go to NTID (RIT) or Gallaudet University!
YES! This! A lot of HOH as kids people were immersed into the mainstream with little/no exposure to Dhh specific stuff. Social issues are BEYOND BEYOND common for dhh people. If I had a buck for every dhh guy who has ever IMd me wanting a girlfriend, I'd be VERY VERY VERY rich! Definitly take the plunge. You'd be surprised and amazed at the difference.....and you'd get to go deeper socially, so you could find a girlfriend!

Honest with you, I'm not happy to be deaf and visually impaired because communication barrier is major issue.

nah i never learned asl im still learning how to speak smoothly and better and im almost 30

i hope to graduate university someday at least cuz for now im working on college diploma

i also feel terrible for not understanding ppl sometimes it makes me feel useless

nah i never learned asl im still learning how to speak smoothly and better and im almost 30

You can learn ASL online if you want to, you don't need any money or to be American for that.

Where are you from? And what is your native language?

Confidential wouldn't be a bad thing for this guy to be.

But seriously everybody's got issues man, you may have been given a cactus but you don't have to sit on it. No sense making life harder than it already is by focusing on thing that make you feel negatively.

I'm not going to tell you snap out of it, but you certainly sound depressed. I think you should think about some therapy, talking to someone about positive changes. Maybe some meds?

well my first language was russian, however i was raised and grew up in canada but that doesn't matter so i know i'm nothing special. i'm actually no stranger to depression so i try to avoid it at all costs and pretend to be happy and fine when i'm not so that's okay. you know what's funny? maybe i should start making dating ads in my school to actually to be able to connect with someone, something like "deaf/hoh student looking for a deaf/hoh girl, text me at #1234568 if interested". Maybe that's a good idea? I dunno, but fuck it you only live once right? It's just really pathetic that i've never had a girlfriend ever though, so...it just feels like i'm a disappointment to myself and everyone. So I'm not stupid.

Confidential wouldn't be a bad thing for this guy to be.

But seriously everybody's got issues man, you may have been given a cactus but you don't have to sit on it. No sense making life harder than it already is by focusing on thing that make you feel negatively.

I'm not going to tell you snap out of it, but you certainly sound depressed. I think you should think about some therapy, talking to someone about positive changes. Maybe some meds?

you're right though i've been way too hard on myself and overthinking a lot. Like, fuckloads of overthinking that I should be granted a "philosopher" title or something.

Back