I disagree in movie theater!

Yup and enjoy to watch DVD movies in 480i or 480p. :ugh:

At movie theater, cinema has much higher resolution than DVD does.

If Spiderman 3 isn't release with OC yet then I would wait to get BD movie, also after own PS3.

yup. you enjoy spend over 40 dollars to watch one movie with popcorn, soda and hot dogs by yourself in theatre. :giggle:

Umm?

So ur saying that hearing people can go to movie theater and enjoy it as much as they favored, and the deaf people can't? THAT is not fair! The movie theater SHOULD set up a closed captioning on special hour for deafies! They don't have to put the closed captioning ALL the times, no.

Deaf people are in the world and they deserve it! I support Deaf Rights PERIOD!

Life isn't fair. Rights and fairness aren't the same thing. I would LOVE for there to be accomidations left and right for the deaf. But something like captioned movies isn't a rights/government issue, and shouldn't become one. Any act of government is ultimately an act of force... you want government to force a theater to spend money for what only a few may use.

You don't have a right to an interpreter when you go to the mall, right? Should that be a law, that you get a paid interpreter EVERYwhere you go? All the time? Just because hearing people don't need them and to be "fair" you'd have to get one?

Captions on movies annoys a lot of people who don't use them, and that's why theaters shy away from using them. I'm all in favor of movies theaters doing all they can to accomidate the deaf, but that doesn't mean you have a RIGHT to it, nor does it mean the law should force people to do it.

Advocate for it. Ask theaters. Set up a foundation that will work with theaters to come up with better accomidations? But calling it a right and lobbying Congress? That's wrong. Not everything is a legal issue to sue over.

There's a better solution... digital projectors. By using a digital projector, you should be able to program it to display subtitles whenever a request is made.

If I can make my own subtitles on my computer, I don't see why they can't if they have a digital projector.

I'm with you. I think it's a great solution. I'm just saying it's not a right to see a movie in a theater, and it's not something that should be forced by law.

I'm all for getting NAD or some other organization to talk to theaters and help them find a way they can manage to do these things, but I dislike the "let's call it a right to see a movie in a theater and pass a law" idea. The purpose of government is to protect real rights, not make sure people can enjoy movies in the method they like best. That's not a right, it's a luxury.

Just so you know, I've been battling with Fox TV and now NBC TV to get their HD programs captioned properly (they're often out of sync with the dialogue to the point they make little sense), by writing them emails, doing testing for them, and so on. So I know how important captions are. But they, because the broadcast over Federally licensed airwaves, have to caption as part of their agreement to use that bandwidth. Theaters have no such government obligations.

That is very interesting. I did not realize that closed captioned was not very cleary for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing people. That is sucks !

That is why, I did rather wait until the movie on DVD with CC. I can watch it on TV at home to relax with my two cats. ;)

Well, when it's put on the screen for all to see, it's open captioned, and some hearing people don't like it. It distracts them, I guess.

Movies not being captioned in theaters is why I have a 60 inch HDTV--so we can enjoy movies at home in a personal theater.

yup. you enjoy spend over 40 dollars to watch one movie with popcorn, soda and hot dogs by yourself in theatre. :giggle:

$40 for one movie? with hot dogs, popcorn and soda? I don't spend so much on that.

I spent $8.50 or so on one movie at night (no maintee), grab small popcorn, Sprite (L) and candy then would be $20 but I'm hardly to buy hot dogs, hamburger or nacho with cheese.

Your funny :lol:

That's cool, but doesn't do anything about many hearing people being distracted by "words on the screen." Sad, but true.
No, the theater usually has 2 of the same title.

The theater has 18 screens. They aren't going to have 18 titles. They are likely going to have 10 titles or something.

Since the OC schedule is usually Tuesday-Thursday and Friday-Monday, they can easily switch between titles for a short times by placing them into that one particular room and then use the captioning.

When people come to watch movies, they have two options for one particular title... OC or non-OC.

For Friday-Monday, the movie is Spiderman 3.

The showtimes are: 11:35am 12:00pm 12:30pm 1:00pm 1:30pm 2:00pm 2:50pm 3:15pm 3:45pm 4:15pm 4:45pm 5:15pm 6:05pm 6:30pm 7:00pm 7:30pm 8:00pm 8:30pm 9:20pm 9:45pm 10:15pm 10:45pm 11:15pm 11:45pm

The OC showtimes are: 2:20pm 5:35pm 8:50pm 12:20am

Right now, the theater is showing 13 titles. Spiderman 3 is playing on 6 screens (1 is OC).

I'm guessing that's what you do all the time. ;)

For me, it costs me less than $10!

I buy special passes from elsewhere for $6.50 per ticket. I then go to Walmart to buy a 20-oz bottle of Coke for $1 and a bag of candy for $1. Altogether, it cost me $8.50 for what I want. That's less than $10. ;)

In my opinion, deaf people who go see a movie theatre should get a big discount on the movie ticket. I think it is unfair to pay 8 dollars if they are watching the movie with no closed caption. :pissed:

All i can say, i agree with PuyoPiyo.

But I wonder, If the hearing people against to the deaf people, Because CC Bother to them like eyes effect, but Hearing have to accpect and reading because almost of the book exaclty. And if the hearing people through it's Deaf have smaller of the Reading, WRONG!

But one time happened to me, so i calling to the theater movie, i want to be added the CC because i'm DEAF, but Memebrs who in work from theater movie accpected what i telling to someone would to added to CC, then so i went to there, then i'm so enjoy and watch, but how time Hearing so Grumbled about sick of the CC, then Instead of the non-CC, i'M CONFUSED! And i'm not ok with like instead. oh please. but Hearing and deaf have to FAIR!

I'm guessing that's what you do all the time. ;)

For me, it costs me less than $10!

I buy special passes from elsewhere for $6.50 per ticket. I then go to Walmart to buy a 20-oz bottle of Coke for $1 and a bag of candy for $1. Altogether, it cost me $8.50 for what I want. That's less than $10. ;)

Some theatre is not allow bring pops or candy where is buy from other store. They will take away and they want you buy their theatre business.

Some theatre is not allow bring pops or candy where is buy from other store. They will take away and they want you buy their theatre business.

Regal is allowed to bring pop soda and candies from other store like Wal-fart.

I don't think that Mann theater would allowed, also most of them are located in California, also I like Mann theater than Regal because of more comfortable and much clean.

yeah you right not fair dvds/vhs because take 4 to 6 months too long. i dont mind wait long time because movies theater cost more money tickets also drink and popcorn too. hearing people have to paid more than us lol. i will setup build home theater soon smile. um. hearing people will buy dvds but already saw in theater that waste money right. i dont rush anyway.:ty:

yeah you right not fair dvds/vhs because take 4 to 6 months too long. i dont mind wait long time because movies theater cost more money tickets also drink and popcorn too. hearing people have to paid more than us lol. i will setup build home theater soon smile. um. hearing people will buy dvds but already saw in theater that waste money right. i dont rush anyway.:ty:

VHS is already died.

MovieBeam system

few months ago we brought MovieBeam system (like cable box). we were happy watch movies anytime without go to blockbuster rental movies. moviebeam come with cc alot but next 2 to 3 months later something happen system didnt show cc at all? we did call them few times. a person told us that system went wrong then they said will fix in 2 to 4 weeks. i wait, wait for since December after 25th. CC didnt reapper on movies list yet. i piss off..:pissed: they let us no charge for 25 rental movies without cc. the movie beam was best ever i watch. paid 1.99, 3.99 rental movies that all. you can watch more than once time movie in 24 hours. go website moviebeam.com or go to bestbuy store but no longer that store shoot.:rifle:

it's not... not yet. low-class store still sell.

No, I means for studio to release latest film that's none of them are on VHS.

I means latest film is Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, Vacancy, Superman Returns and other more.

VHS is already died because of no new movies are released.

I just think hearing people need to grow up. We gave people in wheelchair the best parking space, we allow blind people bring in their guide dogs to building that don't allow pets. We allow many things to happen, yet we can't do the same for deaf people?

If we start now by adding CC to movies, then new generation will become used to it and treat it same way we treat handicapped parking lot. Just no big deal.

Money is just an excuse and not only deaf people benefit from CC, people don't speak English, elderly, and surprising even hearing people benefits from CC.

I never understood why CC is so expensive, yet people spend ridiculous amount of money on make sound so great...

People just need to grow up, and allow deaf people to have the same enjoyment that they have.

People are capable of adapt and change, just that they refuse to do so just because it annoys them. That's sad...

Also it's good idea for them to get governments on their side, because governments can be powerful allies if the company refuse to listen to the wishes of deaf people (or any other groups).

Back