I disagree in movie theater!

There's a better solution... digital projectors. By using a digital projector, you should be able to program it to display subtitles whenever a request is made.

If I can make my own subtitles on my computer, I don't see why they can't if they have a digital projector.

Welcome to Alldeaf and I referred him to Alldeaf when I showed him the post about the movie theather thing. He decided to join after all. He's a cool guy and you guys will like him, he's a great friend! :D I met him a few times in person of course we met in person first then online.

Awww thanks! *HUGS*

That's exactly what I was saying to others -- if I can make my own subtitles with somewhat inexpensive program on my computer, then what's THEIR problem?! Billions or more money would have been saved.... *sigh*

There's a better solution... digital projectors. By using a digital projector, you should be able to program it to display subtitles whenever a request is made.

If I can make my own subtitles on my computer, I don't see why they can't if they have a digital projector.

Well, Banjo and CutieActress,

Hearing people can go to early released movies on the theaters, they are very happy. Deaf people decide to not go because there's no caption so deaf people decide to stay home, sit waiting for the DVD to come out?

NO FAIR.

Yep, that's sad, but it seems now that the OC movies are being released shortly after their inital major release to US. Hopefully, that will put deaf people back into theatres and enjoy their viewings with others. Actually, I would LOVE it if the OC movies can run from a 3 days weekend to a week-long, so I don't have to give up my plans in order to watch the movie. Ya know what I mean?

Hearing people can go to early released movies on the theaters, they are very happy. Deaf people decide to not go because there's no caption so deaf people decide to stay home, sit waiting for the DVD to come out?

NO FAIR.

Yep, that's sad, but it seems now that the OC movies are being released shortly after their inital major release to US. Hopefully, that will put deaf people back into theatres and enjoy their viewings with others. Actually, I would LOVE it if the OC movies can run from a 3 days weekend to a week-long, so I don't have to give up my plans in order to watch the movie. Ya know what I mean?

Yeah I know what you mean, hopefully the OC will do something better for the Deafies.:fingersx:

NO FAIR.

Yea, that's what I do most of the time. Wait for movies to come out on DVD cuz most of the time the open captioned movies times conflict with my schedule. GRRRRR

Nope, not fair!!!

Yea, that's what I do most of the time. Wait for movies to come out on DVD cuz most of the time the open captioned movies times conflict with my schedule. GRRRRR

Nope, not fair!!!

I am with you always.

Me too. I feel bad for deaf and hard-of-hearing, I wish I could want to
go OC theaters somewhere that where is nearly common for deaf and
hard-of-hearing. I don't like to wait and sit until DVD comes out.
Ugh.

Is Rear Window Captioning the best way for deaf people to see movies in a theater? No!
Is it good that deaf people can go to the movies tonight, right now, after a long day of work? Yes!
Should there be better options for deaf people at the movies? Yes!

I think OC is much better than RWC too. I tried RWC once and it was okay but not great. But there are no laws about it...we have to fight with the theaters to get OC. Either talk to the theater directly, or contact the company, many theaters are owned by companies like Loews, AMC, Regal, United Artists, etc.

And by the way, at the same time that you talk to the movie theaters about OC, you might want to talk to them about audio-described movies for blind people. After all, if deaf movie viewers deserve OC, then blind people deserve audio descriptions!

It's not backward. When reflected it's the right way. It works. It's just not as good as open captioned.

The problem is, burning the words into the movies is both more expensive, and many hearing people don't like seeing the words and would rather see the version without, so they don't go to open captioned movies, making it even more expensive because the cost can't be recouped with ticket sales.

It's a reasonable accomidation--it allows most deaf people to see what's being said for a movie. Is it the best? No. But it's a compromise so that at least the option is available.

That is very interesting. I did not realize that closed captioned was not very cleary for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing people. That is sucks !

That is why, I did rather wait until the movie on DVD with CC. I can watch it on TV at home to relax with my two cats. ;)

NO FAIR.

Yup and enjoy to watch DVD movies in 480i or 480p. :ugh:

At movie theater, cinema has much higher resolution than DVD does.

If Spiderman 3 isn't release with OC yet then I would wait to get BD movie, also after own PS3.

Back