How many people here are NOT deaf?

deafdyke....i had enough helping her so you can just put her on ignore. everyone else did the same thing. i had enough of her bad-ass attitude. Im giving up helping her. she lost my interest already. Im planning to put her on ignore list right now. i had enough of her complaining and whining. Also I dont like her statement which it is really anti-gay.

RedWolf, chill. People (and I use the term loosely) like Miss P always wind up getting exactly what they deserve—they live out their entire lives alone, then they die alone and are quickly forgotten.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
no i can't talk to gay people. sorry. i will have trouble with you again. :Ohno:
That's not very nice. Deafdyke was only trying to discuss hearing aid options. You should apologize.

Who are they? Reba was referring specifically to deafdyke. Deafdyke is one person.

*off Topic* Hey RedWolf ur not only same thing AD member has plm w/idiot Miss P that why it's not worth waste her's whine time

*back topic* I m full deaf but i have lots friends who is hearing not bother me

LovelyBlkGal said:
*off Topic* Hey RedWolf ur not only same thing AD member has plm w/idiot Miss P that why it's not worth waste her's whine time

*back topic* I m full deaf but i have lots friends who is hearing not bother me

*off topic* thanks lovelyblkgal. I know i wasnt alone in this. I knew few others had problems with miss "pee" it not worth my problems. I gave her my advice but she chose to ignore it. how sad she not using her brain or her common sense anyway. :|

Thank you for being willing to answer my stupid questions. :)

1. Is there really a difference between a deaf person and a hearing person? If so, in what ways?

2. Who is the best singer? And why?

3. Is there such a thing as having NO accent with one's voice? If so, would you be able to understand that person?

4. What are the most annoying sounds to you?

5. Chocolate or vanilla?

Liza said:
Thank you for being willing to answer my stupid questions. :)

1. Is there really a difference between a deaf person and a hearing person? If so, in what ways?

3. Is there such a thing as having NO accent with one's voice? If so, would you be able to understand that person?

5. Chocolate or vanilla?

Wow those are toughys...

One can talk and hear, the other cant?

I like all kinds of music it's hard to decide. Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera have pretty nice voices.

I don't think so, but people inside the same country might not notice it (such as California people not having an accent to us, but people in another country would say they do)

Babies/toddlers screaming and crying

Chocolate

Oh! I want to answer too!

Liza said:
What kind of difference would their be, other than the obvious?

Liza said:
Bing Crosby because he has a sweet, smooth voice.

Liza said:
It’s impossible.
An accent is “a way of speaking typical of a particular group of people and especially of the natives or residents of a region”. So everyone has an accent because everyone speaks in a way typical to their area (or the area they’re from).

Liza said:
My neighbor’s music playing through the wall.
The dry erase marker screeching on the white board. It screeches every time my teacher writes, but it doesn’t bother her, she’s deaf.

Liza said:
5. Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla with chocolate syrup.

TheAssassin,

It is not related to being hearing but why would you pick a such scary avatar? :Ohno:

Back to the point - There is one nagging question Ive had for years. Why do most hearing people automatically assume that we are dummy when once hear our voices? I mean, they seem to assume I am stupid as soon as they see me open my mouth.

Is there a such emphasis on speech/voice that gives hearing people assumptions on intelligence on other hearies too? Not sure if Im making sense. :dunno:

I can't really answer this, since I've never been in the position of assuming a deaf person was stupid because they speak differently. I grew with several deaf friends and a few of them spoke quite often, so to me, that way of talking had nothing to do with intelligence.

The only thing I can think of, is if some people make a connection between the way a deaf person sounds with the way a mentally...challenged..person speaks. (I'm not sure the correct way to put that) Is it a common occurrence for people to assume that you are stupid?

I am hearing

hi i am hearing and i have deaf friends that is how I now sing Language

I'm glad to answer the thread question? I'm deaf :D That's why I come here to meet new deaf people, that does includes hearing people only if interested on deafness.

Meg said:
TheAssassin,

It is not related to being hearing but why would you pick a such scary avatar? :Ohno:

Back to the point - There is one nagging question Ive had for years. Why do most hearing people automatically assume that we are dummy when once hear our voices? I mean, they seem to assume I am stupid as soon as they see me open my mouth.

Is there a such emphasis on speech/voice that gives hearing people assumptions on intelligence on other hearies too? Not sure if Im making sense. :dunno:
Jason is cool as hell, and I use it on all the forums I go to.

Because most people are ignorant I guess. I went to school with a deaf girl, and she was one of the smartest people in our class.

Back