How Good Is Your Driving?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
How good is your driving?-- have you received speeding tickets, accidents? How many years ago or months ago it happened and Do you drive right on the speed limit or over?

I only had one speeding ticket when I was 21 years old and I have had a several car accidents 2 of them were my fault, One time I hit another person's car whom works for the fire dept. when I was at a stop sign trying to turn left Opps! and another one was just two years ago when someone left a smoker grill in the middle of the highway at 2 am in the morning, I ramp right into it. :(

Nope, I never received ANY speed tickets and I had only one car accident when I was 17 years old....

I always drive up to the speed limit but on the freeway, I usually go a bit over!... :o

I've been in many car accidents. Only two were reported. The first was my fault. The second was the other gal's fault. The rest that were unreported was because it was the other gal's fault. Yes, all of the ones who hit me were gals. :eek:

As for tickets, I've gotten so many that I've lost count. Heh!

As for the speed limit, I don't observe them. I usually go 5 mph over, unless in a school area. Of course, I stay slow in school areas. On the Interstates and highways, I go 70 to 100 mph, depending on where I am at. The drive between SLC and St. George is a long and boring one if kept to the speed limit (75 mph). Going 100 helps to shorten the trip to 5 hours. As for the roads in specific areas such as National Parks and BLM, I go to the speed limit or 5 mph over, because the land is really precious there. I wouldn't want to go off the road damaging layers on the desert. What's more, oftimes these roads are very curvy and steep. I'll never forget the Moki Dugway Road. One of my favourite roads in Utah.

Tickets... The last ticket I received was in 1997 in Pennsylvania. Before that, I received the first ticket in 1994 for speeding 80 mph on 55 mph. I think I have received a total of 3 or 4 moving violation tickets. As for parking tickets, I have received about 2 or 3, last one being in Montreal.

Accidents - I have been in several accidents, however none of them were my fault. The last one was in 2000, when a Mexican, who didn't have a driver's licence, nor insurance nor car registeration, collided with my car when I was crossing the intersection. He was trying to make a left turn. Cost 5400$ to fix! But luckily I had insurance to cover it.

I have been driving for 31 years.

No tickets.

Four accidents. The last one was at a red light. The truck behind me rear-ended me. The driver said she didn't expect me to stop for the light. Duh!

Around here, driving 5 mph over the speed limit is not "speeding". That is driving in the granny lane. The only time anyone obeys the speed limits are school zones and construction zones. I am a granny, so I only go about 7 mph over the limit, and everyone whizzes past me.

ive gotten 4 speeding tickets -- last one was from Pennsylvania *smh*

5 accidents -- all minor -- 2 occurred on the Capitol Beltway during rush hour traffic gawd (one while ON the beltway in traffic and one on the ramp getting OFF the beltway) -- all OTHER ppl's faults :roll:

Reba said:
I have been driving for 31 years.

No tickets.

Four accidents. The last one was at a red light. The truck behind me rear-ended me. The driver said she didn't expect me to stop for the light. Duh!

Around here, driving 5 mph over the speed limit is not "speeding". That is driving in the granny lane. The only time anyone obeys the speed limits are school zones and construction zones. I am a granny, so I only go about 7 mph over the limit, and everyone whizzes past me.
Oh yeah, a "granny" who keeps a five-pound jar of facial cream in her purse.
Armed and dangerous, y'all better watch out!

I never Got A sppedind ticket but i got 3 tickets on traffic volations. One was supposed to stop at a red light first and then make the right turn on red. Second Failure to make a complete stop at the stop sign i slowed up and then go. The other one was a parking ticket didnt feed the meter because of my god damn boss wouldnt let me feed the meter becayuse he said i got work to do and then i went out got a ticket and i yelled at my boss cause i got a ticket because he wouldnt allow me to feed the meter and then he fired me.

I have had gotten one speeding ticket going 73/55 in Sept 2002, two warnings for speeding one in Dec 2003 going 75/55, and the recent one in Jan 2005 going 67/55. I tends to go around 7-9 mph over speed limit and it isn't really considered granny around here. Granny is considered when going the speed limit or 5 mph UNDER! Sheesh. I'm used to speed past many cars at just right speed on the hwy and I've went past cops allowing me pass at 10 mph over limit so not too bad, eh? Of course, I'd gotta be careful hehe

I also got a warning for butting in front of a vehical (turns out it was a cop car oops!) (It was dark and I was tired and wasn't thinking when I should have allowed the car to take it's turn since it doesn't have to stop and I was thinking... ok that car is done turning... my turn and then that car would go... but nooo! My fault)

I also got 3 parking tickets THIS semester! ARGGG One cuz the meter expired, one for parking too close to driveway, and the other for parking at wrong place... arggg! All of this since I started school in Jan 2005! GRRR GRRR GRRR! STUPID school cops and traiffic cops! BAH! ok heh Lets hope I don't get anymore parking tickets, shall we? :)
No accident as of yet (knocks, knocks, knocks on my head) when I was in driver seat. I had few near accidents due to ice and not paying attention. :)

ravensteve1961 said:
I never Got A sppedind ticket but i got 3 tickets on traffic volations. One was supposed to stop at a red light first and then make the right turn on red. Second Failure to make a complete stop at the stop sign i slowed up and then go. The other one was a parking ticket didnt feed the meter because of my god damn boss wouldnt let me feed the meter becayuse he said i got work to do and then i went out got a ticket and i yelled at my boss cause i got a ticket because he wouldnt allow me to feed the meter and then he fired me.
I thought you had more?
ravensteve1961 said:
Look theyre too many no parking signs and theyre frustrating as hell when youre trying to find a parking space. What you sugguest i do? Park at the nearest Mc Donalds and walk 35 minutes towards the stadium? So he gave me a ticket cost $65. When i slashed those tires that covers for new tires. So if the cop should had looked at the situation like its game day he should over look it and enforce it on a business day.
Are you lying to us again?

I cant remember how many times I got speed tickets since 1992 - over speed limit in city and countryside road :o :Oops:

No speed limit in highway - I can drive speed whatever I want. I often drive up to 160 mph

I dont have any experience for ban my license, etc for years but speed tickets.

Park tickets is very rarely. I would say 3 times since 1992.

car accidents:

My back of car was hitted by other car when I was 38 weeks pregnant with my 1st son. I stopped and look left and right before start to drive but other driver hitted my back of car.

My car was slipped out by snow/ice road and go down to field when I was 4 months pregnant with my 2nd son. Shit ice/snow :-o

My back of my car was hitted by other car when I stopped at red traffic "stop". Other car didnt see my car and hit back of my car. :o

And I was innocent twice by car accident through false witnesses. (long story) I am sure that I did told you the story in other threads last year. I lost in court battle. :tears:

2 speeding tickets....

well accidents.. not really but other person's fault and hit my mom's car and etc while i was a passagener...

the only accident i had is i hit a RIT truck from the stupid snow icy road but that truck had no damages while I have that damage in front which was near the parking lot... thats it... but yea been in accidents who was driving which isn't me driving. :P

Liebling said:
No speed limit in highway - I can drive speed whatever I want. I often drive up to 160 mph

:eek2: ...move over sweetie, I'm coming to Germany! :D ...

Before I do go, I will make sure I buy a helmet!

Only one ticket from auto accident in late 80's--my fault. Paid only $20.00 fine. :giggle:

No speed ticket.

I drove reckless. I was going 100 mph in From Maryland to Virginia...
and damn, the cop pulled me over.

The ticket price was $$$$$ high. Ahhhh!!!! :o
And DMW warned me if I drive like that again,
they'll take away my license.

:slap: That ain't fair, everybody on that road were speeding
too. SIGH!!!!!

ravensteve1961 said:
Nope i didnt lie,,Thats not a traffic volation.
Hmm...
ravensteve1961 said:
I never Got A sppedind ticket but i got 3 tickets on traffic volations.
Let's count...
ravensteve1961 said:
One was supposed to stop at a red light first and then make the right turn on red.
That's one...
ravensteve1961 said:
Second Failure to make a complete stop at the stop sign i slowed up and then go.
That's two...
ravensteve1961 said:
The other one was a parking ticket didnt feed the meter because of my god damn boss wouldnt let me feed the meter becayuse he said i got work to do and then i went out got a ticket and i yelled at my boss cause i got a ticket because he wouldnt allow me to feed the meter and then he fired me.
That's three... and you mentioned your third as one of your tickets. It's related to parking. The ticket you got at the game was also parking. You either say "I got two tickets." or "I got four tickets."

At least 10 speeding tickets, cops stopped me at least 50 times, lost the count after 35th one. Few fender benders... nothing major Despite of these ticket, I get DIRTY cheap insurance premium from State Farms... I have been with SF for 16 years, and haven't been late with payment. I did shop other insurance company, Golly 3 to 4 times more than what I have paid for SF!!! But, in the last 5 years I seem to "retire" from speeding. I am now daddy, and have family. So, the perspective really changes.
Oh I just remember, last summer I rode on motorcycle going 105MPH! DAMN! It was for only brief time... I was nervous because I was riding in country road, never know Deer coming out of NOWHERE and I'd fly for good 500 yards.

DHB

ravensteve1961 said:
Thats a Parking Volation not a moving volation GET IT?
Then why include a parking ticket as part of your 3 tickets?

Back