How are you feeling about President Obama?

How are you feeling?

• I'm VERY HAPPY!!!!!! GOBAMA!!!!

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I'm disappointed. I accepted it and let move on! :)

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I'm not happy for President Obama!

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, I am not freaked out. Alright ? I just want to say my pieces what's on my mind. That's all. :) ( Happy now that I put " smile " icon ? )

You said same thing many times. I think it's time you give it a rest. :)

I understand. That's his view. My view is somethin' else.

I wonder... since you're a bookworm.... was your view conjured from Tom Clancy's books? :laugh2: I kid I kid.

:roll: FYI - there was no riot or civil unrest or revolution or civil war today or yesterday or tomorrow. Certainly not gonna happen in 2009 either.

No, there wasn't. If anything, many Americans rejoiced and celebrated Obama's victory because they know he represents change and a renewed hope for America.

I am happy and glad that Obama is elected to be the next President.

Obama knows that he has one of a helluva job to do. He has even stated that things may not be able to get fixed right away, or not being able to complete it in one term but in time, it will happen.

My only concern is - I just hope that Obama will be able to deliver these visions that he has been stating all along during his campaign and to stick to it rather than flip-flopping it like so many other presidents has done before.

On another note, I got an email from my father today and he was not too happy about Obama winning the election. He said "Oh great, We have a n***** for a president". I was just about outraged at him and I sent him a reply basically telling him off for that comment because it was uncalled for.

On another note, I got an email from my father today and he was not too happy about Obama winning the election. He said "Oh great, We have a n***** for a president". I was just about outraged at him and I sent him a reply basically telling him off for that comment because it was uncalled for.

yuck.... :mad2:

Some people obviously don't recognize an amazing, historical, once in a lifetime event when they see one. What a pity. I'm glad you told your father off, Jolie.

Generally, HELL YEAH OBAMA!

OK, enough with the mutual BS. In this election, it did not matter to me who won as both candidates have serious pros and cons. What people don't get is that there will not be an instant fix with serious issues ailing the US. It takes time for legislation to change things around, and that is IF it works. We don't know if Obama's planned policies will work or not, we'll see how it comes together the first 100 days in office. But true, Bush has left him with a hell of a mess to clean up. The funny thing is, African Americans think they will have primary consideration when in fact Obama will be considering policies for the nation as a whole. There will not be a special tax cut for African Americans etc., it will be legislation that will affect us as a whole. LOL :roll:

Barack Obama wasn't my choice being the next President of the United States. Keep this in mind... John McCain wasn't my choice.

There is not much I/we could do about Barack Obama now, but to pray that he does OK as the President. There are several concerns I have how he would run this country.

Yes, I understand how you feel. I had the same feeling as you after learn that Bush won at 2nd Election against Kerry... I accept the fact and move on like what you did here. It´s positive...
Yes, Bush made mistake on economic. I can't blame on him at all. I wasn't happy about his decide vetoed to Stem Cell Research right. He made a more security as CEO. He wanted to protect our America from terrorist. I can't believe why Saddam really hate GHB and GWB. Both were war against terrorists. I watched on news of Bush's speech this morning. He is disappointed and walked away. He didn't say thank or bye.

Yes, me too.

I read your response post to Sunshinelady. I would like to explain you about Military. Yes, President Election Obama support all Military to defend against terrorists. Yes, he plan to withdraw troops from Iraq within 16 months because it´s not necassary there in Iraq.

I am more know about Military because of my husband, my dad, uncles, cousins and family. The liberal people do not understand about Iraq War. I do understand more than follow anti-war people's opinions. It part of religions. I would like talk to you on PM because I can't bring up a religion here. I read Obama's view. He said will keep US troops to protect from US embassy and help with children necessary. But He wanted get US troops withdraw with combats and dangerous stuff. That's good thing for US troops training to Iraqi to be a police and troops to protect from Al Qaeda terrorist. Our American really need troops because of weather advisory to rescue many peoples from floods and hurricane and security.

He is disappointed and walked away. He didn't say thank or bye.

probably scared shitless about Obama Administration especially its US Attorney General coming down hard on him and his people. :dunno:

Jolie! I know EXACTLY how you feel. This is my father too. I don't even respect him, so I don't even bother with him. Im sure he's steaming right now. I haven't talked to him lately. I was so disappointed when my mom, who I look up to, mentioned "I think the Arabs are financing him". I was just SHOCKED and told her off. Very saddening really. Racism is amazingly prevalent.

I am happy and glad that Obama is elected to be the next President.

Obama knows that he has one of a helluva job to do. He has even stated that things may not be able to get fixed right away, or not being able to complete it in one term but in time, it will happen.

My only concern is - I just hope that Obama will be able to deliver these visions that he has been stating all along during his campaign and to stick to it rather than flip-flopping it like so many other presidents has done before.

That just saddens me that there are people who still think like that. It means my son will face things like that when he grows up.

Super thrilled! Ready for a change and it is ABOUT time! Let's hope he walks the talk.

That just saddens me that there are people who still think like that. It means my son will face things like that when he grows up.

Maybe Obama's election is another move forward and people will change and your son will not have to face things lie that. I hope so anyway.

Do you know what is "CHANGE WE NEED" and "CHANGE WE BELIEVE" mean? Please explain here.

Maybe Obama's election is another move forward and people will change and your son will not have to face things lie that. I hope so anyway.

Aww thanks!

I felt good last night for my son cuz Obama is half black and half white which my son is. Just would be good for him to know that someone like him can be elected to such a powerful position. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back