Homeschooling

Beowulf said:
Nevertheless, studies show beyond any doubt that homeschooled children score MUCH HIGHER on tests than thoise attending public schools.
http://www.hslda.org/docs/nche/000010/200410250.asp

Of course our USA goverment DETESTS homeschooling because it robs them of the chance to cram propaganda into the children's heads.
Yep. I read all of results from different kind of researches & studies... at least 90% of homeschoolers score much higher on tests included interacting/social skills than these students who attend at public schools. I am not surprised when I read these results.

Mothering magazine have ton of information about these results.

AD'ers, all of you have interesting opinions :thumb:

Beowulf said:
Of course our USA goverment DETESTS homeschooling because it robs them of the chance to cram propaganda into the children's heads.
Also, government schools and teachers' unions oppose homeschooling because they are afraid of losing money and power.

I know many home school families, and their children are just like any other kids. Some are high achievers, some are average. They have plenty of opportunities to socialize with other kids. Our Christian school supports a homeschoolers' association and lets the homeschoolers join the school orchestra and sports program. Our school administration provides national and state standarized testing services for the homeschoolers. The association arranges group field trips.

Homeschooling isn't for everyone but I strongly support it for families who want to do it and are willing to make the effort.

Reba said:
I know many home school families, and their children are just like any other kids. Some are high achievers, some are average. They have plenty of opportunities to socialize with other kids. Our Christian school supports a homeschoolers' association and lets the homeschoolers join the school orchestra and sports program. Our school administration provides national and state standarized testing services for the homeschoolers. The association arranges group field trips.

Homeschooling isn't for everyone but I strongly support it for families who want to do it and are willing to make the effort.
I heard that Homeschool associations & organizations are working with certain Dept of Educations to allowing homeschoolers to participate in these sports and activities.

Last edited:
Liebling:-))) said:
I feel that "Homeschooling" is a misleading phrase. It means that the homeschooler stays home and is taught by their parents who are not qualified to teach high level subjects.
Who says that the parents are not qualified? I know many parents who home school, and they are much better educated and informed than many government teachers. Also, who cares more about your child, you the parent, or a teacher? Who will give the child more personal attention?

Parents are not trained teachers or dont have any skill thru high school. Any parent has strengths and weaknesses, and unlike public or private education, where a teacher can expert in one subject, a parent-teacher must teach all subjects.
Many parents have college degrees. Many American graduates of "teacher colleges" do not have special skills or expertise in a particular academic area. Elementary teachers are usually "generalists". Have you seen the curriculum requirements for most public "teaching" colleges in the U.S.?

I have interpreted in all grade levels of government schools. I am "the fly on the wall" who can observe what really happens in a classroom. It is shocking how "un" educated many of the government school teachers are.

http://www.home-school.com/news/germany.html
Seven homeschool families in Northwest Germany are being forced to enroll their children in public school. The Paderborn County school board has levied fines against these families and ordered the children to attend school by Monday, January 10, or the police will forcibly take them to school. Any resistance by the parents will result in the removal of these thirteen elementary age children from their homes and into state custody.

Despite the lack of state recognition in Germany for homeschooling, these families pulled their children out of public school earlier this year to begin teaching them at home. Their primary reason, as Christians, was to protect their children from the humanistic and godless values being taught to their children in the public school.

While the school district responded by stating that homeschooling is illegal, the parents' maintained that their fundamental rights as parents would be violated if they were forced to return the children to public school. All of the families obtained excellent packaged curriculums from German correspondence schools, and demonstrated to school officials that their children were receiving a proper education.
That is really frightening how the government takes control of the children. I can understand exactly why the parents would not want their children in those government schools. They have no respect for parents' beliefs or rights.

Reba said:
That is really frightening how the government takes control of the children. I can understand exactly why the parents would not want their children in those government schools. They have no respect for parents' beliefs or rights.
Well, I can say the same thing about christianity issue. It is quite frightening for my future child(ren) who will have to deal with these teachers who would teach the christianity in schools if current admin finally 'forced' the christianity belief into education. That's major reason why I changed my mind about government schools once they start to talk about that. There is only solution for me -- block them from imposing their beliefs on my future child(ren) by homeschooling. The last thing I need them to do is brainwashing my future kid(s). Second reason -- foods. Government provided the lowest food quality at schools... It will be very hard for my kid(s) to deal with the peer if they bring their own 'radical' foods (I read these different experiences by progressive mothers or/ fathers in few 'parents' magazines). I can list my other reasons but I think two reasons are good enough for AD'ers to understand my concerns about government schools.

Last edited:
Beowulf said:
Nevertheless, studies show beyond any doubt that homeschooled children score MUCH HIGHER on tests than thoise attending public schools.
http://www.hslda.org/docs/nche/000010/200410250.asp

Maybe but but but..... isolation??????????? No life for homeschoolers who are taught by their own parents. I do not support those idea.

I use communicate with my children about life, world etc. It educate my children enough with that key of communicate, not hide them from the crazy world.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=283446&postcount=18

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=283477&postcount=20

Amen to you both, Vampy and Gnarlydorkette

That´s what I thought. I dont beleive to have my children to teach to consider me. I beleive is let my children to share with other children and learn bad or good ways. They also learn how to respect when they face different life in the world.

I dont beleive to get them to beleive only me and get educate from only me but let them to learn anything from the world. I would not hide my children from the world because they has to learn to face this.

I dont want my children to hang on only me all the time because it would become isolation or depression for the children but let them GO and SHARE their experience with anyone.

Magatsu said:
Well, I can say the same thing about christianity issue. It is quite frightening for my future child(ren) who will have to deal with these teachers who would teach the christianity in schools if current admin finally 'forced' the christianity belief into education. That's major reason why I changed my mind about government schools once they start to talk about that. There is only solution for me -- block them from imposing their beliefs on my future child(ren) by homeschooling. The last thing I need them to do is brainwashing my future kid(s). Second reason -- foods. Government provided the lowest food quality at schools... It will be very hard for my kid(s) to deal with the peer if they bring their own 'radical' foods (I read these different experiences by progressive mothers or/ fathers in few 'parents' magazines). I can list my other reasons but I think two reasons are good enough for AD'ers to understand my concerns about government schools.

True, Magastu.

I understand your concerns about government schools but the children has to face cons and pros in the world. It´s parents job to give their children in right path.

I really dont know much about US school but it´s important to control either the public, private or boarding school is good for children before put them to right school.

The parents need to open their mind to let their children to have their open mind, too to learn anything instead of consider only parents.

I beleive to let my children GO and COLLECT their experiences. They will receive my education why I think its´no right or wrong. It´s parents´upbringing job to teach/show them to right path, but teacher is not parents´s job task.

This is my opinion.

I respect you, Magastu if you want teach your children yourself with your future wife when you think it´s right.

Reba said:

Well, I appause government to control of the children because Germans are stricter about children protection law. For them, it´s abuse if you pull your children out of public school to teach your children yourself and want them to consider you all the time, not everyone else. It would end children isolation world because they didnt know what pros and cons in the world alike.

It really scary condition when the parents pull their children out of public school and hide them from "crazy world" and share different beleifs and teach them to consider their parent only.

Well, my sons´s teacher did ask me and my hubby for the permission if it´s okay for my children to learn about reglious. We told them that we are for it because I beleive that the children should learn what we have kind of reglious in the world etc. My 1st son already told me how interesting about India´s belief etc, Jewish, belief, Christian beleif, JW, belief, etc etc etc..... It´s good for them to learn and decide themselves either they want to beleive or not. My son already asked me for my opinion. I told him that I believe only God and Bible and ask me why. I give him my honest answer what I have opinion. I already told him that I dont want to influence him with my opinion but it´s HIS OWN choice either he can beleive or not.

Some of parents have different beliefs and not agree to let their children learn reglious from school but they need to write a letter to school telling them to not teach their children. School respect reglious parents and send their children home earlier when the reglious lesson begin. No problem. My son told me that it´s only 2 in his classroom send home when the reglious lesson begin.

Reba said:
Who says that the parents are not qualified? I know many parents who home school, and they are much better educated and informed than many government teachers. Also, who cares more about your child, you the parent, or a teacher? Who will give the child more personal attention?

Liebling:))) I beleive that it´s teacher job to teach children, not their parents because they are an expert and have teacher skill.

Liebling:))) It´s my opinion.

Many parents have college degrees. Many American graduates of "teacher colleges" do not have special skills or expertise in a particular academic area. Elementary teachers are usually "generalists". Have you seen the curriculum requirements for most public "teaching" colleges in the U.S.?

Liebling:))) really, German law - They demand teacher skill and certifciated/Education to proof where they went to college to train to being future teacher.

Liebling:))) I remember that some of my friends went to Gallendaut college for 3 years to get diplma to become teacher for the deaf children. They went back to Germany with teacher skill certication but for German law´s eyes, the certicated, they brought is not enough teacher skill.

I know you would ask me why my friends went to America to get teacher skill certication. My answer because deaf teachers is not accept to German law. Now the German law was changed at few years ago and accept deaf teacher . They do is go college again to get teacher skill certicate.

I have interpreted in all grade levels of government schools. I am "the fly on the wall" who can observe what really happens in a classroom. It is shocking how "un" educated many of the government school teachers are.

Liebling:))) I´m surprised about this because the teachers must have to get teacher certicate to get job to teach at school. I really dont understand about this.

I dont support those idea of homeschooling children because I want my children open their mind to learn the world instead of hide from world.

Magatsu said:
Yep. I read all of results from different kind of researches & studies... at least 90% of homeschoolers score much higher on tests included interacting/social skills than these students who attend at public schools. I am not surprised when I read these results.

Mothering magazine have ton of information about these results.

AD'ers, all of you have interesting opinions :thumb:
That's true. However, which would you prefer... a guy who can do simple math and work well with others or a guy who can discuss Einstein's Theory of Relativity and not know how to say "hi" to anyone?

After finished my response to your posts then go back to fix the breakfast for the family this morning. We all communicated during breakfast. My family are total surprised when I told them about homeschooling etc. They was like :ugh: and said "The parents pulled their children out of public school and want to teach their children themselves?". I asked my sons what they react wif I pull them out of public school and play as teacher to teach them mmyself which I know that I dont have teacher skill/certication. My boys said to me: NO WAY, because I´m their mother, not teacher. They said: NO WAY, it´s teacher´s job task to teach them, not us.

My German hubby is disagree to this totally and said it´s abuse to hide the children from the "crazy" world and said that the people dont have to make any babies if they think world is bad or crazy or whatever. He said that the people dont have to complaint over crazy world but accept what the world is and show the children what good or bad.

It´s parents job to educate/show the children in right path.
It´s parent´s job to look for right school where their children should attend.

The reason, we bought land to build our house in countryside instead of live in city because of children upbringing/education/safety. We want to make sure that the place where we choose is good enivorment and good school.

Magatsu said:
Well, I can say the same thing about christianity issue. It is quite frightening for my future child(ren) who will have to deal with these teachers who would teach the christianity in schools if current admin finally 'forced' the christianity belief into education.
I really don't expect that to happen. The teachers' unions are too strong in America.

... There is only solution for me -- block them from imposing their beliefs on my future child(ren) by homeschooling.
I support your right to do that. If you think there is too much "Christianity" in schools, you have the same right as a Christian family who believes there is too much "humanism" in schools, to decide the education for your children. I believe it is also right for parents to decide to home school their children for even non-religious reasons. Some parents don't like the violence and disrespect in government schools. Some parents don't like the lousy "education" their kids get in government schools. Some children need special attention for their educations, and the government schools can't provide that attention. There are many reasons.

I know some families (not just Christian) home school because they travel frequently. They can pack up the school books, the laptop computer, and the kids into their RV, or on their sail boat, and go. It is a wonderful combination of education and real life travel experience.

Like I said before, home schooling doesn't fit for everyone. But it should be an available option for families who want to do it. I do NOT believe the government should decide a child's school.

Second reason -- foods. Government provided the lowest food quality at schools...
Yes, another good reason. Just about every government school now is full of vending machines with junk food and sodas. Ugh!

Maybe but but but..... isolation??????????? No life for homeschoolers who are taught by their own parents.
Except for families that live in very rural areas, or on islands, how are the children "isolated?" They can play with their neighborhood friends after school, they can see their friends on weekends and all summer. They join Little League teams, Boy and Girl Scouts, church groups, theater groups, etc. "Home school" doesn't mean the kids are locked in their houses.

I never attended home school. I attended government schools. That didn't mean I wasn't "isolated". There were plenty of kids around me at school. But I was quiet and shy, so I had very few friends. I would have preferred home school. I loved to stay home all day and read by myself. I wish I could have had home school. Even now, I don't like crowds of people. I prefer one-on-one conversations more than parties.

Then, on the opposite side, I know kids who are home schooled and they have many, many friends and social activities. They are very popular.

My point is, each child's personality is different. Some kids will be shy, and some will be popular, depending on personality, not depending on how many people they are exposed to.

.. I beleive is let my children to share with other children and learn bad or good ways.
I don't understand why parents want their children to learn "bad" ways. What is that benefit?

I would not hide my children from the world because they has to learn to face this.
People who home school are not "hiding" their children from the world. They are building strong children, and equipping them to face the world to their best advantage.

I dont want my children to hang on only me all the time because it would become isolation or depression for the children but let them GO and SHARE their experience with anyone.
That is your choice. You know what is best for your family. No one wants to force you to home school. For that same reason, home school parents don't want anyone forcing them to put their children in government schools.

I wish I had HomeSchooling... then I won't have to deal with mean
people and children at school.
I was pick on and stuff, even spit on because of my TCS.

I don't want to out there in the world... too many mean people out there.
I feel safe at home. :angel:

Not if you had me as a teacher, Miss P, mwuh hahaha.
Dang, Reba, what gives??? You took the words right out of my mouth!
You are stealing my words, denying me my voice!
You will be hearing from my attorneys shortly.
:bump:

Last edited:
Back