Heelys

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
What do you think about Heelys?

What are Heelys? They are shoe that roll. Yep, you've probably seen them at least once at a local store or mall... especially by kids.

I have no problem with them, but it does annoy me when parents allow their kids to wear them in public places like the mall or stores like Wal-Mart/Target.

A few weeks ago, I was at Wal-Mart doing a little shopping. There was one kid wearing a pair of those shoes. He was also pushing a cart for his parents. He started pushing the cart, then started rolling his shoes with the moving cart. Because of this, he lost control of the cart and ended up hitting a display full of cans. What did the parents do? They did nothing. They simply helped pick him up and let him push the cart some more. They did pick up "a few" cans then left the rest laying around. When the father looked around and saw me looking at him, he said... "Sorry, my son couldn't help it. He's wearing Heelys."

Another time, I was at the mall. A little girl was wearing those shoes. She started rolling around and then rolled into me. She fell down. Her mother immediately yelled at me for causing her to fall down.

In both situations, the parents are to blame. They should have supervised their kids if they are going to allow their kids to wear those shoes. They shouldn't really allow those shoes to be worn in public like that anyways.

What do you think?

Never ran into 'em, sounds like wrong place-wrong time for you.

I have seen them I don't think kids should wear them in stores and other places.I would not put up with a kid running into me and the mother yelling.I would have gave it right back at her.

They are extremely dangerous - and have been the source of many injuries of children. They should be banned, in my opinion!

What do you think about Heelys?

What are Heelys? They are shoe that roll. Yep, you've probably seen them at least once at a local store or mall... especially by kids.

I have no problem with them, but it does annoy me when parents allow their kids to wear them in public places like the mall or stores like Wal-Mart/Target.

A few weeks ago, I was at Wal-Mart doing a little shopping. There was one kid wearing a pair of those shoes. He was also pushing a cart for his parents. He started pushing the cart, then started rolling his shoes with the moving cart. Because of this, he lost control of the cart and ended up hitting a display full of cans. What did the parents do? They did nothing. They simply helped pick him up and let him push the cart some more. They did pick up "a few" cans then left the rest laying around. When the father looked around and saw me looking at him, he said... "Sorry, my son couldn't help it. He's wearing Heelys."

Another time, I was at the mall. A little girl was wearing those shoes. She started rolling around and then rolled into me. She fell down. Her mother immediately yelled at me for causing her to fall down.

In both situations, the parents are to blame. They should have supervised their kids if they are going to allow their kids to wear those shoes. They shouldn't really allow those shoes to be worn in public like that anyways.

What do you think?

I think the parents are irresponsible for buying their kids those damn Heelys. Skating should be done outdoors only, anyway. Not in restaurants or stores or places like that. I would not buy my kids Heelys or such shoes like those! If my kids want to skate, they can wear rollerskates or rollerblades and go skating outdoors!

My son have similar to Heelys but he have spinners that he got for Christmas. I don't mind him wearing it but he can do it only outside. :) He did that in our kitchen to practice! :lol: I told him it is not a good idea cuz he could get hurt..he stopped doing that.

Maybe parents are not to be blamed but blame the commerce for coming up with the shoes that rooollls... and the advertisement that puts pressure on parents to buy when kids beg for them

Must be in my second childhood. Every time I see kids wearing them in the mall I think what fun it looks like.

Of course my children are grown and gone, so I don't have to worry about them running into anyone or being a nuisance anymore.

And I am usually still nimble enough to step out of the way.

My daughter had those but she was only permitted to roll on them in appropriate places. She knows she will have them taken away if she uses them in public and crowded places.

She has lost interest in them and doesnt use them anymore like before.

I think if parents want to purchase Heelys for kids, they need to bear some responsibility for their safety.

My daughter had those but she was only permitted to roll on them in appropriate places. She knows she will have them taken away if she uses them in public and crowded places.

She has lost interest in them and doesnt use them anymore like before.

I think if parents want to purchase Heelys for kids, they need to bear some responsibility for their safety.

:gpost:

:shock: I never see like that before here in Germany.

When heely was start in America? Hopefully it won´t go to Europe...

I wouldn't let my daughter to having heelys since it seems like it's making them to be lazy? I see many kids having that heelys in ANYWHERE. It drives me crazy already.

My son had one but it didnt last very long. He tried to practice in the house since my old house have a long hallway. He kept falling down. Then in a few month he stop using it but just using it as a sneaker which he grew out of it.

Oh well. I hate to see something like that in the mall or store. My son know not to do that. We went to the mall I told him no. So he didnt do it. Thanks goodness.

I wouldn't let my daughter to having heelys since it seems like it's making them to be lazy? I see many kids having that heelys in ANYWHERE. It drives me crazy already.

I think by the time your daughter is in elementary school, they wont be as popular as they are now. Actually, I am starting to see less kids using them now. Skateboards are coming back in style.

I agree, it makes them lazy and kids do not need more gadgets or fads to make them more lazy than they already are.

My son have similar to Heelys but he have spinners that he got for Christmas. I don't mind him wearing it but he can do it only outside. :) He did that in our kitchen to practice! :lol: I told him it is not a good idea cuz he could get hurt..he stopped doing that.
Wow... what a wonderful mom you are! ;)

Maybe parents are not to be blamed but blame the commerce for coming up with the shoes that rooollls... and the advertisement that puts pressure on parents to buy when kids beg for them
If parents can teach their kids to say "no" to drugs, then they should be able to know how to say "no" to their own kids when they want Heelys... or at least know how to tell their kids where they are allowed to wear them.

I work at wal-mart and kids are NOT supposed to use them in the store... they do. I have seen kids get hit by carts because they come out of the aisle SO FAST... it is dangerous and the parents need to be more responsible for their kids

I googled up Heelys. I have seen those heelys shoes in Canada few years ago. It looks cool but I wouldn't buy them.

Parents should supervises their kids if they are wearing heelys shoes.

If parents can teach their kids to say "no" to drugs, then they should be able to know how to say "no" to their own kids when they want Heelys... or at least know how to tell their kids where they are allowed to wear them.

Just Say No was one of the most useless campaigns that was ever come up with to prevent substance abuse.

Back