Have you ever wear a brace on your teeth?

Have you ever wear a brace on your teeth?

• Never get a brace

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Got a brace before

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Will get a brace

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Still wearing a brace

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Pinky

Reaction score
11 half age- retainer to make a straight teeth

13 age- got a real brace

before 15 age- got a retainer.

I stopped wear them because of wisdom teeth pushed into my teeth. It was not comfortable to wear them when I had a wisdom teeth.

I removed my wisdom teeth when I was 20.

I am happy with my straight teeth thou.

I never had braces and my teeth are pretty crooked. I wish I had had braces.

MOD. I tried to add polls but not working.

* Never get a brace
* Got a brace before
* Will get a brace
* Still wearing a brace.

Please add the polls for me. Thank you!

When I was 9 yrs old, dentist told my mom that I will have to use brace for my teeth when I become 12 years old since I got bad teeth tho... Then when I went to seeing my dentist when I became 12 yrs old on my birthday, he got confused that my teeth already got straight out and I don't need the brace for my teeth at all. I'm glad that I dont need the brace for my teeth because I have beautiful smile! :D

Ages 16 - 18 years (two years) I wore full braces, upper and lower. For one year after that, I wore a removable retainer.

Never had brace and my teeth are healthy and well-around straight.

gum surgery prior to braces, braces 2.5 years - retainer every night for 4 years. If I don't wear my retainer for one night, my teeth still move.

It seemed slightly pointless and far too perfectionist. All my teeth grew in fine, they just didn't match perfectly from my upper and lower jaw. It seemed silly to move all my teeth one way and then realize my jaw bite was going to be uncomfortable if they made everything match exactly in the center.

had braces for 2 and half years when in high school. Now, my daughter is wearing an expander and will get braces in 4 months and u can guess who has to pay for all of it? Me!!!! GRRRRR!

I wore braces (upper and lower) for two years and then wore a headgear/retainer for an additional year. (For those who don't know what a headgear is, it was a metallic wire that wrapped around the outside of my face along my cheekbones.) I hated the headgear with a passion because of how painful it was. (I had to sleep with it on every night for about a year.) Needless to say, I was happy when I could finally rid myself of braces and the headgear. LOL!

Shel,

I had to wear a jaw expander before I received braces and I remember how painful it was every time my mother had to tighten the expander. Ouch! :( I also remember how difficult it was to eat because of how the expander rested against the roof of my mouth. Boy am I glad those days are over! LOL!

I wore braces for 2 years and 2 months. top and bottom. I hate braces. It tear up my mouth!

At 15 years old, I wore braces on my upper teeth for 9 months to close up the gaps in between my teeth. :D

Shel,

I had to wear a jaw expander before I received braces and I remember how painful it was every time my mother had to tighten the expander. Ouch! :( I also remember how difficult it was to eat because of how the expander rested against the roof of my mouth. Boy am I glad those days are over! LOL!

Yeah, I know you mean. I used to have a headjaw for my jaw. I had a mid-face from jaw. I really hate headjaw. I wore it for sleep only. It take me 1 half years and stop wear them because I took a brace. I'd many color of micro rubber brand for wire. I picked a pink, blue, clear, red, black, purple, green. It's fun to pick a color. I am happy it's all over with brace. I am happy about my teeth straight with smile.

I had braces for 3 years, got it removed BEFORE Christmas! :mrgreen: These days are over, thank god. But funny, my brother's already next! He's in his first year now :lol:

had braces for 2 and half years when in high school. Now, my daughter is wearing an expander and will get braces in 4 months and u can guess who has to pay for all of it? Me!!!! GRRRRR!

OMG! ewwwwww I hated rapid palate expander....crankiin it 1/4 turn with key every night....but that only last few months, but had pleasure (not) of braces for a couple more years when I was 21. I got wisdom teeth pulled during braces and kept getting gauze packing stuck and I was trying to workthat night with bloody gauze dangling from mouth when I talked. (pictures that image again) :giggle: funny now, but that was most embarrasing night. I so mean cuz my x wife had to get palate expander and she got key stuck in it and we couldn't get it out, so had to call orthodontist on Sunday for emergency locksmith.:laugh2:

Back