Have anyone gave their kid a unusual name?

I know a couple who plans to name their child, Nayeb. :-X

I wouldn't know what to name my kids, but I'd pick exotic beautiful names because they are unique and rare, just like my name. It's better than those common names which EVERYONE has.

of my 3 kids the only one with a little bit of a differant name would be the oldest { Tasia } I have only seen 2 other kids with that name here where I live

bbnt said:
of my 3 kids the only one with a little bit of a differant name would be the oldest { Tasia } I have only seen 2 other kids with that name here where I live
How old is Tasia?

There is a girl that I work with who named her son One because she wanted him to be number one at anything he did. Uh, couldn't she have saved that for the middle name? Weird.

Weird.... I'd have to say that now isn't the time for me to be thinking of names but I can't help wondering what it'll be.... hehe... I'll keep in mind how the poor kid's gonna feel with a name they might get teased about!

Ziusudra said:
Weird.... I'd have to say that now isn't the time for me to be thinking of names but I can't help wondering what it'll be.... hehe... I'll keep in mind how the poor kid's gonna feel with a name they might get teased about!

Which one were you referring to? There were a few new ones before you posted...

BTW, do you know which actor I was talking about, Ziggy? He's Australian, heheh! Peter Phelps and his defacto, Donna Fowkes had a baby girl a few months back -- they named their daughter, Aja Blue. I think it's a lovely name, but a bit unusual, that's it. ;)

For those in USA -- I don't know how many have seen BayWatch before - yes, the one with those busty women in skimpy red bathing suits on an L.A. beach! ;) Peter Phelps was on BayWatch for a year from 1989 to '90.

Here's the unofficial site for
Peter Phelps

I'd name my son "Asshole".

P.S. just kidding, haha....

I don't have kids (yet)... but my ex and I did plan on giving our first girl an unique name.. sorry I won't say :) created it from our names.

I prefer unique names over 'normal' names -- as long it doesn't create teasing!

Oddball said:
I will name the child "BBNT" after BBNT. LOL jk

hmmm, I wouldn't even know how to pronounce that

bbnt said:
hmmm, I wouldn't even know how to pronounce that

i think that's pretty easy to pronounce : just stutter BBBBBB in T

EWWWWW...I remember the VC Andrews books....why was she so obsessed with INCEST?

I named my two sons that isnt common in both Johnny's and my family.. Austin Patrick and Kieran Joseph :) Kieran's not that common.. Austin is but not in both of our families :) I dont know about third child lol If i am ready or want another one yet..

I have 3 cousins named Major, Blake, and Teal (three are uncommon names, but Blake's name reminded me of that Blake Carrington (TV Character)). There is a coworker named Shaquita.

Cher and Sonny Bono named their daughter, Chasity. LOL Cher has a son named Elijah Blue. Also.....actors Bruce Willis and Demi Moore named their young daughters Rumor, Scout, and Talihah (sp??).

Nancy

Demi and Bruce, got the name Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird (one of my all time favorite books!)

Back