Has you or your Child Been Hospitalized?

As child, I been throw into ER for
Forehead (hit by golf ball) 3yr old
Finger (it been slam by van door) 6Yr old
Head (volleyball pole hit my back of head) 8yr old

26yr old, my frist time goto ER for my right ankle fracture (slide into 2nd base)....

One of kittens in past, I ran into ER Vet (fleas bite) That is one, I was scare to death because I throught she is dying!

Oh, I forget to add is 11yr old (ER and Hospitalized) for surgery on m stomach.... I know you not want to know. *whistle*

I had 3 surgeries so far...

1997 - my right leg was very stiff and it was unable to stretch due to Cerebral Palsy
2003 - my eyes were far apart due to Cerebral Palsy and the doc made them look straight
2004 - The doc performed 2nd surgery on my eyes to ensure that they don't go far apart again. I had double vision for a while.

At age 9, I had stitches on my knee after I walked backward on the dock by the water and fell off but held the edge before I went into the water.

I sprained my ankle ton of times during my teen years.

Got drunk at Gally when I was 20, got my forehead cut and sew 4 stitches.

Got gallbladder surgery Nov 2002.

I died at 2 years old....choked on something...was saved by CPR from the lady next door.

Stayed in the ER a few nights after...or so i'm told

I don't remimber a thing.

Ridilin

i got unwell at 11 years old they my mom took me to hospital in Pittsburg,Ks to check-up they im stay home for months and my mom took me to KU hospital in KC,KS im not sure what is! how im feels!

they my mom went to see doctors for surgery for me! but i dont like see the surgery they im accpetance to have surgery in Olathe,Ks but my mom told to dr in KU in KC,KS and they're talking about plans i have surgery i had 1/3 lung lobe in 1993 when i was 12 years old and i got pains lots after surgery i had scars in my backs and after surgery and i known from KSD come visit me lots!

before i got in surgery my parents come see me include my dad meet front of Olathe Medical Center wait for me and my mom they enter patient-out and get ready for me to get surgery.After i got surgery my dad and my brother come visit me and my dad show me of my lungs and i got slept more for hours! after surgery! they later my grandmother taking me home why because my mom have work and my grandmother taking care of me.

Sara Boyce

I was born as premature and stayed in hospital for nearly a week and had to miss first christmas to stay at hospital.. Then at the age of 2 I fell very sick with ear infection and rushed in the ER with temper high fever which I believe it was 104. Then until at the age of about 8 or 9 at the time my family moved to Tennessee from Georgia, one afternoon during summer, I was playing with cat named "Yellow" all of suddenly he attacked by giving me bad cut which I recieved stitches. Then at the age of 13 or 14, I fell at school and broke one of my leg. Then until at the age of 16, my first boyfriend and I went out to party the night before New York, on the way to my home there was accident which nearly kill me but bad new that killed my ex bf by dui we rushed to ER and I had stitches and broke arm. Which I had stitches on my forehead.. Boy seems that I been to ER several times. Anyway, now my son been to ER 3rd times. His first was to ER by fell off the couch and hit the coffeetable and got bruise and nurses thought I abused but they were wrong. Geez idiot nurses anyway his second to ER by cutting on his right arm by hitting pile with nails and got 7 stitches and then last one to ER which was very very seriously that currently I am staying home as retired to focus on my son's physical issuses which nearly damaged his legs by fall. He is currently working with his new physical therapist.

When my daughter was 2 1/2 months old she caught a virus at daycare. In less than 24 hours, she became severely dehydrated from the diarhhea. She went into convulsions, so she had to be taken to ER. At first, they didn't know the cause of the convulsions, so they did a spinal tap, and put her on IV for fluids and anti-convulsion medicine (phenobarbytol). She was in Pediatric ICU for two weeks. She looked so pitiful. She had to lie naked, spread-eagle on her back, on an absorbant pad, in an isolette (like an incubator box). Half of her head was shaved and had the IV in her skull. She had a catheter so they could measure every ounce of urine that left her body. She was too weak to cry, and she was too dehydrated to make tears. They wouldn't allow me to hold her for the first week. I could only reach thru the two holes in the isolette to touch her. I would just sit in a chair next to her isolette with my arms in the holes. In those days, parents weren't allowed to stay overnight with their children at the hospital. I was in the Navy then, and I had to go to work each day, but they allowed me some time off to go to the hospital every day. It broke my heart.

They did many medical tests, such as for epilepsy, cystic fibrosis and other conditions. Finally, the doctors decided that it was the virus from daycare that caused the convulsions.

It was an awful time. I was so afraid that she would die. I don't like to remember that. Today, I am finally able to discuss it although I am crying now. But that was over 30 years ago, and now she is fine.

PurrMeow said:
I was born as premature and stayed in hospital for nearly a week and had to miss first christmas to stay at hospital.. Then at the age of 2 I fell very sick with ear infection and rushed in the ER with temper high fever which I believe it was 104. Then until at the age of about 8 or 9 at the time my family moved to Tennessee from Georgia, one afternoon during summer, I was playing with cat named "Yellow" all of suddenly he attacked by giving me bad cut which I recieved stitches. Then at the age of 13 or 14, I fell at school and broke one of my leg. Then until at the age of 16, my first boyfriend and I went out to party the night before New York, on the way to my home there was accident which nearly kill me but bad new that killed my ex bf by dui we rushed to ER and I had stitches and broke arm. Which I had stitches on my forehead.. Boy seems that I been to ER several times. Anyway, now my son been to ER 3rd times. His first was to ER by fell off the couch and hit the coffeetable and got bruise and nurses thought I abused but they were wrong. Geez idiot nurses anyway his second to ER by cutting on his right arm by hitting pile with nails and got 7 stitches and then last one to ER which was very very seriously that currently I am staying home as retired to focus on my son's physical issuses which nearly damaged his legs by fall. He is currently working with his new physical therapist.

I forgot to add one thing. In 1996 I was about 6 week pregnant at the time I had morning sick but few days later I became very serious sick with morning sick and my ex hubby rushed me to ER and had to exam me and had me to stay overnight and then return home. But again few days there was developing to very serious illness and I fell very illness with morning sickness. Had to rush to ER and they had to inform me to stay in hospital. They found out it was dehryated. I got back home a few days later. Then within 4 days later again fell very illness. Had to go back to hospital while I was pregnant (I never forget that). When I was in ER they found out that I had real bad illness which caused by dehyrated and morning sickness and flu. While I was laying on bed in hospital and couldn't barely eat or move anything. Lost alot of weight and they had to feed me by tube and had to put IV on me on both arms several times and had to stay in hospital for two weeks. Then few days before I got better. I was nearly died and I prayed to God and beg him to allow me live. Few hours later I lost my first child. Right before I lost child my dr came and asked me questions about abortion and I told him hell no I am against abortion but then lost it. I never forget that..

At 4 and 8, I had Vesicoureteral Reflux. A condition where urine from the bladder flows up the ureter towards the kidney. If reflux isn't treated, a person could have a urinary tract infection (UTI). I was put on a prophylactic antibiotic medicine every night for 2 years.

At 12, I was hospitalized for a severe belly pain. The next day I had an appendicectomy.

At 26, I had a sub-total thyroidectomy due to benign tumor in the thyroid gland.

My 17 months old daughter has never been hospitalized. *knock on wood*

I remmy i had to take my ex boyfriend to ER because he tried to jump start this huge chainsaw that he wanted to use to saw the old dying tree. somehow the chainsaw got stuck and jumped off from his hands, and landed on his leg and tore it all up... he got 33 or 35 stiches.. lots of blood. I had to drive him out of nowhere in PA... :ugh:

just recently

About two months ago (my baby is three months old) choked on liquid vitamins. Granted . .he has trachea malasia so his windpipe collapses when he breathes but this time. he turned blue and his eyes rolled back in his head. I did rescue breathing while hubby took us to the hopsital they admitted him then sent him by ambulance to a big teaching hospital two hours away. He had an NG tube placed so that would never happen again. They said it was just too dangerous with his condition to have anything by mouth.

TIff

downing said:
I remmy i had to take my ex boyfriend to ER because he tried to jump start this huge chainsaw that he wanted to use to saw the old dying tree. somehow the chainsaw got stuck and jumped off from his hands, and landed on his leg and tore it all up... he got 33 or 35 stiches.. lots of blood. I had to drive him out of nowhere in PA... :ugh:
Wow, weird, a very similar accident happened to my hubby. He was cutting down a tree that was rotten in the middle. The tree starting collapsing towards him, so he jumped back with the chainsaw still running. It cut his knee. I had to drive him to ER for stitches.

One good thing about chainsaw injuries. When you get to ER and yell, "we have a chainsaw injury" they don't make you wait long to see the doctor. ;)

Of course, hubby was wearing brand new jeans when he was cutting the tree (I told him not to). Well, after the trip to ER they were brand new cut-off shorts.

My biggest thing when I was younger was going to the dr. or hospital because I had gotten bitten by yet another dog. I loved to play with dogs and most of the time I didn't know the dog so my mom would take me to the dr and make sure the dog wasn't sick or anything. I also stepped on alot of nails didn't know if they were rusty or not 'cause we could never find them so I got to go to the dr again. When I was about 2 or so I stretched out in the back of the car and somehow my toe nail gt caught on something and I ripped it off. Dr said it wouldn't come back and it did, about a month later I knocked it off again by dropping a hammer on it. Dr said wouldn't come back, but it did. When I was about 5 I drank some paint thinner, and my mom and dad rushed me to the hospital dr said I was ok 'cause I had gotten sick all the way there so there wasn't any left in me.

My son hasn't been rushed to the hospital yet, I've had to take him afew times since he came home (spent his first month in NICU)
ear tubes, first ABR (to young to go home after meds), herrina, right after he came home his dr told us to take him back 'cause his blood count wasn't right. He had CMV when he was born and his blood count had been messed up due to that and she hadn't gotten the paper work from the hospital.

i wasn't rushed to the hosiptal when i got menigits.. my mom feels that i'm just having a fever. then it gets worse so she took me to the doctor's office the next day.. found out that doctor told my mom " take him to hosiptal RIGHT NOW!" so i was therefore rushed to the hosiptal.. having spinial menigits.

there is about 3 or 4 other hosiptilized with me.. but i'm not gonna say them why.. some of you AD know the story :D

my son hasn't yet been rushed to the hosiptal... hope it won't happen anytime soon

Yes I been rush to hospitalized by coma,pneumonia,meningitis spinal,and hearing loss

I became profound hearing impaired at age 4 conflict with pneumonia and meningitis spinal became coma unitl finally I woke up and realize that I became deaf and remember the sound vowel AEIOU how to say spelling correct and making sense with my sentence of writing in english. That meningitis spinal has the passage of pneumonia pop up repeat because it was related that time with meningitis spinal. I been recieved pneumonia total is 37 times from the past starts in 1968 and pop up pneumonia each years and some did not pop up because I got special medicine called vitamin K name of medicine is Gamma Globulin Serum 2x5cc each butt. But now no more taking that medicine. It's only for military to use it for war to protect them not to get sick anykinds of diseases.Meningitis Spinal is a real great painful and can feel dying from that. Doctor gave me cold and installed snow machine maker and cover the plastic with clear from chest to the head inside the box and they pour the water in the snow machine maker to makes cold and keep cool down from my temperature is very high 104 degree. I had a lot of sweat and shot demoral and little bit morphine for pain killer to keep me calm down and stop scream just being like hulk. I feel nothing and became paralyzed. Wow it was not funny about meningitis spinal that is really dangerous could die or become blind or celebral palsy or coma for a long long long time that how I became hearing impaired from that.

Reba said:
Wow, weird, a very similar accident happened to my hubby. He was cutting down a tree that was rotten in the middle. The tree starting collapsing towards him, so he jumped back with the chainsaw still running. It cut his knee. I had to drive him to ER for stitches.

One good thing about chainsaw injuries. When you get to ER and yell, "we have a chainsaw injury" they don't make you wait long to see the doctor. ;)

Of course, hubby was wearing brand new jeans when he was cutting the tree (I told him not to). Well, after the trip to ER they were brand new cut-off shorts.

LOL.. same thing.. he had one cutoff part....

Yes it happened to me before...

At 18 months old, I become very sick with high fever. We lived here while my dad was in Georgia for work, my mom took me to the emergency room and the doctor rushed me into the hospital because my fever was about 103. So I had to stay in the tub with the full of ices around my body to cool me down and I didn't get better, they made me stay in the hospital for two weeks. They did not know what was wrong with me until I was on..umm...I don't know what it called, but I will say brain machine to find out what was wrong. Finally they found out that I had mengisitis spinal cord that cause me got sick so bad, I almost died from it but I got something kind of shot and it caused me become deaf.

At 3 years old, I was in the hospital for ears tube removed

At 10 years old, I got ear infection. It was hurting so bad so my mom took me to the emergency room, I had to stay for one night.

I was rushed to the ER when i was 6 cuz of foot cut as i ran around shed a couple of time as playing game with my brother. There was an old pipe on the ground (assume it from well long itme ago) and the pipe cut my food open.

I also went in for toe sugury as i had bad infection on toe from ingrown nail.

Then went to hostipal 4 times last summer 2004 to march 2005. You dun wanna know.

Back