Has you or your Child Been Hospitalized?

When I was about 4, I was running in the house as my mom told me to stop running, I fell and hit my head on the coffee table, was rushed to the e.r. to have stitches on my forehead.

I was about 5, same thing running in the house and tripped on a rug, landed on my sis's 10-speed bicycle pedal that looked like a zig-zag.. cut my head open.. was rushed to the e.r... they had to shave parts of my hair to stitch it up.

Age 7, I was playing in the garage which I wasn't suppose to, my daddy was building a camper and had lot of sharp objects. I saw a door open and it was my dad looking for me, I snuck into the camper and hid from him.. He closed to the door, I got out and went into the den where my mom and dad's friends were playing pool.. they all looked at me and said oh my god, she's bleeding!! I saw blood coming from my butt and I freaked out.. My mom was a nurse so she put me on the pool table and said "go get the kit" as everyone was watching.. my mom stitched up my boo-boo. I told my dad the truth that I was in the garage and showed him where I was hiding.. there was blood everywhere.. it was a metal sheet (thin like paper) that was prepared to become a wall in the camper..

so on, so on.. I've been thru hell when I was young.. I'm a tomboy and love doing dangerous stuff..

WEEELLLLL, now, I have a daughter...

When my daughter, Jaci, was 1, we were at my sis's house, my nephew pushed my daughter down the staircase which was wood stairs.. My sister heard thump thump thump and knew something was wrong, I followed my sis and she said "ohhh my goddd!!!" I was like.. Oh god, its my daughter... so I went to check .. she was at the bottom of the stairs in shock-state, I ran down there and picked her up.. her forehead was cut wide open, took her to the e.r... 8 stitches

Age 5, Jaci was upstairs playing at her grandmother's house, my fiance and I were at the store. When we came home, my mom was holding Jaci with a rag on her face, I ran toward her and saw what had happened.. my 2 little dogs were fighting and Jaci got in the way and one of the dogs bit her lip.. so we took her to the e.r. and they had glued it back together..not stitches.

age 6, Jaci was at a friends house jumping on her bed.. she and her friends were standing on the headboard, the little brother shook the headboard.. Jaci fell and landed between the headboard and rail, cut up underneath her right kneecap.. they called me and told me to come and take her to the e.r... 12 stitches

age 7.. Jaci was at school. During her p.e. time, she was on the monkey bars and fell.. I waited for her to come home from the bus, She had this ace bandage around her wrist.. I was like.. ahh what next!!!??? She said she just bruised it.. so I took it off and IT WAS BROKEN!!! Took her to the e.r. and surely it was broken.. gave her a cast for 4 weeks.

now.. she's 8.. just happened last thursday, my friend's son and Jaci were playing pillow fight.. somehow Jaci turned her head facing the couch.. the son hit her from the back and Jaci hit her mouth on the armchair (wooded).. she came running to me with blood all over her mouth.. found that her permanent tooth had gotten loose.. to her to the dentist, they said she'll be okay and her tooth will tighten up..

in between all the ages from newborn to 8.. she has been sick with high fevers, strep throat (alot), ear infection, etc..

What does this tell you??? makes me a nerve-whacking mother!! My mother used to tell me " hahahaha, Angela, its your turn to deal with your daughter!!!" I figured she was speaking that I had given her a hard time when I was younger!

Oh need to add , just this recent January, I had my appendix taken out, stayed in the hospital for 2 days. fun fun fun!!! :-o

RebelGirl said:
When I was about 4, I was running in the house as my mom told me to stop running, I fell and hit my head on the coffee table, was rushed to the e.r. to have stitches on my forehead.

I was about 5, same thing running in the house and tripped on a rug, landed on my sis's 10-speed bicycle pedal that looked like a zig-zag.. cut my head open.. was rushed to the e.r... they had to shave parts of my hair to stitch it up.

Age 7, I was playing in the garage which I wasn't suppose to, my daddy was building a camper and had lot of sharp objects. I saw a door open and it was my dad looking for me, I snuck into the camper and hid from him.. He closed to the door, I got out and went into the den where my mom and dad's friends were playing pool.. they all looked at me and said oh my god, she's bleeding!! I saw blood coming from my butt and I freaked out.. My mom was a nurse so she put me on the pool table and said "go get the kit" as everyone was watching.. my mom stitched up my boo-boo. I told my dad the truth that I was in the garage and showed him where I was hiding.. there was blood everywhere.. it was a metal sheet (thin like paper) that was prepared to become a wall in the camper..

so on, so on.. I've been thru hell when I was young.. I'm a tomboy and love doing dangerous stuff..

WEEELLLLL, now, I have a daughter...

When my daughter, Jaci, was 1, we were at my sis's house, my nephew pushed my daughter down the staircase which was wood stairs.. My sister heard thump thump thump and knew something was wrong, I followed my sis and she said "ohhh my goddd!!!" I was like.. Oh god, its my daughter... so I went to check .. she was at the bottom of the stairs in shock-state, I ran down there and picked her up.. her forehead was cut wide open, took her to the e.r... 8 stitches

Age 5, Jaci was upstairs playing at her grandmother's house, my fiance and I were at the store. When we came home, my mom was holding Jaci with a rag on her face, I ran toward her and saw what had happened.. my 2 little dogs were fighting and Jaci got in the way and one of the dogs bit her lip.. so we took her to the e.r. and they had glued it back together..not stitches.

age 6, Jaci was at a friends house jumping on her bed.. she and her friends were standing on the headboard, the little brother shook the headboard.. Jaci fell and landed between the headboard and rail, cut up underneath her right kneecap.. they called me and told me to come and take her to the e.r... 12 stitches

age 7.. Jaci was at school. During her p.e. time, she was on the monkey bars and fell.. I waited for her to come home from the bus, She had this ace bandage around her wrist.. I was like.. ahh what next!!!??? She said she just bruised it.. so I took it off and IT WAS BROKEN!!! Took her to the e.r. and surely it was broken.. gave her a cast for 4 weeks.

now.. she's 8.. just happened last thursday, my friend's son and Jaci were playing pillow fight.. somehow Jaci turned her head facing the couch.. the son hit her from the back and Jaci hit her mouth on the armchair (wooded).. she came running to me with blood all over her mouth.. found that her permanent tooth had gotten loose.. to her to the dentist, they said she'll be okay and her tooth will tighten up..

in between all the ages from newborn to 8.. she has been sick with high fevers, strep throat (alot), ear infection, etc..

What does this tell you??? makes me a nerve-whacking mother!! My mother used to tell me " hahahaha, Angela, its your turn to deal with your daughter!!!" I figured she was speaking that I had given her a hard time when I was younger!

OUCH man, that gotta hurt! Poor girl, pretty soon the ER will know her by heart just like tim the toolman taylor.. hehe

My daughter has been more of a patient at the hospital more than I do! Since she has spina bifida, she had a few surgeries here n there. Not to mention that there will be a few more down the road for her when she grows up with spina bifida.

Me? My hospital visits are all ER's. Last time I had to go to the ER was when I cut my finger at work. Damn finger was leaking like a dam broke and I had to go to the ER 2 miles away to get the finger taken care of.

Gosh! You all gone through suffer and scary. Glad things re nothing happen.

As for me,
I got numberous of ear infections when i was little.

at 2yr old, I was jumped bed then decided jumped off the bed, somehow my cousin was jumped on bed then jumped on my leg. I was cried as hell. My cousin try to calm me down before my parents gets home. But didn't work. My parents was worried abt me cuz i been cried for hours and hours. Decide take me ER, found out broke leg! (has to wear cast, not want parent pick me up, and want walk myself) brave girl i was huh? lol

at 12 age, try to close the window which was old fashion window, somehow its slapped my little finger, and its broken.

at 13 age, picture day at school, i was play outside to jump (4 feet away) to monkey bar, which i always do that, somehow i slipped and smash my arm, (broken arm) *has to take pix with uncast broken arm, which was painful*

at age 16, at friend house, there has trampoline, my ex boyfriend jumped on my ankle, (stained ankle)

at age 17, was at college, play hide n' seek against boys, somehow i jumped 4 steps of stairs, (strained ankle same place).

at age 23, gone to ER alots of time, i got sharpen pain in adnormal which they don't find anything, til one year, it was gal bladder stone, (damn, suffer one year with this PAIN!)

--first pregancy bad morning sickness, had to stay overnite with IV

------------------

as my son..

9 mos-He suffered colic, they gave him something for colic, that can not help but it did!

14 mos-friends has a 4 yr old boy, (no discpline oh my god!) anyway he always open the door, somehow my son followed him, good enough he fell long cement stairs, had to gone to MRI, found out little bleed in his brain, had to stay overnite, then doctor let us go cuz, nothing wrong w/ him. Thank god!

As you some have experience with toddler chokes, same as my son, he has plm with eating that time, he was choked alots of time but one time was awful!, he didn't chew good enough with chicken nugget, been struggle to get out chicken nugget, his face turned blue, been like for 7 mins, which my boyfriend try to get him by pat back. which wasn't working, so i grab my son, so my bf plan call 911, but i got chicken nugget out, thank god.

Sorry long stories here, i enjoyed to read all of your experience and story.

Back