Greetings!

Cordeliet

Reaction score
Hello~

My name's Amanda and I'm currently in ASL 4 at the college I attend. I would like to find Deaf/HoH people that I can chat with to not only improve on my skills, but in hopes that I can make some friends along the way as well :)

It's been extremely difficult for me to be able to go to Deaf events, which also makes it difficult to find someone who's Deaf to interact with...which would also make it hard to get to know someone well enough either. I think that ASL is a beautiful language and I intend to work as an interpreter.

I hope that by signing up here that I can manage to find people to interact with.

Thanks! :wave:

Last edited:
That wouldn't be a problem at all :D

I apologize for not being more considerate; I'll edit my post to make sure it includes both Deaf/HoH :)

Since you mentioned that you're new to ASL, what would you say that you find most interesting and difficult so far about the language?

As for me, I love how expressive the language is. I also like how I don't need to sign every single word to get my point across either, but that there are ways to express the point you're trying to make. As for difficulty...probably one of my weaker points in the language would be watching a person describe a setup of a room, rearranging the room, and something along those lines.

I like being able to communicate without words; and still being expressive. The intricacy of some of the paths it takes you on; as well as the ease of access. No voice needed, thats my main favorite. Doesn't tax my already limited hearing, which means i can devote more energy to expressing myself, and less to listening :))

Do you have skype?
Fingerspelling was my weakest point, but i practiced and it now is my strongest :3

Hello~

My name's Amanda and I'm currently in ASL 4 at the college I attend. I would like to find Deaf/HoH people that I can chat with to not only improve on my skills, but in hopes that I can make some friends along the way as well :)

It's been extremely difficult for me to be able to go to Deaf events, which also makes it difficult to find someone who's Deaf to interact with...which would also make it hard to get to know someone well enough either. I think that ASL is a beautiful language and I intend to work as an interpreter.

I hope that by signing up here that I can manage to find people to interact with.

Thanks! :wave:

Why? Is it because you spent a lot of time kissing with your boyfriend? :lol:

There are some deaf coffee socials and gatherings in Flint, and Detroit.

:welcome: to deaf gossip center.

i took up to asl 2 and i'm still trying to practice more i have trouble with making sentences but know a decent amount of signs i'm trying to go back to college. I'm practicing a lot more to make up the time i lost from not practicing

Why? Is it because you spent a lot of time kissing with your boyfriend? :lol:

There are some deaf coffee socials and gatherings in Flint, and Detroit.

:welcome: to deaf gossip center.

That's my husband~ and no :P

The majority of Deaf events fall on Friday evening or Saturday during the day, which I am unable to go to events during that time. Because of that, I've barely been able to go to any events. If I at least knew some people in the community, then I would be able to hang out with people on other days of the week. But because of not being able to go to most events, I can't get to the point of being friends, thus my dilemma :/

Thanks for the welcome :)

That's my husband~ and no :P

The majority of Deaf events fall on Friday evening or Saturday during the day, which I am unable to go to events during that time. Because of that, I've barely been able to go to any events. If I at least knew some people in the community, then I would be able to hang out with people on other days of the week. But because of not being able to go to most events, I can't get to the point of being friends, thus my dilemma :/

Thanks for the welcome :)

I knew that was your husband! :D That is your wedding photo :wave: Hi !

Back