Genealogy

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
Ahh! Now that sounds so interesting... I'm going to start with mine now. I think that it's too impossible with my last name... Cook is my last name and I'm going to try anyways.

maybe u might be related to the novelist (mystery/medical suspense genre) Robin Cook qq hehe thatll be kewl! cuz i like his writing :thumb:

Originally posted by Fly Free
maybe u might be related to the novelist (mystery/medical suspense genre) Robin Cook qq hehe thatll be kewl! cuz i like his writing :thumb:
:lol: Who knows?

So goes for Captain Cook! Nor how about the cheapo Cook champagne company? heh heh !

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
:lol: Who knows?

So goes for Captain Cook! Nor how about the cheapo Cook champagne company? heh heh !

:lol: yea!! go for it DOM! hehe find out who u might be related to in ur bloodlines -- u might find it :shock: and interesting

Genealogy is a grand obsession of mine. I have been doing it since I was 8 years old. I started with asking Mom about our family history, etc. Unsatisfied with her answers, I went to a local library. It was where I stumbled upon a biographical sketch of my great-grandfather, a pastor of a local Baptist church. Ever since that discovery, I just can't get rid of the genealogy bug. I do my research in increments, so I can have a LIFE.

A general outline of my ancestry:

Paternal grandfather's side: Welsh

Paternal grandmother's side: Cornish and Bavarian

Maternal grandfather's side: Pennsylvania Dutch (Deutsch or German), Colonial New York Dutch, Scottish, New Englanders (Puritans and Pilgrims), French Huguenots

Maternal grandmother's side: Welsh

Originally posted by Oddball
Wow. My relative was involved in mob years ago (of course, he and my late grandma were 20 years apart and never talked). I am planning to go to Cleveland Main Library to investigate my birthmom's side of family and find out more more.
hey! Maybe we're related!

It surprised me because they keep up track in url which is very unusually with hundred years ago. I think, Beethoven is the one in there.

Originally posted by Sabrina
It surprised me because they keep up track in url which is very unusually with hundred years ago. I think, Beethoven is the one in there.

No, Beethoven was around long before that.

ummmmmmmmmm strange.. I saw it at the being. I may mis-read Need a new glasses. *charge Silience Gold's credit card*

:cool:

Hi all.

I did lots of genealogy since I came back from Texas with document about genealogy which was belonged to my deceased grandmother.

It's fun!

Loves Genealogy

I love doing genealogy. I've been working on it for 20 plus years. Now, I am adding my husband's to mine. The pedigree chart keeps getting bigger and bigger. :type:

Sabrina said:
Katzie
:jaw: wow... Your great, great, great, grand-father was President George Washington.
Huh? Sabrina, are you saying that Katzie's ancestor was George Washington, or were you just teasing? George Washington didn't have any natural children.

I enjoy doing genealogical research. I have documented ancestors from England, Holland, and Portugal.

Making a family tree with hundreds of names is neat, but I think the most interesting part is actually learning about the people as individuals. I like reading their letters and diaries, and looking at their pictures.

I've had a lot of fun researching our family history. It hit a lot of roadblocks, but with enough searching (and a lot of patience) you can find what you are looking for. I'm Native American and I had a lot of fun doing the research. The internet has been a lifesaver and its funny how much information is actually at our fingertips these days. My one regret is not asking my grandmother a lot of things prior to her passing. She was a wealth of knowledge and I still have a lot of questions that only she wold be able to answer.

Thank you all for your link:

My father is genealogical research. He paid an ancestor to sesearch his side and got original certifciate of his family history and copy for me and my siblings which it´s not cheap in 1992. I lost it somewhere in my house. I found it by accidently when I tidy up at hobby room in basement last month. I got it ***phew***

I told my hubby to make the frame to hang on the wall. He did. I look at the certifcate in study room. :D

His family side since 1177:

Generation on my father´s side:
1st is Ireland then Scotland then again Ireland, then Paris, then Ireland then England.

I´m typing what the certifciate written: It´s so long so I made short:

A royal family of Ulidia here this name till the 12th century.

In 1395 the Four Masters called the then Chief Physician of Dunegal, Paul Ulbach. Cormac MacDunlevy, one of the heredibary physicians, was a man of importance in the 15th century becasue of his translations of Gaulberus and other medical works into Irish.

In the 18th cnetury Rev. Andrew Donlevy, who was Superior of the Irish College in Paris from 1728 to 1746, complied a cabechism in Irish and English and also collaborated wth Walter Harris, the historian, who is best known for his work on the Ware mauscripts. Father Christopher dunlevy O.F.M was martyred in 1644.

Interesting, I´m going to search my mother´s side and also to compare with my father´s side what ancestor searched for my father soon.

Back