gay McDonald's commercial

It does not make sense that isnt related with mcdonald's. because dad didn't know that his son is gay. he is hiding his identify from his dad. If Dad learns about him at the mcdonald and celebrates at mcdonald then it would make sense. you know?

It would be better if re-write goes like...

son: "Dad... I'm gay"
dad: "What the *** I'm going to kill you!!"
son: "Umm... Have a big mac and fries, these are really good"
dad: *mumble* n' *chewing* Hmmm.... *relief*giggle*

navigator "McDonald make you forgive and forget..."

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... a commercial with dual meanings.

dad: "What the *** I'm going to kill you!!"

navigator "McDonald make you forgive and forget..."

:laugh2:

Totally LOVE THAT and it would SELL!

I'm shocked that French people eat at McDonalds. Quelle horreur! :shock:

Yeah, well, I wonder, Reba, do they call it "French fries" over there, too?

dad: "Ok I know." *smiling*

navigator "McDonald make you open communicate..."

:cool2: I think this one is better.

Due to how popular the children's Happy Meal is, McDonald's has started a meal for the adults. It's called an Obama Meal.
Walk up to the window and order anything you want and however as many as you want.
Then when you are told the cost say, "The guy behind me is Paying."

Wirelessly posted

The commercial seems to be wishing the boy good luck on coming out of the closet. Weird open-ended commercial with supppsedly happy ending, but the viewers are left hanging wondering if the father-son relationship continues on a positive note or ends sourly.

Exactly. It is very difficult for a homosexual child to come out to a heterosexual parent. In fact, parents are usually the last people that a gay person will come out to. "Come as you are" has a double meaning in this case:
1) That McDonald's does not discriminate and 2)Encouraging homosexual youth to have the courage to come out to their parents.

Anyone wonder why it is so difficult for homosexual youth to live true to their identity? Imagine having a parent that has been heard to make comments such as the ones made by the homophobes in this thread. Yeah, all 16 year olds want to bring that kind of judgement from their parents down on them.

Due to how popular the children's Happy Meal is, McDonald's has started a meal for the adults. It's called an Obama Meal.
Walk up to the window and order anything you want and however as many as you want.
Then when you are told the cost say, "The guy behind me is Paying."

LOL. Yep. Id' say they're a few fries short of a Happy Meal with that philosophy.

Exactly. It is very difficult for a homosexual child to come out to a heterosexual parent. In fact, parents are usually the last people that a gay person will come out to. "Come as you are" has a double meaning in this case:
1) That McDonald's does not discriminate and 2)Encouraging homosexual youth to have the courage to come out to their parents.

Anyone wonder why it is so difficult for homosexual youth to live true to their identity? Imagine having a parent that has been heard to make comments such as the ones made by the homophobes in this thread. Yeah, all 16 year olds want to bring that kind of judgement from their parents down on them.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, I just didn't get a chance to reply.

I'm sure there are far worse things that would be heart breaking for the father than his son being gay. Terminal illness anyone?

That's pretty much what I was thinking, I just didn't get a chance to reply.

I'm sure there are far worse things that would be heart breaking for the father than his son being gay. Terminal illness anyone?

Yep. Reminds me of the story of the gay man that decided to come out to his father. He said, "Dad, I need to tell you something. I have cancer." After the Dad freaked out about the cancer, the gay guy said, "Just kidding! I'm only gay!"

Back