gay McDonald's commercial

netrox

Reaction score
This is truly a classic for a gay commercial! Love it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBuKuA9nHsw&feature=email]YouTube - Gay McDonald's ad in France:[/ame]

Sorry but the commercial does nothing to make me crave a Big Mac

On second thought, I think I'll skip over to Wendy's.

Last edited:
Doesn't make sense to me at all. It says "come as you are" as a sort of welcoming, inclusive message. But then at the same time it seems to be reinforcing the idea that gays need to hide their identities by implying that the father doesn't know his son is gay and that the son can't talk to his father about it.

Am I missing something here???

Wendy's used to have the Texas Double Cheeseburger.....I would eat three of those (I am not small :giggle: )

I happened to be at a Wendy's in Atlanta (I think) one time and ordered 3 three and they looked at me funny......I thought it was because I ordered three........But it turns out they didn't serve the Texas Double Cheeseburger in Atlanta. I never did get a straight answer on why.

Description please :mrgreen:

the scene takes place at McDonald. A high-school boy's sitting at the table, taking out a class photo while his father's at the line, ordering McDonald food. The boy's cellphone rang and he answered - "Hello?" He smiled and said "I was thinking about you too. I'm looking at our class picture." He's looking at picture, smiling, moving his thumb on the picture like he's caressing a person's face but to us viewers - we cannot see the picture. He then said "I miss you too." He looked at his face and said "My dad's coming. I have to hang up." His father carried a tray of food to table, sat down, and said "Here you go." Father looked at the picture on the table and asked - "Is this your class picture?" The boy meekly nodded. The father was looking at picture and smiled - "You look just like me at your age. Let me tell you - I was quite the ladies man!" The boy got all weirded out and scoffed. And then the father put away the picture and said - "too bad your class is all boys.... you could get all the girls." And then the boy pulled a sly smile and chuckled. The scene went to all black with a caption - "Come as you are."

That would break father's heart to learn that his son is really gay. Way to ruin

I think it'd be even worse if a Dad was a Wendy's executive hearing his own offspring is eating at McDonalds.

No it would would have been worse if the son said..."Dad, I am not hungry. My friend gave me a Quarter Pounder earlier"

No it would would have been worse if the son said..."Dad, I am not hungry. My friend gave me a Quarter Pounder earlier"

Lol, for me, in my mind, that just conjures up the phrase "meat injection"....

the scene takes place at McDonald. A high-school boy's sitting at the table, taking out a class photo while his father's at the line, ordering McDonald food. The boy's cellphone rang and he answered - "Hello?" He smiled and said "I was thinking about you too. I'm looking at our class picture." He's looking at picture, smiling, moving his thumb on the picture like he's caressing a person's face but to us viewers - we cannot see the picture. He then said "I miss you too." He looked at his face and said "My dad's coming. I have to hang up." His father carried a tray of food to table, sat down, and said "Here you go." Father looked at the picture on the table and asked - "Is this your class picture?" The boy meekly nodded. The father was looking at picture and smiled - "You look just like me at your age. Let me tell you - I was quite the ladies man!" The boy got all weirded out and scoffed. And then the father put away the picture and said - "too bad your class is all boys.... you could get all the girls." And then the boy pulled a sly smile and chuckled. The scene went to all black with a caption - "Come as you are."

:ty::ty:

Pretty neat commercial. It's too bad the had to depict the father as intolerant/ignorant but to be fair, it's a pretty common dynamic for a lot of LGBTQ teens. Love the line "Come as you are." :cool2:

:ty::ty:

Pretty neat commercial. It's too bad the had to depict the father as intolerant/ignorant but to be fair, it's a pretty common dynamic for a lot of LGBTQ teens. Love the line "Come as you are." :cool2:

no no. the father doesn't know the son is gay.

It does not make sense that isnt related with mcdonald's. because dad didn't know that his son is gay. he is hiding his identify from his dad. If Dad learns about him at the mcdonald and celebrates at mcdonald then it would make sense. you know?

Wirelessly posted

The commercial seems to be wishing the boy good luck on coming out of the closet. Weird open-ended commercial with supppsedly happy ending, but the viewers are left hanging wondering if the father-son relationship continues on a positive note or ends sourly.

Wirelessly posted

The commercial seems to be wishing the boy good luck on coming out of the closet. Weird open-ended commercial with supppsedly happy ending, but the viewers are left hanging wondering if the father-son relationship continues on a positive note or ends sourly.

Maybe a food fight....

Back