Gally Vs. NTID

Javapride

I think those people who want to check out about them. Instead of us. Ofc, they would need to talk to their counselor. The counselor(s) will help them by what's the best that they can reach their goal.

I fully agree with eternity ..

I had a successful goal from counselor which counelor helped me to reach my goal. Right now, I am Graphic Designer but for now, I am freelancer.. That's why I attended Gallaudet for my major in Graphic Design. then I transferred to other school (Art Institute of Pittsburgh) I finally graduated. Art Institute of Pittsburgh is one of the good program for web design and graphic design.

it's a good instance ... :thumb:

Originally posted by javapride
I also understand NTID is now a dry university no acholics permitted on the campus

Well, it is dry on CAMPUS, yes. BUT, frats and other people are hosting parties OFF campus, it is not always dry as long as no cops bust them. I went to off campus parties and smoked weed there. Shrugs.

Originally posted by vvti low rolla
black area!? :eek: are ya a racist or wha!? there aren't only black area

you think i am racist? ohh please then get lost, I have visited there at Gally and i know there's black area there include white around there. can i say that. I see most of black people there. U should think twice that there are some times dangerous areas that we all have to watch out! :mad2: then wake up!!!! I don't like being racist. But I have a lot of bad experiences with black people that's why I just keep myself cool that's all does that mean that I am damn RACIST HUH??? :o

I apperticate ur concerns abt the high crime all i want is the feedback OF the education part of this let's not get ahead of ourselves and i apperticate lez artist's concern for my safety and thank her for that! Wish me luck this week as im calling NTID to get my applications and get that started :)

now ALL i ask is let's stay on the topic here abt education alrighty?? thanks :)

Originally posted by javapride
I apperticate ur concerns abt the high crime all i want is the feedback OF the education part of this let's not get ahead of ourselves and i apperticate lez artist's concern for my safety and thank her for that! Wish me luck this week as im calling NTID to get my applications and get that started :)

now ALL i ask is let's stay on the topic here abt education alrighty?? thanks :)

:werd: I agree w/ u ;)

Originally posted by LezArtist
you think i am racist? ohh please then get lost, I have visited there at Gally and i know there's black area there include white around there. can i say that. I see most of black people there. U should think twice that there are some times dangerous areas that we all have to watch out! :mad2: then wake up!!!! I don't like being racist. But I have a lot of bad experiences with black people that's why I just keep myself cool that's all does that mean that I am damn RACIST HUH??? :o
finally you said black/white area...thats B E T T E R. There are many white lives near gallaudet on florida ave NE...deaf apt and many houses next to MSSD. I went there many time...not only deaf area. :ugh:

Hello, Javapride-

First of all, it is best that you consult with your V.R. counselor. He/she can make or break your educational goals and you will eventually have to work out an educational/rehabilitation plan with them.

Secondly, do keep in mind that oftentimes, students attend colleges and they change their minds about their majors and career goals. What you like to do now, computer science, may be what you will drop two years from now in favor of English, etc. Lastly, being a Gallaudet alumni, I'm kinda biased towards Gallaudet. :)

NTID is just a glorified two-year school. If you want to have serious studies in computer science, you will have to eventually enroll in RIT. I'm sure they have a reputable program in computer science and it is a prestigious university in the Northern New York area. You will, no doubt, gain important networking opportunities at RIT when it comes to searching for job opportunities after graduation.

Gallaudet is a four-year university and has advanced degree (graduate & PhD) programs as well. It has Deaf Studies, administered by the best program in the world. Gallaudet does have a computer science program and is pretty decent. Gallaudet also has an excellent reputation in the D.C. academic, government and business communities. Be warned; the computer science program there requires calculus-level mathematic courses. If math isn't to your liking or forte, you may want to reconsider computer science as a major.

NT1ID/RIT is located in a rural area in Northern New York and pretty much is sparse when it comes to amenities suitable for an enjoyable lifestyle for a young college student. Also, it is very COLD in the winter time. In contrast, Gallaudet is located in Washington, D.C., a cultural delight and plenty of activities to satisfy even the most discerning young college student.

Either way, I wish you good luck in your future studies! You can't go wrong with Gallaudet or NTID/RIT as long as you have guidance from your career counselor and V.R. counselor, and have the wonderful support from your family and friends.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by Todd
Hello, Javapride-

First of all, it is best that you consult with your V.R. counselor. He/she can make or break your educational goals and you will eventually have to work out an educational/rehabilitation plan with them.

Secondly, do keep in mind that oftentimes, students attend colleges and they change their minds about their majors and career goals. What you like to do now, computer science, may be what you will drop two years from now in favor of English, etc. Lastly, being a Gallaudet alumni, I'm kinda biased towards Gallaudet. :)

NTID is just a glorified two-year school. If you want to have serious studies in computer science, you will have to eventually enroll in RIT. I'm sure they have a reputable program in computer science and it is a prestigious university in the Northern New York area. You will, no doubt, gain important networking opportunities at RIT when it comes to searching for job opportunities after graduation.

Gallaudet is a four-year university and has advanced degree (graduate & PhD) programs as well. It has Deaf Studies, administered by the best program in the world. Gallaudet does have a computer science program and is pretty decent. Gallaudet also has an excellent reputation in the D.C. academic, government and business communities. Be warned; the computer science program there requires calculus-level mathematic courses. If math isn't to your liking or forte, you may want to reconsider computer science as a major.

NT1ID/RIT is located in a rural area in Northern New York and pretty much is sparse when it comes to amenities suitable for an enjoyable lifestyle for a young college student. Also, it is very COLD in the winter time. In contrast, Gallaudet is located in Washington, D.C., a cultural delight and plenty of activities to satisfy even the most discerning young college student.

Either way, I wish you good luck in your future studies! You can't go wrong with Gallaudet or NTID/RIT as long as you have guidance from your career counselor and V.R. counselor, and have the wonderful support from your family and friends.

Enjoy.

:werd:

Originally posted by Todd
Hello, Javapride-

Enjoy.

He said it all. Information is so plenty! That's true. :) Good Luck...

THANK U THANK U THANK U all for ur supports and feedback I TRULY apperticate it

TODD, what u said was pretty much well thought out and has helped me finalized my decision i have been in contact with my VR just having plms getting the appt they can be soo dense sometimes...

other than that the process has started WISH ME LUCK :)

Originally posted by ek8_element
I am gonna to gallaudet this fall but i am so not happy at gallaudet.sad smile

:confused: if u arent happy at Gally why return qq u can always consider transfer to other college

javapride said:
MOD : please don't move this thread id like to get some ideas here will be a temporary one week thing before final decison...

Hi all id like some ideas of NTID and GALLY if u have gone to both unverisities and how u rated which school is better, and what is ur perspective in both schools and if u had a choice of going to that School either NTID or GALLY tell me why u would choose that and please NO PARTIES reasons ok?? serious reasons. im weighing on my thoughts and mind here for my plans to go back to school thanks :) and my major will be two, interpeting for the deaf and blind and also computer science. So please consider those for me Id like to weigh them for a good reason. thanks all :)
NTID is better than GU. (Hints: GU has a more bad person then someone killed many ppl at ago on few years.) If you want to go to the NTID and it will have a fun. =) N!C3 TO M33T y@

FutureGame2100 said:
NTID is better than GU. (Hints: GU has a more bad person then someone killed many ppl at ago on few years.) If you want to go to the NTID and it will have a fun. =) N!C3 TO M33T y@
why are you so obsessed over somebody getting killed at Gallaudet? You can't compared both colleges if you haven't went to both...

pimpdaddyposse said:
why are you so obsessed over somebody getting killed at Gallaudet? You can't compared both colleges if you haven't went to both...
Those my friends told me that GU is so suck because GU dont have a artist and a few tech. NTID has a more tech, artist, and more.

FutureGame2100 said:

Oh geez! everywhere are not 100% safe. "many ppl" is misinform for you to know. Less than "many". SHould not point at GU. There are more schools with risk for have murderers/suicide.

FutureGame2100 said:
Those my friends told me that GU is so suck because GU dont have a artist and a few tech. NTID has a more tech, artist, and more.

I suggest you that u visit up there instead of *bow bow* on friends. Everyone have different point of view around these schools. U said NTID? there are more information that u need to know than "just NTID".

In my opinion, GU have more strong in liberal and still have arts in different way.

FutureGame2100 said:
I wouldn't have gone to Gallaudet if I believed my friends... it seem some of them didn't want me to go so they made a wrong statement or they choose the wrong crowd to associate, you choose your way whatever you want, I visited Gallaudet last April and I was impressed and in some way I was ok-ok but I still want to go and it doesn't mean I will always be in fear or anything... my new statement: Not to see Washington DC is not to see Gallaudet ;)

pimpdaddyposse said:
my new statement: Not to see Washington DC is not to see Gallaudet ;)
LOL remind me of that statement at Six Flags but different name. :laugh2:

Back