Gally Vs. NTID

javapride

Reaction score
MOD : please don't move this thread id like to get some ideas here will be a temporary one week thing before final decison...

Hi all id like some ideas of NTID and GALLY if u have gone to both unverisities and how u rated which school is better, and what is ur perspective in both schools and if u had a choice of going to that School either NTID or GALLY tell me why u would choose that and please NO PARTIES reasons ok?? serious reasons. im weighing on my thoughts and mind here for my plans to go back to school thanks :) and my major will be two, interpeting for the deaf and blind and also computer science. So please consider those for me Id like to weigh them for a good reason. thanks all :)

Would some poeple PLEASE talk in here ???? I d like some feedback please thanks ...

Please dont go off point, VVTI...Java is just asking question whoever had experience with NTID or GALLY so that she can decide which is better. Ofc, all unverisities have parties...shes just saying that she dont want to hear their reason for joining NTID or GALLY cuz of party stuff, shes basically wants to hear about EDUCATION -- NTID OR GALLY that fits for her major shes planning to study on, etc.

Originally posted by ~Heather~
Please dont go off point, VVTI...Java is just asking question whoever had experience with NTID or GALLY so that she can decide which is better. Ofc, all unverisities have parties...shes just saying that she dont want to hear their reason for joining NTID or GALLY cuz of party stuff, shes basically wants to hear about EDUCATION -- NTID OR GALLY that fits for her major shes planning to study on, etc.

thanks heather much apperticated.. so far no one has said anything abt it and i still am waiting for thier responses...

Your two majors that you would liek to be interpreter for the deaf and blind people and also computer science.

I would say half and half because you want to become an interpreter for deaf and blind ppl which it d be GALLY..

Your second mahor is computer science which NTID has that technology--that you can take classes from there.

So which you would prefer to do it first that you would like to do first.. to become an interpreter for them or take a computer science for your major soon?

RIT is a very good technical college and the deaf community is very huge. You're very likely to run into deaf people at the local mall and restaurants. RIT also has a very good interpreter program. Gallaudet is alright, although I've never visited there.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
RIT is a very good technical college and the deaf community is very huge. You're very likely to run into deaf people at the local mall and restaurants. RIT also has a very good interpreter program. Gallaudet is alright, although I've never visited there.

I had thought so, have several friends who are aders and other internet user, and that would be helpful for me... thanks so much vamp :) heh

Originally posted by eternity
Your two majors that you would liek to be interpreter for the deaf and blind people and also computer science.

I would say half and half because you want to become an interpreter for deaf and blind ppl which it d be GALLY..

Your second mahor is computer science which NTID has that technology--that you can take classes from there.

So which you would prefer to do it first that you would like to do first.. to become an interpreter for them or take a computer science for your major soon?
I though Gallaudet have computer science now which they should had... ttyl

Originally posted by vvti low rolla
geez, i went to gallaudet before. thats what i tried to say all universities have parties.

:werd: I agree with u but depends on the student if that person don't have balance of schedule to do then it wud be partyin 24/7 :roll: but of course if I was a student I wud try to stay up and finish homework but I doubt that very much cuz I'll be POSTWHORE CAT in this site and be on AIM 24/7 :P

javapride,

Depends on what your major is.

Gallaudet University have strong background with "liberal arts" as just like major in social worker, and ETC.. They do have an interpreter programs.

NTID/RIT is the technical program which is very execllent background with computers. RIT is one of the best school and higher education......

One more thing, Depends on how you feel about their enivorment where you are comfortable. For instance, I attended Gallaudet Univsersity for three years which I loved there. There are so many activites, many famous museums, and nice enivorment out there. of course, there was some bad area outside of Gallaudet. It does not bothers me at all.

It's up to you... It's important for you to go and see for yourself there what they have. :)

Well Gally and RIT are both good college but Gally can be in dangerous because it is located in black area where gangs can be there and could cause a lot of problems there. Also, when I was in MD, visiting, I went to Gally and I took a look over there it's really small and crowded plus has MSSD right next to it on the same campus. it made me having some negatives there. But RIT it's huge and the best Unveristy there but but but ONE thing is about the interpreter. It is NO GOOD. But the majors and educations there are very good at RIT. But it's up to you and it is your own decision to pick which one is the best for you but just wanted to warn you that the interpreters at RIT is no good. That's all I can say. :)

Education - I have no idea cuz I am not that familiar with them.

Location - I love NTID's location better. I love roomie places with deer just outside the dorm. Gally is a beautiful campus, but outside the gates is a different story. I never had problems, but I have heard others who have had problems.

Thank u lez artist and matty boy :) MUCH apperticated :) ..... seems im leaning towards NTID looks like and i do appericate ur honesty about this.... again thanks for letting me listen to the feedbacks :)

Originally posted by javapride
Thank u lez artist and matty boy :) MUCH apperticated :) ..... seems im leaning towards NTID looks like and i do appericate ur honesty about this.... again thanks for letting me listen to the feedbacks :)

no problem :) for myself i would love to go back to RIT but interpreters there won't make me feel any comfortable or understand them at all u know :)

Originally posted by LezArtist
no problem :) for myself i would love to go back to RIT but interpreters there won't make me feel any comfortable or understand them at all u know :)

I uddy how u feel lez, maybe now the interpters are better now with the interpter's program now added to the NTID who knows... experince is a good thing for me ... :)

no it is not.. it's still NO GOOD bec my friend who goes to RIT right now told me that interpreters there SUCKS bigg time!!!! that makes me :barf:

Originally posted by LezArtist
no it is not.. it's still NO GOOD bec my friend who goes to RIT right now told me that interpreters there SUCKS bigg time!!!! that makes me :barf:

I uddy lez thanks for informing me ;)

Back