Gallaudet Protests

Gemtun said:
Why is Gally in uproar? What is wrong with Jane? I dont know anything about it so am just curious.

Yea.. What's wrong with her??? I don't find nothing wrong with her... :dunno:

VamPyroX said:
Oh boy, here we go again!

First, deaf people bitch and complain that hearing people won't accept them. Yet, deaf people bitch and complain that they don't want a hearing person (or a hard-of-hearing person) to work for them. :roll:

*nods* They want a person that knows ONLY ASL, strongly have knowledge of the Deaf Culture.

CrazyMomma said:
Yea.. What's wrong with her??? I don't find nothing wrong with her... :dunno:
She seems to throw her "Whiteness" around quite a bit... I am a bit leary of that fact. Perhaps she is a racist.

rockdrummer said:
It's these types of generalizations that start the fire. Please say SOME in the deaf community or SOME in the hearing community. When you lump everyone together like that you are stereotyping which is an Audist attitude comming from you weither you are hearing or deaf. NOT EVERYONE in the hearing world or the deaf world have these feelings or opinions.

I agree! :gpost:

WAR over deaf Gally Prez here?!

hearing prez--->:devil: :rl: <----Gally ones

I was not Gally myself neither RIT-NTID. :zzz:

I read here about Gally protest over new prez?....that got my question about any Gally protest to get deaf cooker, deaf treasurer, deaf Vice Prez, deaf lawnmower, whatever deaf jobs at Gally? :|

Cheri said:
*nods* They want a person that knows ONLY ASL, strongly have knowledge of the Deaf Culture.
:werd:

I would rather have someone who can work with anyone than just deaf people. Imagine a person who knows only ASL and can't communicate with anyone else outside of Gallaudet. That would be sad. Tsk tsk tsk...

I understand people's concern over Jane as prez... So far Jane has seemed completely professional in my opinion and judging from her resume she is the best person for the job... Check it out at http://pr.gallaudet.edu/presidentalsearch/?ID=8646 I don't believe that you can have a resume like and not be a supporter of Deaf Culture... What do u think?

Nesmuth said:
I just picked up reliable wind thet IK Jordan is going to approve the arrest of protesters at 3pm today.

Found the source of this wind! http://www.xanga.com/elisa_abenchuchan/480873657/item.html

Take a look!

Richard

Yeah, I just vp someone at gally. Interesting, the deaf lawyer asked the police officer for the warrant...ha ha ha. There is nothing that police can do...

Got a memo from Gally.

May 4, 2006
MEMORANDUM
TO: Campus Community
FR: I. King Jordan
RE: The Gallaudet University Campus IS NOT locked-down

A flyer was distributed on campus today stating that the campus was under lock-down today. This is absolutely incorrect. It is the obligation of the administration to ensure the free movement of faculty, students and staff about campus, as well as on and off campus. Any disruption of normal campus business will not be tolerated. Anyone who attempts to disrupt campus business will be subject to legal action.

Also, Celia May Baldwin, Chair of the Board of Trustees, has agreed to meet with students, faculty, staff and alumni leaders via VP this evening. She and they will discuss the issues concerning each of those groups. Ms. Baldwin will send a summary of those conversations out to the campus community tomorrow.

Alright! I hope the police arrest those students! Hooray!

i concur thier not thinking of the well being of student's health think about those who mihgt have grand mal seizures who can not have stress factors on them, and the blockage is definetly a major fire hazard. IMO they cld have done better with the protest! using petions, going to various townhall meetings and standing up to be be heard. and if u don't like whats happening theres plenty of other universities but pls note here I AM not going to state whos side i am on. i care abt the poeple not the immaurity of the protest.

VamPyroX said:
:werd:

I would rather have someone who can work with anyone than just deaf people. Imagine a person who knows only ASL and can't communicate with anyone else outside of Gallaudet. That would be sad. Tsk tsk tsk...

:werd: I totally agree with you there, I rather to see someone who can communicate not only just those from Gally but outside as well too...

I personally think she will do well on both sides...

Originally Posted by VamPyroX

^Angel^ said:
:werd: I totally agree with you there, I rather to see someone who can communicate not only just those from Gally but outside as well too...

I personally think she will do well on both sides...

I did not know that you still prefer deaf impaired people...

Why dont you try vp (videophone) Gally student? Oh, that's right...you still have dial-up Interent. :whistle:

Correct me if I am wrong about VamPyroX's logical statement...

Mookie said:

Why dont you try vp (videophone) Gally student? Oh, that's right...you still have dial-up Interent. :whistle:

Pardon me?...Yes I can't view the videos from my computer cause I have dail up, so your point is what?

Angel, I would tell you what his point is but it is not fit to print here. :)

oh boy here we go with this protest again THUD

i remember this 1988 gally protest and now 18 years later we go thou with that again

Mookie said:

Correct about what?

VamPyroX said:
Alright! I hope the police arrest those students! Hooray!

Am working for Gallaudet Residence Hall, they said there were not true abt arrest students, so story was make up, I guess or try to threat on all students...

moonflower said:
oh boy here we go with this protest again THUD

i remember this 1988 gally protest and now 18 years later we go thou with that again

I worked with staffs this morning who are alumni from Gallaudet. From their perspective it is very ridiculous to protester against JK. They just wanted to become history to pride of themselves. No big deal !

Hearing world is toooo POWERFUL... Oppressive on Deaf (we are the ants). Hearing smashed us mashed ants on the ground.

Alumni Gallaudet predicts that Gallaudet University will become a museum because all of the Deaf people will be gone due to mainstream and cochlear implants. Deaf School, Deaf Club, Deaf Olympic, etc. etc... will be felling apart within 100 years later. Our Deaf generation will be gone due to hearing people oppressive on our fourth or fifth generation Deaf family. :(

Back