Gallaudet Protests

Now they're calling it BPN now *BEST PRESIDENT NOW*

Oh boy, here we go again!

First, deaf people bitch and complain that hearing people won't accept them. Yet, deaf people bitch and complain that they don't want a hearing person (or a hard-of-hearing person) to work for them. :roll:

VamPyroX said:

First, deaf people bitch and complain that hearing people won't accept them. Yet, deaf people bitch and complain that they don't want a hearing person (or a hard-of-hearing person) to work for them. :roll:

Yeah, I agree with you 100%. I never understood why deaf people do that. It doesnt make sense at all.

Congratulations Jane Fernandes for getting the throne. Jane herself was probably the most safest selection of the 3 choices.

I'm sure the message from this selection is bold.

KAPPA GAMMA DOESNT BELONG IN GALLAUDET LEADERSHIP ANY MORE!

Richard

From my understanding, Deaf people are trying to keep our deaf culture strong and would like to see more deaf employees becoming an executive officier in the high level management among the hearing employees. That way it will give a better role model for our deaf children. Actually, it is very rare for deaf person to have that high profile opportunity.

That is reason we are fighting about.

I was told by friends at gally about Jane. The main reason why they are protesting is beause she was cold to everybody. She wasnt very friendly to ppl and felt shes not very warm person and of course they cherish deaf culture since she seems doesnt care about it. (according to them..)

kawatir said:
have you university of deaf ???

Are you asking if any of us go to Gallaudet?

If that is what you are asking, then in my case, no.

VamPyroX said:

Haha isn't that paradox?

Ages Old Philosophy

hootster said:
Yeah, I agree with you 100%. I never understood why deaf people do that. It doesnt make sense at all.

"You have to be Deaf to understand that!"

:whistle:

Nesmuth said:
Congratulations Jane Fernandes for getting the throne. Jane herself was probably the most safest selection of the 3 choices.

I'm sure the message from this selection is bold.

KAPPA GAMMA DOESNT BELONG IN GALLAUDET LEADERSHIP ANY MORE!

Richard
I heard about that rumor. Seems that a lot of Kappa Gamma alumnus are abusing their power. Someone told me that if you weren't a Kappa Gamma member on Gallaudet's baseball team, the coach (a Kappa Gamma alumni) would give those students a hard time. Another example would be if Kappa Gamma did something wrong, they would be given a slap on the wrist. If another fraternity or sorority did something wrong, they would be severely punished.

hootster said:

Umm, don't you hearing people constantly complain about things but never do anything to solve them or make things better? It's the same principle...

VamPyroX said:
I heard about that rumor. Seems that a lot of Kappa Gamma alumnus are abusing their power. Someone told me that if you weren't a Kappa Gamma member on Gallaudet's baseball team, the coach (a Kappa Gamma alumni) would give those students a hard time. Another example would be if Kappa Gamma did something wrong, they would be given a slap on the wrist. If another fraternity or sorority did something wrong, they would be severely punished.

I have (non-KG) friends who play on various athletic teams, including baseball, and I've never heard them say anything about being treated unfairly or unjustly.

Pluto said:
Umm, don't you hearing people constantly complain about things but never do anything to solve them or make things better? It's the same principle...

Uhh, I m deaf.

And no, its not the same thing.

LisaMarie said:
Ahem... Gally is a university for the deaf.... ? is that what u want to know?

Yes, it's only Deaf University in the world. Yet, Jane is first female president of Gally. I was hope for Heather Whitestone. :/

kidding!!! :D

hootster said:
It's these types of generalizations that start the fire. Please say SOME in the deaf community or SOME in the hearing community. When you lump everyone together like that you are stereotyping which is an Audist attitude comming from you weither you are hearing or deaf. NOT EVERYONE in the hearing world or the deaf world have these feelings or opinions.

ayala920 said:
I have (non-KG) friends who play on various athletic teams, including baseball, and I've never heard them say anything about being treated unfairly or unjustly.
As I said, it was a rumor. I don't know anything about it myself. I haven't been there. So, I'm not going to say if it's true or not.

There's another claiming that the majority of the yearbook staff are KG members. If you were to flip through the yearbooks, you'll see that all of the pictures of the clock tower show 7:01 which is the same as military time... 1901. 1901 is the founding date for KG.

I've tried to find out if it's true, but I could never get anywhere on the Gallaudet website. The organizations part doesn't work. The search engine sucks. There's too many dead links. A lot of old pages are gone. There's no archives of anything. Even the yearbook website isn't done. That's bad publicity. Tsk tsk tsk...

rockdrummer said:
It's these types of generalizations that start the fire. Please say SOME in the deaf community or SOME in the hearing community. When you lump everyone together like that you are stereotyping which is an Audist attitude comming from you weither you are hearing or deaf. NOT EVERYONE in the hearing world or the deaf world have these feelings or opinions.

Maybe I typed that out fast and forgot to put 'some'?

Jeez....chill. People make mistakes sometimes.

hootster said:
Maybe I typed that out fast and forgot to put 'some'?

Jeez....chill. People make mistakes sometimes.

*off topic*
It's all good. I am so chilled my nipples are hard. I didn't mean to jump on you it's just that I see arguments break out over this kind of thing and then the thread goes off topic drastically over a misunderstanding. Thank you for clearing it up though.

Back