GA illegal immigration bill ruins crops

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other point that is being missed is that the overall objective and function of slavery was for cheap agricultural labor.

That is the exact same overall objective and function of hiring illegal immigrants. Those who support this are breaking the law, they are also supporting slavery.

Meh. I would say the same about those who do not support livable wages in any industry.

I am sorry...the Mexicans are at fault for everything that is wrong with this country.

Mexico is suing Georgia for HB 87. There is a lot to be said when Mexico does not want their own citizens back.

As I've posted before, slavery is neither good nor endorsed by God.

People who have attempted to use the Bible to justify slavery did so only to get society's approval. They didn't really care what God thought about slavery. It's the same with any sin. One can always find and twist some verse to justify committing one's preferred sin.

Slavery is mentioned in the Bible because it was a fact of life for the cultures of that time. Other practices, not condoned by God, are also mentioned in the Bible. That doesn't mean God approved of them. It means the Bible documented life as it really was, and that it showed the consequences of those practices. The Bible also explains how God set down laws to mitigate the actions of disobedient people.

Leviticus 25 verse 25 begins the rules set down by God about slavery, follow it to the end of the chapter. For one to follow the way of God means to do the right things according to God and that is good.
God didn't say that slavery was "good" in that passage. He provided laws that limited the slavery that was already in existence at that time, and He also provided ways for those who were in bondage to be redeemed.

God has to deal with some very hard-headed, rough people.

This is one of the reasons why I dont believe in religion. Slavery is NEVER a good thing.
God did not create slavery. There's no reason to blame Him.

I can't speak for all religions and their beliefs.

I didnt know that there is a such thing as disorganized religion? :confused:
Well, if there is such a thing as organized religion, it stands to reason that there must also be disorganized religion.

So, are people against religion, or against organization? ;)

Mexico is suing Georgia for HB 87. There is a lot to be said when Mexico does not want their own citizens back.

Yes, it says the rich and affluent rulers of that country don't give a fuck about their own people, especially the poor, and do their damnedest to pawn them off on us. Fuck Mexico and it's bullshit lawsuit. They shouldn't be having ANY influence or say in the running of this country. These people are invaders ...and historically every time stuff like this happened it constituted an act of war. So, does this mean Mexico has declared war on the U.S.? Sure as hell seems like it. :pissed:

As we say down south, that article is a bunch of hogwash. Previously unemployed Georgian's are now finding jobs in agriculture thanks to that bill.

That would be "legal Americans" who are now employed. Don't step in the BS. Crop harvesting is rife with damaged crops, every year. Nothing to see here ....

If unemployed Georgians were willing to do the work, illegal immigrants wouldn't be necessary.:cool2:

Then you misunderstood me. I said they got "paid" by having room and board provided. In many cases, what we call "medical bills" were also paid.

I in no way implied that they had a "good life" - that was your implication, not mine.

My implication was that slaves were treated better than many of the illegal migrant workers of today.

Read up on the Fair Labaor Standard Act sometime.

The businesses that hire illegals are comparable to slave drivers.

I really had hoped that this kind of justification and blantant racism was a thing of the past.

This is just so wrong, on so many levels,

and I hope they get decent working wages and benefits but I on't think the farmers will be too keen on this.

And neither will the American public when the produce prices triple or quadruple.

I am sorry...the Mexicans are at fault for everything that is wrong with this country.

According to Steinhauer, the Blacks and the mentally ill are responsible along with the Mexicans.:roll:

You know, I could not even stomach reading all of this thread. Some of the comments actually made me want to puke.

Reba might read it to say "bondsman and bondsmaid", depends on which version used. Nevertheless, it is God's approval of servitude but with rules and restrictions.
No, it doesn't say that God approved of involuntary servitude (slavery). God acknowledged that slavery existed in those cultures. He provided a way of redemption out of slavery.

If unemployed Georgians were willing to do the work, illegal immigrants wouldn't be necessary.:cool2:

Just another liberal attempting to turn this into a racist issue (just wait ... it will eventually happen), whom also supports slavery by claiming legal residents of Georgia should work for $1.00 or less per hour doing hard labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back