GA illegal immigration bill ruins crops

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the reasons why I dont believe in religion. Slavery is NEVER a good thing.
For the record, it was a small group of devout religious people who saw slavery as evil and started a campaign to abolish it in late eighteenth century England. Although slavery was widely accepted in England at the time, their activism eventually led to the demise of slavery in the Western world.

While some used religion as justification for slavery, others used the same religion as inspiration to abolish it, and they won.

I completely agree Steinhauer. I live in GA...and if anything is causing issues with the crops it's the weather, not this load of bullshit this article is spewing. What most of these bleeding heart morons don't realize is that people are NOT against LEGAL immigration...but having thousands upon thousands of these illegals swarming over here to drop "anchor babies" and get government benefits is WRONG. It is against the law to start with...we don't need more laws...we just need a government willing to enforce the laws already there..not make new ones. But, many states have had to take matters into their own hands to address the growing problem of illegals in the country.

Farmers whining about how they've lost their cheap labor just because they don't wanna have to pay a real American citizen a decent wage is just too damned bad. Suck it up and get over it. They should be glad they aren't getting a big ass fine for hiring illegals to start with. Anyone who knowingly hires illegals should be punished where it hurts the most...in the wallet.

As we say down south, that article is a bunch of hogwash. Previously unemployed Georgian's are now finding jobs in agriculture thanks to that bill.

That would be "legal Americans" who are now employed. Don't step in the BS. Crop harvesting is rife with damaged crops, every year. Nothing to see here ....

What do you mean by "God's slavery is good"?

Leviticus 25 verse 25 begins the rules set down by God about slavery, follow it to the end of the chapter. For one to follow the way of God means to do the right things according to God and that is good.

Migrant workers also have a place to live. and last I heard, migrant workers didn't get abducted from their homes, dragged across the sea painfully bound in chains, unable to move except to roll over, lying in their own puke, feces and urine, resulting in killing half of the slaves on board, then end up in a foreign country where they had less rights than livestock, they got whipped, beaten, killed, raped, lynched, segregated, their children taken from them and sold to other people, their very lives threatened by their own masters and overseers on a daily basis, the list goes on and on and on. And you say they had it better than migrant workers today? Seriously? you tell me to brush up on the Labour Standard Act, there was no Labour Standard Act for slaves but I majored in History in University and am fairly well versed in the history of slavery in America. I'm just stunned that you, as an American don't know all of this already and is actually claiming slaves were treated better than many migrant workers today. I mean, what??

You are absolutely correct, illegal aliens made a willful choice to violate the law.

No, my implication was that you're an incoherent racist moron. That's all. :wave:

My implication is that you are doing the knee jerk accusation of racism that is typical of liberals who cannot make a valid point.

LOL! I'm sorry but you think whites will work for cheap labor? nope.

We'll pay more.

59785328113_0_ALB.jpg

Ewell Razor, other than his stint in WWII and Korea, he was a crop picker his entire life.

So were his brothers. So was his father and uncles. So were his sons, until they were driven out of business by your so called "cheap labor" (which means hiring illegals).

So ... who is the racist? That happened to be my family's business .... as well as a LOT of other American families.

Leviticus 25 verse 25 begins the rules set down by God about slavery, follow it to the end of the chapter. For one to follow the way of God means to do the right things according to God and that is good.

There have been many theological studies regarding "slavery" in the Bible. The modern usage of the term "slavery" comes from the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.

The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade did not exist when the Bible was translated. The term "slave" comes from the Hebrew word "ebed". An "ebed" has different meanings. It means "servant", it also means "debtor" and it also means "prisoner of war".

Guatanamo has many "ebeds".

59785328113_0_ALB.jpg

Ewell Razor, other than his stint in WWII and Korea, he was a crop picker his entire life.

So were his brothers. So was his father and uncles. So were his sons, until they were driven out of business by your so called "cheap labor" (which means hiring illegals).

So ... who is the racist? That happened to be my family's business .... as well as a LOT of other American families.

Well said. :ty:

There have been many theological studies regarding "slavery" in the Bible. The modern usage of the term "slavery" comes from the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.

The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade did not exist when the Bible was translated. The term "slave" comes from the Hebrew word "ebed". An "ebed" has different meanings. It means "servant", it also means "debtor" and it also means "prisoner of war".

Guatanamo has many "ebeds".

Reba might read it to say "bondsman and bondsmaid", depends on which version used. Nevertheless, it is God's approval of servitude but with rules and restrictions.

Steinhauer, for a closer proof that they were slaves, see Ezekiel 27 verse13

Steinhauer, for a closer proof that they were slaves, see Ezekiel 27 verse13

Story of the three Israeli slaves that refused to bow down to the king? They were prisoners of war.

Oh I see, in here, I had seen some illegal immigrants works in farm as crop picker and they got paid at $1 to $4 per hours, so not sure about legal citizens.

I don't know if federal minimum wage does apply farming jobs or not, however waiter/waitress have very low paying (like $2-$3 per hour) + tips, it was huge disaster if customers don't pay tips, even if it is good service.

Disgusting post. Of course federal minimum wage laws apply to farming jobs. :roll:

Even a Rabbi would disagree with you. The whole chapter is about merchants and the trades and these three were "the persons of men" (slaves) traders.

Nevertheless, we are way, way off topic..get back to the O.P.

Disgusting post. Of course federal minimum wage laws apply to farming jobs. :roll:

Certainly does BUT with certain exceptions, just as it does with your nearby convince store and gas station. Which is why there are workers in America that are not working for mim. wage, legally not.

Even a Rabbi would disagree with you. The whole chapter is about merchants and the trades and these three were "the persons of men" (slaves) traders.

Nevertheless, we are way, way off topic..get back to the O.P.

If a Rabbi disagrees, then he can just use his yarmulke as a frisbee and I still won't care.

Another thing, just to say "migrant" as in migrant worker does not infer any legality on their status to work in the United States. Secondly, just because these migrant workers present their documents to their employer doesn't mean that their documents are legal and valid in a H-2A or I-9 program for foreign workers. What many people do not realize is that employers, say on a cherry farm, cannot question or verify those documents given to them or the employer would be subject to a lawsuit either from the federal government, the Department of Justice, or from the migrant worker him/herself. In this business such as the agriculture they deal with a lot of fraudulent documents. But are not allowed to verify those documents. They cannot question any documents presented if it appears to be filled out correctly. This is what my aunt and her husband have to deal with every year on their huge cherry farm in the The Dalles, Oregon. We have discussed this numerous times. Their hands are tied and must accept an I-9 document at face value that identifies a migrant worker as being eligible to work in the U.S.

I've no problems with LEGAL immigration or that documents are required to be verified before hiring a worker if it can be done in a streamlined manner that is efficient to do. And has a quick turnaround time since many ranchers and agriculture businesses need to have on hand workers in short order. They cannot afford to wait for a long time until a migrant worker is identified as being eligible to work.

kokonut, it has been and always will be my position that ILLEGALS do not take away jobs from Americans. ILLEGAL take away jobs from LEGALS, who are in their homes waiting on approval of paper work to come and do those jobs legally.

kokonut, it has been and always will be my position that ILLEGALS do not take away jobs from Americans. ILLEGAL take away jobs from LEGALS, who are in their homes waiting on approval of paper work to come and do those jobs legally.

Hmm.... I do somewhat agree with you on this.

We will see in the aftermath of those relatively new laws. Is America up to the challenge to take over for illegal immigrants? Business/Economic wise? Going to keep my eye on that.

By the way.... about the comparison of people back in WWII working labor jobs to NOW is not a very good comparison. Labor jobs were the norm back then... technology has developed so much since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back