GA illegal immigration bill ruins crops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I foresaw her using the race card. She used it when Arizona passed their immigration reform bill. Then, when Obama sued Arizona, she was not up to par on current events and when it was announced that the US Supreme Court ruled in Arizona's favor in regards to that bill, she was like "Who was the idiot who sued?" (not realizing Obama did) :giggle:

Yeah ... debate is not her forte.

so everything is racist to you if somebody argues against it?

Seems to me the a lot of people are missing the point here...it is AGAINST THE LAW for these people to be here. It is AGAINST THE LAW to pay anything lower than established minimum wage. Why should American citizens be willing to work for $1.90 an hour?
Correction - the question is.... why are American citizens hiring and paying people lower than minimum wage?

Even LEGAL immigrants are pissed off about the illegals swarming over here and not having to go through the legal channels they had to BY LAW go through. Legal immigrants had to learn English, and basic laws of being a citizen of this country. They had to assimilate to some degree and were more than willing to do so.
but... majority of criminals are Americans. and a huge portion of Americans do not know their civic lessons. You might want to think about why and how this country has become a sue-trigger-happy country, making everything difficult and expensive. Makes you wonder why companies are cutting corners. Wanna blame somebody for making our lives difficult?

Hint - it all began with old white woman.

Why should the tax payers of this country pay out millions of dollars to accommodate illegals by having everything printed out in spanish language?
but... what about our legal residents with green cards? I thank them for accommodating my mom with Korean-printed documents. Chance is - I pay more taxes than you and I ain't complaining :cool2: Call me elitist if you want but I believe taxpayers get to complain if they pay taxes the most.

Why isn't that money used to help fund programs to accommodate Deaf people? Or Blind People? Or help the poor and homeless Americans? Or help fund our schools better? Or help the Elderly?
We are but a big problem is not illegals... it's the Americans who are scamming the system.

Mexico needs to get it's shit straightened out and help it's own people. They are NOT America's responsibility. We need to clean up our own country and help our own people before trying to take care of everyone else's problems.
It's not Mexico... it's us. It would be nice if America would stop interfering with other countries' affairs and it would also be nice if our country is not heavily influenced by corporations especially defense contractors :cool2:

hint hint - look at the bills we pay to our defense contractors and private corporations to fix our messes... and then compare it to cost we pay to other countries to fix their problems

right on time ... my statement was true. You were going to pull out the race card eventually.

I never said I saw racism in that particular statement. I saw you pulling out that tired and worn out card in plenty of other posts.

Are you a native of Georgia? Do you live here IN Georgia...have ever even visited GA at all?

in other word.... the only people who pulled out the race card is both of you...

putting words in somebody's mouth, I see.... :nono: Either it did happen or it didn't. Assumption... when you make an assumption, you make an......... ? :)

AMEN :gpost:

The whole issue of racism is stirred up when the left needs support or money (and the left isn't the only ones who do this, just the most recent ones). It is easy for them to demonize the right by labelling them as racists.

Often times, it is forgotten that it was the Republican party that ended slavery. It is the Republican party that is currently putting an end to the exploitation of illegal migrant workers by the E-Verify laws.

The left wants the continued exploitation of illegals so they can have cheap products (as is blatantly obvious by several posts in this thread). They want to make voting citizens out of illegal criminals so they can continue to exploit illegal aliens.

That, my friend, is evil at its finest.

The Republican indeed did end slavery more than a hundred years ago but then parties change their idealogies. I would not have been a democrat during the 1860s.

I lean more in favor of Democrats than Repclans because they fit my idealogy better.

I have a few questions for you? Who hires the illegals? Which party are they more likely to support? Let me point out something here. If you're anti-union but do not want to pay people a decent wage for a hard day's work and you don't want to pay for workers benefits, then hiring illegals is what you're going to do. If I'm not mistaken, such people are more likely to vote Republican though I have no doubt that some liberals will do the same thing.

If the people do not want illegals picking up tomatoes or other crops, farmers will eventally have to pay higher wages and the the people will have to pay higher food prices as well.

Personally, I think that those who hire illegals should be punished.

White privilege? No such creature. You haven't a fucking clue what you are talking about. Pathetic. IF white privilege existed then there would have NEVER been nor would there still be white people who are homeless, starving, who can not afford medical care, etc.

I have NEVER had "white privilege". Can't have something that doesn't exist. If I had the mythical "white privilege" then I would NOT have grown up poor, nor lived on the street homeless and digging my meals out of fucking dumpster. I would NOT have scraped AND slaved at shit jobs like working on a cow farm shoveling shit and piss to have some pocket money to take back to my TENT. No food stamps and welfare check for ME...I didn't qualify.

Yep, that's "white *spit* priviledge" :fu2:

Eh? Certainly white privilege exists. Even among the homeless.

God didn't say that slavery was "good" in that passage. He provided laws that limited the slavery that was already in existence at that time, and He also provided ways for those who were in bondage to be redeemed.

God has to deal with some very hard-headed, rough people.

Sorry Reba, I'm going to have to be hard-headed here and try to get around the "no religion" rule.
You and I can recall a certain biblical character who wanted to take a girl for wife but the father of the girl said "No" As the story says, God TOLD him to go into servitude of the father to win the girl. There is not enough space for what could have happened during those years of servitude (i.e. death of a character) but the effect was the guy was a slave hoping his payment would be a girl's hand.

Also for the fact that you, and others, think God did not approve of servitude/slavery, let me use this God was aware there was adultery everywhere but God did NOT make rules for adultery not approve to let it continue.....in otherwords stop it right NOW. MAN'S slavery is neither good nor legal. But, as you know, to follow God's way is good. The problem is people get the two mixed up. Therefore, God set down the rules for servitude/slavery not only for the "servant/slave" to have to follow but also for the servant master. Following these rules made sure everyone was happy.

Looks like people are pushing the lil ol' guilt trip for being "white" and all the so-called privileges that come with it.

I've nothing to be ashamed for my own skin color.

Looks like people are pushing the lil ol' guilt trip for being "white" and all the so-called privileges that come with it.

There's a difference between being aware of privilege and being given a "guilt trip" or told to "feel guilty" or whatever because of it.

If you think it doesn't exist, run through this checklist:

• I can arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  • I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed because of my race.
  • I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  • When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilization,” I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
  • I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  • I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the food I grew up with, into a hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can deal with my hair.
  • Whether I use checks, credit cards, or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial responsibility.
  • I am not made acutely aware that my shape, bearing, or body odor will be taken as a reflection on my race.
  • I can worry about racism without being seen as self-interested or self-seeking.
  • I can take a job or enroll in a college with an affirmative action policy without having my co-workers or peers assume I got it because of my race.
  • I can be late to a meeting without having the lateness reflect on my race.
  • I can choose public accommodation with out fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated.
  • I am never asked to speak for all of the people of my racial group.
  • I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk with the “person in charge” I will be facing a person of my race.
  • If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven’t been singled out because of my race.
  • I can easily by posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys, and children’s magazines featuring people of my race.
  • I can choose blemish cover or bandages in “flesh” color and have them more or less match my skin.
  • I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  • I can walk into a classroom and know I will not be the only member of my race.
  • I can enroll in a class at college and be sure that the majority of my professors will be of my race.

How many of these apply to you?

This doesn't mean you should be made to "feel guilty" or anything similar because of that, but denial of this either being the case or of this being of any benefit at all is simply an exercise in ignorance.

Similar lists, of course, could be made for gender, hearing/deaf status, sexual orientation, etc.

The Republican indeed did end slavery more than a hundred years ago but then parties change their idealogies. I would not have been a democrat during the 1860s.

I lean more in favor of Democrats than Repclans because they fit my idealogy better.

I have a few questions for you? Who hires the illegals? Which party are they more likely to support? Let me point out something here. If you're anti-union but do not want to pay people a decent wage for a hard day's work and you don't want to pay for workers benefits, then hiring illegals is what you're going to do. If I'm not mistaken, such people are more likely to vote Republican though I have no doubt that some liberals will do the same thing.

If the people do not want illegals picking up tomatoes or other crops, farmers will eventally have to pay higher wages and the the people will have to pay higher food prices as well.

I also should mention that a Republican signed the ADA into law

I also should mention that a Republican signed the ADA into law.
Personally, I think that those who hire illegals should be punished.

If they changed ideologies (as so many have claimed) why are the majority of the democrats in my state supporting slave labor ... er ... I mean ... the hiring of illegals?

They are being racist.

If they changed ideologies (as so many have claimed) why are the majority of the democrats in my state supporting slave labor ... er ... I mean ... the hiring of illegals?

Most liberals are in favor of making the immigration process easier and more widely available, including by illegal immigrants, so that they can become legal immigrants. We support the workers, not the hire-ers.

Comments regarding the unwillingness of most legal citizens to do the work the illegal immigrants are doing is a rhetorical point showing the hypocrisy of those who are in favor of demonizing the immigrants (rather than those who exploit them). After all, unless conservatives are talking about them scary Mexicans invading our holy and pure country, they absolutely abhor minimum wage laws, because it thwarts the genius hand of Ayn Ra, er, the Free Market.

I should also mention that a Republican signed the ADA into law.

Most liberals are in favor of making the immigration process easier and more widely available, including by illegal immigrants, so that they can become legal immigrants. We support the workers, not the hire-ers.

Comments regarding the unwillingness of most legal citizens to do the work the illegal immigrants are doing is a rhetorical point showing the hypocrisy of those who are in favor of demonizing the immigrants (rather than those who exploit them). After all, unless conservatives are talking about them scary Mexicans invading our holy and pure country, they absolutely abhor minimum wage laws, because it thwarts the genius hand of Ayn Ra, er, the Free Market.

That is an interesting perspective you have there defending slave labor ... er .. I mean illegal hiring.

That is an interesting perspective you have there defending slave labor ... er .. I mean illegal hiring.

I hire hispanics for a lot of my hard jobs. The fact that I know they are hard workers who can stand the heat of a sweltering day doesn't make me racist. They are a hardy stock and no wonder we use them in the fields. I pay them a minimum of $12.50 an hour, though.

That's an interesting lack of ability to read you have there.

I read it just fine.

I have no problem with the hiring of LEGAL immigrants regardless of race. In fact, I helped a man from Turkey pass his citizenship yesterday. If he had decided to gain employment as an illegal, I would not have supported him.

The fact that I would not have supported criminal behaviour gives me an idea of what you consider racism.

Beowulf - um.....you hire Mexicans because they are hardy stock who can stand the sweltering heat and no wonder you use them to work in the fields?

I wonder what Mexicans would have to say to that...

Beowulf - um.....you hire Mexicans because they are hardy stock who can stand the sweltering heat and no wonder you use them to work in the fields?

I wonder what Mexicans would have to say to that...

I don't know if they are Mexicans. I do not check their papers. I think they will certainly agree about their toughness. Call it racial pride on their part. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back