Funny Pet Stories and How did you come up with your pets name?

I have pet birds in my backyard even though I can't name them all. LOL
I do have a couple of wild rabbits in the spring and I was shocked to find a jack rabbit here few days ago! They are from the desert. :shock: I think I will call him bbnt because he is from Arizonia. :mrgreen:

My cat is a ginger coloured cat... so... ta da his name is Ginger. LOL. Very unoriginal I know but I needed a name with two syllables only and it suited him, plus I could say it. My boyfriend's cat is called Dusty and that's because she has a dusty looking fur, and so she looks as if she has dust on her.

I was raised to have many pets...
One I never forget is Great Dane (big dog) when I was a little girl...
the Great Dane came to greet me when I came home from school holiday... He/She jumped over me & push me down & licked my face... He/She is too big for me... ha ha
I had Miska, the mongrol loving dog... She had puppies 5 or 6 times because my mother can´t afford to get her to Vet to have an sterilsed... My mother got an idea how to protect Miska to have more puppies. She cut my young sister´s old jogging pant around the hole to fit Miska´s tail to protect her against male dogs & wear her... It´s really laugh when Miska play outside with wear jogging pant... Everyone laughed & thought it´s not bad idea to save Vet expense... Unfortunalately it doesn´t work because the male dogs can pulled jogging pant away from Miska, then finish her off... She´s pregnant... My mom is mad.... She´s my favorite dog... My mom can´t afford to keep her anymore so put her sleep...

One year later after married we got Sussi, the cat in 1986... She´s still alive now... She´ll be 18 years old on 7th July 2004.... She still look young & pretty.... very loving cat.... She followed us everywhere like dog...

She sat on the chair to watch us to have our meals... She´s very respect cat & knew that we forbid her to walk on the table or pinch anything... She loves ham, butter, coffee cream or whipped cream... She knew straight way when she saw her favourite on the table... She claw my hand or arm with her paw with her impression look "PLEASE GIVE ME ONE".

<--Own a Dalmatian named Pongo after this:

pongo.gif

Defee-- Im not sure if Smokey is a Russian Blue... Well it started out by a stray cat come to our house and was drinking water on the deck for our doggies outside.. So we kept the stray cat and named her Shadow.. Then it turned out that she had babies! :eek: We didnt know.. But we still kept her anyway.. She had six babies.. I had 7 cats then... I had Bubba (old cat of mom's died from stomach cancer in '98), Shadow (mother of babies!!) Then five kittens named Smokey, Friendly (ran away in '02), Curly (died in '95 while stuck in the garage...it was an accident.. she got stuck there while we opened up the garage.. there was no blood or anything but she broke a lot of bones.. it was sad...), Mike (ran away when kitten), and a premature kitten died anyway.. :( So thats why I dont know what kind of cat Smokey is.. I have no idea what Shadow's father was and what kind she was.. :dunno:

Liebling-- Thats just a cute story that you put in.. Thats sad that you had a great dane and put her to sleep.. I would keep her, I dont care about having babies to much! Sounds like you have a real cute cat right now! Stuart (my orange kitty) does that.. when we are eating at the table he puts his paws on my leg and goes "merroooww" :lol: I give it to him anyway.. Hes starting to get fat now because of me... heheh.. I cant resist.. :)

My first cat was called Bo Mac. I chose that name because it was easy for me to pronounce it. My deceased neighbour always thought his name was Beau! After Bo Mac passed on.

Then I got a Ragdoll cat and called him Samson. After the guy in the Bible. Samson the guy in Bible was the one who had a long hair and if it's not cut, he'll remain strong. I thought my cat was strong and he'll be weak if his fur was all cut off, heh. So, Samson it is.

I've had heaps of cats throughout my life -- I'll try to remember all of them! :lol:

Gretchen - family cat, domestic tan and black calico (she was like 15 years old when she died in 1986, I think.)

Natasha - dunno why we named her that...same breed as Gretchen. (was only 2 years old as she was hit by a car in 1977)

Minnie - sister's cat, actually...silver/black/white tabby. (hit by a train in 1977)

Smokey - long haired greyish black (3 years old when disappeared in 1978) (also Minnie's kitten)

Blackie - sister's cat from Minnie (poisoned when he was 2 years old - don't know who did it...in 1979)

Freebie - orange/white/black calico - I got her for free hence the name. She went missing in 1986 - was about 3.)

KittyKan - sis's cat - black domestic shorthair. Lived to a ripe age of 21 - died in 1999)

Sobriety - silver/white/black tabby - I got her while I was in Los Angeles in rehab and was sober from drugs and alcohol at the time, hence the name. :) Got her in 1992 and she went missing in 1999.

Halloween - all black domestic shorthair - missing in 1999, too.

Marlena and Billie - sisters from Halloween's (mum) - both also went missing in 1999 - **My mum thinks it was the County of Sonoma that took all of my cats as a neighbour kept complaining that Mum had too many cats. (she was looking after 8 cats at the time) (Names are pretty obvious - am a big fan of DOOL - Days Of Our Lives)

Spottie -black/white domestic - went missing too in 1999.

Mickie - grey shorthair - went missing for a while and reappeared 6 months later -- turns out she got adopted by a neighbour down the road. Still there - about 10 years old now.

Mink - longhair grey moggy - went missing in 1999.

Now currently, I have 2 cats with me -- both burmeses. One is Sable brown, name is Rosie (professional name is Tyrone Little Rose). The other is a Blue Tortie - called Pizza. :P (Her professional name is Meaux Purretti Confetti.)

Phew...that's a lot of cats throughout my 33 years! :lol:

Oh yeah..I had one other cat before I got Pizza -- his name was Tonka --also a burmese - chocolate seal point. (gave away to a friend - still there, is 3 years old.)

Last edited:
How did I come up with my pets name?

I have four cats and one dog, but I've named two of the cats.

I named my second cat Trigger. I was 9 years old when I first got Trigger, who was too young to be leaving his mother. I wanted to give him a cool name. I thought of Pooh Bear and Tigger, who had gray and black stripes, just like my cat. I watched my cat dart up and down the stairs and thought of 'Trigger' just like that.

My mother named my very first dog, a Golden Retriever, Brandy. My mother named Brandy after the drink and the song 'Brandy, Brandy,...'. And one of my best friends has a Golden Retriever puppy and his mother named the dog Brandy! Weird huh?

Two years ago, it was winter. My family opened the garage door to see a small kitten meowing. It had been left by its mother. My mother did not want another cat (we had two cats and one dog at the time). The next day we went to the vet, and I got to keep him. I decided to name the kitten 'Chance' because he got another chance in life.

I have a cat named tweek. He's always hyper and he likes to pretend he's on drugs. (For reals!) He's grey, and a beautiful cat. I love him, I never seen him anymore because we got a new puppy. (*grrr*) A pure bred pitbull (All american terrier) chocolate color, with white on his chest. he's really cute, but he LOVES to attack my cat, so he's never around. (Named him rover) I miss him. :(

our last cat that we had.. hes all white and double toes.. we gave him away because of no pets in this house.. his name was "Oh Baby".. but later, I realized how funny because i forgot all about it some people or myself are making love.. people think i am calling out and moaning.. ;-x "Oh baby.. Oh baby.. kitty .. here kitty..Oh baby!" lol..
(snickers)..

MsGiglz said:
our last cat that we had.. hes all white and double toes.. we gave him away because of no pets in this house.. his name was "Oh Baby".. but later, I realized how funny because i forgot all about it some people or myself are making love.. people think i am calling out and moaning.. ;-x "Oh baby.. Oh baby.. kitty .. here kitty..Oh baby!" lol..
(snickers)..
:rofl: you are funny! i can imagine that! thats what my hubby says to me
when we ummm ya know! LOL!

Defee, hmmmm, no I don't know....spit it out for this moron. :mrgreen: :ily:

I just wanted to share something...I never forget my sheltie dog...when she was puppy at this time...as my family used to own little "high stool" sofa...so therefore my sheltie dog would always escape and run under this sofa (this kind sofa is SUCK...I hate this stupid sofa!!!), she would end up trying to chew out of foundation of the sofa...I was like huh what kind of sheltie I am owning haha...it is strange behavior...until my family replaced new fresh all brand new sofa...so she stop running under the sofa...she become very smart and can be "hearing dog" she always communicate with me all the time...I am thankful for her! I cant image if she is gone rite now...she is one of my best dog I owned!

well.. i had a cat name Bear cuz he act like bear as in lazy way.. soo some of you had seen bear in the pic somewhere...

right now im living with 2 dogs,3 cats, 3 fishes, and 2 birds.. crazy in the house! hehe

I have four pets. They all are so adorable! First of all, I met my boyfriend again, he already had a cat named Taffy. I dont know why he chose the name Taffy but anyway, she is really a circus cat! She can walk on her two hind legs.

Dec. 2003 - I was at my grandparents' farm for Christmas. They had bunch of kittens in the barn. My sister wanted a cat so she went in there and took one. I went in there to check the kittens out and came across this little runt. She didn't look so good so I felt bad for her. My boyfriend told me "why dont you take her?" Thanks to him, I took her home with me. I saved her life. She only had 50% chance of living - was told by the vet. She means the world to me! I named her Shamika... I just wanted a name that is different and unique. She is my road buddy.

Feb. 2004, a day after Valentine .. we went to this animal shelter because my guy wanted a dog. We took home this rottweiler named Angel. She is truly an angel from above. She already knew sign language when we took her in with us.

Aug. 2004 - My sister saved this dog's life - that dog was covered with ticks and etc. She couldn't take care of him because she had many other pets as well. So, I had this big heart so I took him in with us. My sister already named him Diesel. I don't know why.. maybe because of Vin Diesel? HA. He is such a cutie!

Seems like I got to run an Animal Shelter business myself, lol.

Back