Funny Pet Stories and How did you come up with your pets name?

undecisivegurl

Reaction score
Does anyone in here have any funny pet stories?? I have one thats so funny! Last week we had to get a plumber to fix out bathroom and our new kitty (Stuart) was watching him the whole time and was peeking his head out in the door and the plumber was like hey kitty and Stuart jumped and made a halloween look.. It was soo funny... My cat kept that look for like 5 minutes and was walking around with his tail all fluffed up.. It was hilarious! How I came up with Stuart is I named him after my favorite movie Kate & Leopold... The guy in that movie who was crazy and very curious like my kitty is named Stuart.. heheh! I named my other cat Rufus because his brothers name was Dufus (sadly he ran away)... My other cat is Smokey because shes gray like smoke! :lol: My dog is Riley, I didnt name him because he had three other owners before us (sadly they abused him) But hes in a good home now! I love my pets to death, they are the world to me!!!

AWWWW thats sooo cute!!! hehehe!!! i had cat name is Hearty, he had heart birth mark on his right side, that real! so my friend noticed that he had horse shoe size on his back so call him HeartLucky!

I have 4 cats here, My cat's name is Pumpkin, named her this because we got her on October.. and she is a calico with mixed colors of black, white, orange and tan.. a Halloween cat with mostly orange, tan and black. Second cat is Tigger with tan color and dark tan stripes, which is my son's cat, he decided to name him tigger cuz he likes Tigger in Winnie the Pooh :) Minette, white cat, i believe french word for female, from my grandmother (my hubby's cat i got for him for xmas :) ), and last, Fluffy, (Tigger and Minette's daughter) she was a fluff ball when she was born.. :lol:

My cat's name matches her personality...she was always a feisty little kitten...so we named her Moxie. :)

Oh, and she thinks she's a dog...when I do laundry, I fold up socks and put them on top of the dryer...she likes to steal them and play with them...and if we get them away from her little jaws, we throw the balled-up socks and she'll go fetch...literally...she will take off after the socks and bring them right back...LOL.

Malfoyish

1st Dog.. I was my nickname for long time and gave to my 1st dog.. Named Chippy.
2nd dog.. I decide name her because she has full red.. so speak french.. as such "Rogue" Rogue as Red.
3rd Dog.. she has 100% pure white.. Thought would be great name her Casper as color suitable friendly ghost name..
4th Dog.. wow, beautiful Bulldog male he has two eyed patches. Name him "Bruiser"
5th Dog: Rogue's daughter.. She misbehlf.. and decide name her Brienna.

Chippy and Casper are both passed away.. We truly miss her both.
Survouir: Rouge, Bruiser and Brienna.

1st dog - alastian called Sasha, 1987-1995
2nd dog - alastian called Candy 1988-1994
3rd dog - Rhodesian Ridgeback x Alastian called Chuck 1995-97
4th dog - Alastian called Leda 1997-1998
5th dog - Gold Labrador called Opal 1998-1999

All dogs above are deceased.

Now I only have
one golden receiver cross gold labrador called Toby 1999 -
maltese x shitu txu 3 months old puppy called Emma 2003-

Seal pointed Birman cat, called Tuna, 1999-? missing for a week! (Kidnapped I believe?) and domestic tabby cat called Oma 2000-.

Used to have few goldfishes, but they don't have their names lol

Also I forgot to mention I used to own a blue seal point Himalayan kitten, called Simba, for 7 months as he was hitted by a car in 1999.

My first dog named Missy.. I dunno who decided to call her Missy in the first place.

When I adopted Bo, I had a few list of names for Bo... One of them was Blackjack, but nah..I decided to call Bo because it is easy for me to call her Bo. LOL :twisted:

1st cat, his name was Momo and he was orange and had stripes and white patches
( my mom named him that cause it was easy for me to pronounce)
2nd cat, a calico, i called her Princess
3rd cat, a grey striped one, Macmac (one guess who named him)
4th cat (still at my mom's), my little brother named him Syria he's a beautiful domestic black longhair
and my own cat, Bishop (orange longhair tabby cat)
he's one of my loves :o

I had so many pets growing up, they came and went so I cant say what or why. But the current pets I have, are all cats.

At my mom's:

Okie - black and white patched long hair, kinda like an oreo cookie, but crumbled :D We got him from a lady who moved to California about 10 years ago, and she had named him that.

Lucky - a big fat ass brown tabby - we got this one when my dad's then girlfriend was living with us. She said someone was trying to put it in her car (she was in a bad part of town) and we named him lucky because he's lucky to have a home since he was kind of sick when we got him.

Ruby - a dainty and small short haired calico - we got her from the humane society, she was my mom's replacement for the long time cat she had, Sunshine, who died back in feb of 2002.

And then my own kitty, at home. His name is Smokey, and I named him that because he's a smoke grey/black striped long haired tabby (my guess is as good as yours.) He was actually named soemthing with 2 names but I dont recall it now, we ended up saying Smokey. He's the cutest kitten ever!! :D

I had a Golden Retriever When I Was Younger I called her Pumpkin. She went under the fence and ran away..:(

I had a Cocker Spaniel and Named Him Shadow. I gave him up to a Good Home cuz I was not allow to have Pets at my New Place. It was Tough Finding a Place that would allow Pets.

I had a Cat That was Grey and White I named her Smokey.

We've had tons of cats over the years.
My first cat was Chocolate Boy (my parents named him so I could get the concept of girl and boy straight. When my brother was born I kept calling him a girl)
then there was Aspergras, Mousam,(named after a road in Maine called Cat Mousam Road) Boogles,(found in a cranberry bog) Cuddles, Mama Cat (all cats we had from the time I was born to when we moved when I was seven and a 1/2)
then Ridgepole (found living in our house in '87) Misty (named after Misty of Chincoteauge), Nick, Shades of Grey, (Shades for short) Chuckie,(named after Rugrats) Sloopie (the song Hang on Sloopie) Our current batch is only about 3.
They include Chuckie, Spinnker (sail on a boat) and Trillogy (named after a quote from Douglas Adams who wrote the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. She was our fourth cat at the time. Anyway Douglas Adams was asked if he was going to write a fifth book in his Hitchiker's series(after writing four books) and he said that was silly b/c "How could there be five books in a Trillogy?"

I have a American Pitbull named Mac, sweetest dog in the world! I have a
funny story that happened last year, it was my husband and Mac's birthday, yep they both have same birthday! April 29th..it was so weird when we went to buy a pitbull and when the owner gave us his registry paper, it had his birthday on it..April 29th and my husband was so shocked to find out that Mac was born on his birthday..anyways, i went bought a birthday cake and had some people over, well, i advertantly left the cake on the coffee table and Mac got into the cake and ate half of it!! LOL! it was so funny to see him with cake all over his nose and mouth! Everybody cracked up! we were not mad at him, since after all, it is his birthday too!!

I have two cats, One of them is a male which my sister Cheri found it outside her apartment and It was a spray kitten it was soo skinning and dirty etc...so my sister knew I love cats and so I adopted him, When I took him a bath he had alot of fleas that were jumping up and down from his fur...also he was bleeding every time he goes to the bathroom so I took him to the vet , He has some kind of infection , flea and ticks problems too I cant remmy what kind of infection he had but he was really sick! and hasnt been eaten..so I called him Tiger because, He made it thru his hard times! Also have a female cat , her name is Luckystar ..I name her that because she was one of the five kittens at the pet store and I didnt know which ones I want ...so she was the one who was always standing up with her paws on the glass window so I Knew she was the friendiest one...she gets along with everyone! :)..

My sons has two rabbits one male ( white ) Snowy and female ( black ) Shadow ....

Well here's a little tibidt on mine,

family dog's name MAXI but we call her PAD, funny thing DAD started it NOT me ROFL , anyway shes known for her howling and now when we say puddy puddy puddy pad howls! So the PAD part came from when she came to thier home first time she was in diapers due to in heat, SO dad said hey pad she replied fine no plm ROFL! so maxi pad is her name ROFL@ and same from the kotex MAXI PAD!

Lilo's name is from the movie LILO and Stitch cuz she has a attidute LIKE lilo but im awful in S words so kept with lilo, the funniest thing she did this just yesterday hahaha mom was on the couch laying down lilo jumps up and sits on mom's face HAHAHAHAHAHA she so funny! she's laying down right now next to me, cuz of the storm can't go out too much due to high winds and etc almost time for her bathroom time then when dinner is served, then bathroom again and we'll be drying them over and over RME hahahaha

Named mine Tybee after my ex's favorite beach, Tybee Island in Georgia *his aunts used to live there* We were together and he has been telling me about this beach earlier and when I saw her eyes, her eyes were blue and her skin was like beach color and instant I thought of Tybee Island. We were together when we both picked her out. My mom fell for her siamsee features after telling me NO cats only blue eyes and happens to be deaf. Well, I came home with Tybee and told mom, "Look blue eyed cat means she's deaf!" Later realizing she wasn't deaf but sucker mom let me keep her. That was almost four years ago. Tybee still roams around the house and is quite a bully.

As for Harley, Shibby and I got her from a friend who can't have her due to having many cats so she gave us Harley, who used to be called Cali. She is a calico and we both love Harley Davidson motorcycles, and the colors on her symbolized different styles of motorcycles that HD has, so *bam* the name Harley was given to her. She's our little princess.

Last edited:
~~~Malfoyfish-- I know what you mean that your cat acts like a dog! My cat smokey is the same way! She likes to be itched in the belly and she eats dog food! I even put her on a leach and took her for a walk! Shes the weirdest but I love my smokey! I also included my other kitty Stuart which i told you guys about.. :) Thats really cool Cheri that our cats have the same name! Smokey has a little white on her chest but shes mostly gray! :wiggle: I love my animals!!
~~Defee your story was great, It made me laugh!!! :lol:
~~Aquamadien your animals are so cute! I want the siamese! So cute!!! :)

All of your stories are great and Im glad so many people have pets, they are a must to have in life!!!!

Attachments

• smokeyclosead.jpg
    smokeyclosead.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 10
  • stuartclosead.jpg
    stuartclosead.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 9
undecisivegurl said:
~~~Malfoyfish-- I know what you mean that your cat acts like a dog! My cat smokey is the same way! She likes to be itched in the belly and she eats dog food! I even put her on a leach and took her for a walk! Shes the weirdest but I love my smokey! I also included my other kitty Stuart which i told you guys about.. :) Thats really cool Cheri that our cats have the same name! Smokey has a little white on her chest but shes mostly gray! :wiggle: I love my animals!!
~~Defee your story was great, It made me laugh!!! :lol:
~~Aquamadien your animals are so cute! I want the siamese! So cute!!! :)

All of your stories are great and Im glad so many people have pets, they are a must to have in life!!!!

Aww your cats are so cute! that cat, Smokey..looks like Russian blue!(Is he?) I had a Russian blue one time, his name was Blue ha..he was a good cat..a friend fell in love with him so i gave him to her! I hate doing that but i had 3 cats and my exhusband was allergic to Blue for some strange reason..i see him once in a while when i go see my friend, he still remembers me!
Thanks! that you like my funny dog story!

I love all your dog and cat stories, you all! It shows that we love our animals!
I love animals too!! cant live without them! We do have a cat outside but its wild cat...we see her in the chicken pen once in a while catching mice! its a good mouser lol! its just too wild to be a pet..poor thing but its surviving just fine, catching mice and birds..haha.

Back