Funniest thing an uneducated person has said to you?

:rofl: How can people graduate from school and get a job when they're so stupid?

Haha, I don't know. That's what got me flabbergasted when the stewardess asked me if I wanted something to read.

lol.

your response to her should be - "are you deaf??? because I didn't say I'm blind." LOL

LOL, I should have thought of that.

When that happened, I was shaking my head in disbelief.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I lovvvveeee those thread here.... It´s really funny to read all posts here...

I still laughing when I remember our visit to ophthalmology to make an appointment for us to see ophthalmologist soon after I moved to live in Germany. I said nothing and let my hubby to speak receptionist and let her know that we are deaf. Receptionist was like :confused: Deaf? My hubby explained her that deaf mean is "cannot hear". Receptionist was like oooohhhh I get it... and made an appointment for us... Few days later we went there.

Receptionist leave our leaflets on Ophthalmologist´s desk. We spot by coinciedence that the receptionist put piece of yellow label to get Ophthalmologist attention...

"Attention"
Mr ******* can speak but cannot hear...

"Attention"
Mrs. ******* cannot speak but can hear...

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

We laughed with pain until Ophthalmologist came in from other room and :confused:.... and spot our leaflets and knew straight why we laughed... Ophthalmologist asked us is it reason why we laugh... We replied yes... he was like :o: and then laughed with us and throw both yellow label away to rubbish bin and wrote fresh label on our leafout... Attention... Mr **** is deaf..... Attention Mrs.**** is deaf...

:laugh2:

Liebling - I did not know you and your hubby are both deaf.

"how much hearing do you have?"
"nada, zip, zero, nonexistant"
"wow can you hear me?"

"you shouldn't drive because you're deaf." It wasnt a question, it was a straightout opinion of a 17 year old high school brat. he nearly colided my rear end and he came to yell at me to blame me for his mistakes and found out i was deaf and there, he said it. I said, "Your problem kid, go away." and drove off leaving him in the dust.

"How did you get in college if you can't hear?"

I remember when someone approached me and asked me about something. Since I wasn't paying attention, her suddenly talking to me made me miss the beginning. So, I asked her to repeat what she said. This time, I understood what she said. She then asked me if I was from another country. I told her no. She said that since I didn't understand her, English was probably not my first language. I told her that I was deaf. She said, "Oh, I don't speak deaf." :roll:

Just yesterday or day before ..

I was driving with my dad to the pharmacy to get my mom's medication. I had just picked him up at work after he had worked a 13 hour shift as a charge RN (nurse). I saw emergency vehicles (fire truck, ambulance, aid car) with lights flashing coming behind me, and I pulled over to let them pass. My dad asked me if I could hear them coming. I told my dad I can't hear a jet engine if I was standing right next to it, and he said "Wow, that's bad!" *speaking* "Can you hear me?"

I said, "Wow, is your voice louder than a jet engine? I think I need a new audiogram!"

He nodded off. :zzz:

:laugh2: I have too much laughter in me than my spoken words. :o

This reminds me of how some sighted or blind people think I'm supposed to know a given blind person just because I can't see. I feel like telling them, "I'm sorry, but I don't know everyone in the blind community."

I also hate it when hearing-sighted people ask if someone takes care of me. :roll:

I never would have thought that other blind people know other blind people. Oh boy. I think we should have disability and diversity classes in school or high school, so that we come out more educated whether or not we go to college.

I remember when someone approached me and asked me about something. Since I wasn't paying attention, her suddenly talking to me made me miss the beginning. So, I asked her to repeat what she said. This time, I understood what she said. She then asked me if I was from another country. I told her no. She said that since I didn't understand her, English was probably not my first language. I told her that I was deaf. She said, "Oh, I don't speak deaf." :roll:

This is what I have gotten quiet a couple of times. People think that since I didn't understand the first time that I must be from another country, and they wonder the same because I sound different. They ask, "you don't speak English, do you?" People are really that ignorant. I never assume that people are from other countries if they don't understand the first time.

A lot of people think that you haven't been in the USA a long time if you still have an accent. I know people who have been in USA a long time and still have an accent :roll:.

Oh man, that reminds me of an encounter with a flight stewardess.

I was boarding on the plane and the stewardess asked me "Oh, You're deaf?"

I said "Yes, I'm deaf" and then she goes on asking me if I would like something to read. I replied and said "Yes, That'd be fine."

Well, A couple of minutes passed by and the flight stewardess came back to me and gave me a magazine with braille on it.

At that moment, I was like "Uh? I can see and I can read just fine."

*shakes my head*

This reminds me when I was young I traveled alone and was accompanied at the airport. I was in my hearing aids days. The staff in the plane were informed that I couldn't hear. A while later, they were passing out those earphones things. This woman asked if I wanted one for free. I was like, "no, thanks." She said to keep it anyway. I just placed it in the backseat pocket :roll:.

Me: Hi, I'd like a number 8 combo, please.
Old woman: (yelling) NUMBER EIGHT?!
Me: (in montone and emotionless) yes, please, I can read your lip fine....
Old woman: OKAY!!! EAT IN OR TO GO?!
Me: Eat in.

I should have something joke to her but I was overwhelmed with the college stuffs and others.

Me: Hi, I'd like a number 8 combo, please.
Old woman: (yelling) NUMBER EIGHT?!
Me: (in montone and emotionless) yes, please, I can read your lip fine....
Old woman: OKAY!!! EAT IN OR TO GO?!
Me: Eat in.

I should have something joke to her but I was overwhelmed with the college stuffs and others.

lol this reminds me of this hilarious Dave Chappele skit - Lil Jon @ Airport

[yt]jNYerOljBME[/yt]

Transcript
[yt]e5Skapl9vtk[/yt]

Speaking of people talking loud...I have had a college student in my Psychology class talk to me once in the hallway. I can hear her fine, and she talks to me like a little kid. I was glancing around the hallway and hoping she'd stop talking to me. People would notice weirdly like "what's up?" I was tempted to tell her about her tone.

I worked at a retail store, and this older woman asked me if she needed to talk loud for me to hear her. No, I read lips.

That's a new one to me! Strange...dont speak deaf...that's an unusual one. :lol:

That's a new one to me! Strange...dont speak deaf...that's an unusual one. :lol:

One can always respond with "Oh you don't speak deaf? Thats a shame because I don't speak hearing."

Once I was following a friend in a car, so I was right behind him, and he had his driver's side window open. I realized that I could easily see his lips through his sideview mirror, so being a prankster, I decided to call him (he's one of those bluetooth guys who automatically answers every call), so he answered and I said "Hello, its me" and he said "Why are you calling?". I repeated what he said then he said "Wait.. how can you understand me?". I kept on repeating him, and he FREAKED OUT. "I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS. YOU CAN HEAR ME!? OH MY GOD!!!???"

In 8th grade, my English teacher had a manual ABC poster up in his classroom. A blah student who was in a different class section tried to spell his name to me a few times. It started with a Z and he just signed it by pointing up without moving to make the Z shape.

:laugh2: I think she misheard you. She wasn't probably thinking of the word "deaf." Maybe she was thinking of a foreign country named Deaf or something that sounds similar :dunno:

Back