Found Long Lost Biological Son (i think)....

Hello, I hope you hear something more than that.. I wish you whole lot of luck in that area. It's great that you was able to find him and hoping to reconnect with him.

Both of us are Transgendered (I am FTM and my wife is MTF).... Yeah that's what we hoping for that our son accept us who we are!!! Oh really!!! My wife did go there once long time ago at South Lake Tahoe when she was visiting her brother there in late 70's

I am unsure about those abbreviation word "FTM" and "MTF". Do you mean that you was a female before you become a man and your wife was a man before become a female. Correct?

Today we got an e-mail from our son's adoptive parents and here's what they said in very brief one....

"Hello,

We did get your email, and we are glad you are doing well. We hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Cxxxx and Bxxx Wxxxxx"

But they did not mentioned about our son's doing so forth in this e-mail... but maybe they will send us picture of him and others soon in the e-mail - oh well!!!!....

I think they are surprised to hear from you for a first time after 14 years no contact. Give them time...

On THE MORNING SHOW with Mike and Juliet, Tuesday 11/27/07, they will be interviewing a birthmother and adoptee who have recently been reunited through a search agency Adoption Search: Search for Birth Mother, Adoptee, Birthmother, Child Placed for Adoption, Edna Gladney . The show will air at 9 am. east coast time on the FOX network and will be taped so it can air out on the west coast later that morning.

The other way to go about finding a relative lost through adoption is by signing the state REGISTRY, for example Texas Vital Statistics – Central Adoption Registry . Only if both birthmother and adoptee sign the registry, then they will be reunited.

Yeah, we both are very nervous for the first time in meeting... We haven't seen him since he was 3 day old that we gave him to adoptive parents but they did sent a picture to us when he was 7 1/2 yrs old with his school uniform - gosh he looks so handsome boy back then. That was back in 1993 that was the last time we have been in touch ever since until last week or so....

Wow since 3 days old, How old is he right now?

If you don't mind me asking, Why did you give your son up for an adoption if it's too personal I would understand. I'll respect your decision either way. :)

Hello, I hope you hear something more than that.. I wish you whole lot of luck in that area. It's great that you was able to find him and hoping to reconnect with him.

:ty: FairMerl and yeah it's great to find him and looking forward to hear from him soon! :D

I am unsure about those abbreviation word "FTM" and "MTF". Do you mean that you was a female before you become a man and your wife was a man before become a female. Correct?

That's correct!!!! FTM = Female to Male and MTF = Male to Female.....I am just gladly to give you the answers!! :D

I think they are surprised to hear from you for a first time after 14 years no contact. Give them time...

Yeah that's very true!!! :giggle:

Wow since 3 days old, How old is he right now?

22 yrs old now and he is 6 ft and 1 inches tall as they told us about his tallness!!!!! wow!!!! LOL :lol:

If you don't mind me asking, Why did you give your son up for an adoption if it's too personal I would understand. I'll respect your decision either way. :)

No problem and gladly that you are asking "why" that we gave him up for adoption in first place.... ok first of all, before i met my MTF wife and i was preggy with my first son from my ex-boyfriend that time and then when my first son was 3 months old and met her (my wife) at valentine's day party in blind date and then i told her that i had 3 months old son and she accepted my son as her step son and dated for one month and got married (March 20th, 1985) and we thought we can raise him for a while and then we went to social security office to get food stamps/welfare to support our son but the soc. sec. turned us down due to her income was too much that time (around July or August 1985)(actually her income was approximately $24,000 a year but wasn't enought to support all of us (me, my wife and first son) including the rent, utilities, food and clothes as i just married her for a few months but stupid SS office turned us down and was forcing us to give up our 7 1/2 months old son to adoptive parents (been in touch once a while - it's good to know :D) at the same time i was preggy again for second time with her flesh & blood biological son and we knew that we still cannot afford to raise second son again as she quit her goverment job due to stress out. In meantime, we were looking for best candidate adoptive parents and found a couple who had childless for 18 yrs and we signed similar contract to give our child to the adoption parents to make the payments to us which total worth $5,000 that time and then on March 16th 1986, i gave a son birth and he weighed 10 lbs 13 oz and 22 inch long... The doctor gave my son to my mom instead of my wife's arm for a bond and my mom RUINED the whole thing.....She (my wife) had no BONDS with her first flesh and blood son!!!!! My wife was very upset when the doctor handed our son to my mom in first place!!! :pissed: Anyway, the adoptive parents were so THRILLED to adopt our son.... The results came out GREAT today as he is happy and tall young man!!!! :D

WhiteWolves64 said:
but stupid SS office turned us down and was forcing us to give up our 7 1/2 months old son to adoptive parents
They can't "force" you to give up your son for adoption, that is your CHOICE.

WhiteWolves64 said:
to give our child to the adoption parents to make the payments to us which total worth $5,000 that time
You mean you SOLD your child?!?!?!?!?!

Just in case my last post was misinterpreted, let me clarify...

I believe that ADOPTION IS THE LOVING OPTION when it is done in the best interest of the child, NOT when it is done for PROFIT.

If I knew that my mother had SOLD me as an infant, I would never want to see her again. I wouldn't feel she was worthy.

Just read your post about their email, I agree with Liebling, give them some time. Hope to hear from you soon about your son! :)

Just in case my last post was misinterpreted, let me clarify...

I believe that ADOPTION IS THE LOVING OPTION when it is done in the best interest of the child, NOT when it is done for PROFIT.

If I knew that my mother had SOLD me as an infant, I would never want to see her again. I wouldn't feel she was worthy.

Not neccessary for us to sold our child as we were so young foolish newly wed married couple and after my wife quit her job and went back on SSI and the income was so low to support ourselves so we were desperated to get more money to live on without asking anyone for help (not even my mom or her parents for this) and we were so awkward to raise any child at our own as we were not ready for that....

Last edited:
sounds like you are full of excuses to me. you do realize that it is ILLEGAL to SELL your child. and i have worked 3 jobs to support myself and my children in the past, and i can assure you that is very stressful, but you do what you gotta do and that does NOT involve SELLING your children. i pity your child and hope he sees you as the self-absorbed individual that you are.

like i said, i am all for placing a child for adoption if it is done in the child's best interest, but NOT for making a profit off the child. you sound like a PUPPY MILL.

sounds like you are full of excuses to me. you do realize that it is ILLEGAL to SELL your child. and i have worked 3 jobs to support myself and my children in the past, and i can assure you that is very stressful, but you do what you gotta do and that does NOT involve SELLING your children. i pity your child and hope he sees you as the self-absorbed individual that you are.

like i said, i am all for placing a child for adoption if it is done in the child's best interest, but NOT for making a profit off the child. you sound like a PUPPY MILL.

It was not illegal to sell our child because we had an adoption agency with notation seal and we have the rights to give them up for adoption in our decision but not yours!!!!!!!!! We had trouble finding a good job back in 1986 with very little job experiences and plus we were moving around alot from 1985 to 1993. We are not making any profits from it in 1986... HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed: We gave our son to Childless Parents who have been wanted to have children for 18 years but could not have children due to their problems was. We have been looking a sack of photos of couples who was looking for adopt children - so that's why we choose them in first place with our hearts... So please never judge anyone who made their decision nor ours either!!!!!!

Placing a child for adoption and SELLING them are 2 very different things. You obviously went through a very dishonest agency who used deceptive methods to lure you into selling your baby, but ultimately it was YOU who took payment for your own child. Lucky for you, this happened back in 1986 and I am sure the statutes of limitations have long expired, otherwise you could be sent to prison for baby brokering.

WhiteWolves64 said:
We are not making any profits from it in 1986... HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not what you said before…here, let me refresh your memory….
WhiteWolves64 said:
to give our child to the adoption parents to make the payments to us which total worth $5,000 that time
WhiteWolves64 said:
We gave our son to Childless Parents who have been wanted to have children for 18 years but could not have children due to their problems was.
If you had GIVEN your child to the couple I would have no problem with it, but you SOLD the child, and that is deplorable.
WhiteWolves64 said:
We have been looking a sack of photos of couples who was looking for adopt children - so that's why we choose them in first place with our hearts...
I’m glad you had enough decency to take the child’s welfare into consideration enough to select good parents for him, but it seems you were well paid for those efforts, so you won’t be getting a pat on the back from me.
WhiteWolves64 said:
So please never judge anyone who made their decision nor ours either!!!!!!
I’ve been in worse positions in my life than yours and I never SOLD my child, and it isn’t just me who makes judgments about baby brokering…there is a reason that what you did is ILLEGAL.

Selling babies is such a sad and dangerous action, not to mention full of legal problems.

I hope the boy never finds out the circumstances of this arrangement. Adoptees sometimes have enough identity struggles without adding this kind of drama to their young lives.

Maybe when he is an older adult he might be able to handle it better. But the teen years are sooooo sensitive and confusing.

So you gave two sons up for adoption?

One reason is because your wife lost her job and was denied on social security, and you sold your son for 5,000.00 to a couple that you and your wife had chose?

And then you gave your other son up for adoption because your wife did not bond with the baby because your mother ruin the moment?

Am I correct so far?

Placing a child for adoption and SELLING them are 2 very different things. You obviously went through a very dishonest agency who used deceptive methods to lure you into selling your baby, but ultimately it was YOU who took payment for your own child. Lucky for you, this happened back in 1986 and I am sure the statutes of limitations have long expired, otherwise you could be sent to prison for baby brokering.

They were offering us with the payments so we took the opportunate (SP?) to take that payments from them that does not make us selling our children in illegally!!!!!

Selling babies is such a sad and dangerous action, not to mention full of legal problems.

I hope the boy never finds out the circumstances of this arrangement. Adoptees sometimes have enough identity struggles without adding this kind of drama to their young lives.

Maybe when he is an older adult he might be able to handle it better. But the teen years are sooooo sensitive and confusing.

I agree with you Reba but we are hoping that our son forgive us for that...

So you gave two sons up for adoption? yes!

One reason is because your wife lost her job and was denied on social security, and you sold your son for 5,000.00 to a couple that you and your wife had chose?

it's backwards -- first of all, i was housewife and had social security but my wife worked for dept. of defense that time (1985) which was not enough to support three of us in her one job and denied to get welfare or food stamps to support my first son while i was in second preggy and the first adoptive parents were offered us the payments to adopt my first son. And then in 1986, my wife quit her job due to burnout (very stressful) and got her social security.

And then you gave your other son up for adoption because your wife did not bond with the baby because your mother ruin the moment?

No not that, that was before our second son born, we had an adoption contract from them (second adoptive parents) with offering payments to adopt our second son. Then when our second son born and my wife wasn't bond with our second son because my mom ruin the moment thats correct - not before giving our son to second adoptive parents...

Am I correct so far?

not quite but almost correct!!!

I agree with you Reba but we are hoping that our son forgive us for that...
Do you think it's fair to the boy, or in his best interest, to put that burden on him now? Maybe you should wait until he's older.

Do you think it's fair to the boy, or in his best interest, to put that burden on him now? Maybe you should wait until he's older.

He's 22 years old now no longer a boy. If you didn't noticed Reba. :)

Back