Forum Awards?

Should we do a AllDeaf Awards contest? Please post why!

• Yes.

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deaf258

I want to do a poll before I actually follow up on it! I noticed some other forums tend to have an awards contest once a year. I haven't seen one on AllDeaf. Do we have those contests?? If not, could we do one?? I want to know what you think and see the votes before I go ahead, talk to the mods about it, before I put any energy into setting up the polling system on my website!!

Suggested Categories:
  • Best AD Couple
  • Best Overall
  • Favorite Mod
  • Meanest Member
  • Nicest Member
  • Most Talkative
  • Best Homepage
  • Worst Homepage
  • Most Annoying
  • Most Likely to Meet
  • Most Popular
  • Hottest Female
  • Hottest Male
  • Stupidest
  • Most Likely To Never Leave
  • Gone but isn't Forgotten
  • Least Common Sense
  • Most Sarcastic
  • Best Personality
  • Smartest Member
  • Most Funniest
  • Most Mature
  • Least Active
  • Most Active
  • Most Creative
  • Best Comebacks
  • Biggest Flirt
  • Future Mod
  • Worst Username
  • Best Username
  • Most Loved
  • Most Hated
  • Longest Topic
  • Best Topic
  • Oldest Topic
  • Lamest Topic
  • Best Avatar
  • Favorite Signature
  • Best Comment/Quote
  • Best Poet
  • Most Heated Debate Thread
  • Best Thread Starter
  • Wosrt Thread Starter
  • Most Favorite Forum

Please feel free to add any more category suggestions or ideas!! I would like to cover all bases. When the votes are in for this thread, I will ask Alex and the Mods which categories we will keep or throw away before I get busy making the polls for the awards!

Four more:
  • The Pervert
  • The Virgin
  • Most Influential member
  • Most Influential thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I said Yes,, I think that a fun Idea...

Hi...

That's a good idea, Deaf! Maybe we should pick topics off of that list and just do it... :) It might be fun. I don't know the folks here too well, but hey, it's something....

Don't be surprised if I steal one or two of these and start 'em up! Not to worry though, I'll give you credit for it. :)

Malfoyish

I voted ' Yes '....I think it would be AWESOME!... :)

I am trying a crash course in php to make polls! :\

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have a chance to nominate. I just need a vote count and permission from Alex, then we will know for sure! ;)

Definitely. I think it'd be alot of fun. Not that it matters to me, but maybe we should do away with some of the more mean spirited categories. - Just a thought.

Well, we do have mean spirited members! ;) But, like I said, I will have Alex approve first, before I go ahead with final plans.

Deaf258 said:
Well, we do have mean spirited members! ;)

Heh, obviously, it does make things interesting. I added that as an afterthought though, after all it does have to be approved by the forum administrator, right?

Deaf258 said:
Well, we do have mean spirited members! ;) But, like I said, I will have Alex approve first, before I go ahead with final plans.

You just had to go and change your message when I was posting! I agree with you there. It'd be more interesting in its entirety.

I don't think it is a good idea. It is bound that somebody will be left out ..

it is so clique-y. You know who would get those awards- those who have been attending AD for a long time and posted MANY while those newcomers who have an equal interest in AD but didn't post enough to have everybody KNOW her/him.

I hate those "Standouts" because it is only for the elites who are popular.

[back in the high school, they should name me Miss Anti-Social, lol The only thing I got voted- in the deaf community- was the best Couple for two years straight *with different guy each time, :-X* and one time voted as funniest person... I felt like a poser and loser for having those awards because it was against everything I stood and still stand for.]

Hmm... this sounds like a nice idea. Isn't that a bit too many awards? We should do maybe two a month or something. We could focus on something like, "Hottest Male/Female" for one month. The next month, we do "Smartest Male/Female". It changes each month. That would keep things simple for us. Unless you can create a webpage that can allow members to choose from 1000 members for each award. That would take forever.

Competition, eh? Ha ! *SMH* Well, I could be a sweet bytch at times ! :laugh2:

Yeah I reckon it should be a fun type of 'awards' show...:lol: Just have to be careful on the type of awards given out should it not offend anyone and so forth. ;)

WaterRats13 said:
Just have to be careful on the type of awards given out should it not offend anyone and so forth. ;)

I second that. It's why I said I could be a sweet bytch at times! :laugh2:

Back