Forum Awards?

Should we do a AllDeaf Awards contest? Please post why!

• Yes.

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VamPyroX said:
Hmm... this sounds like a nice idea. Isn't that a bit too many awards? We should do maybe two a month or something. We could focus on something like, "Hottest Male/Female" for one month. The next month, we do "Smartest Male/Female". It changes each month. That would keep things simple for us. Unless you can create a webpage that can allow members to choose from 1000 members for each award. That would take forever.
Yep Hottest Female ;) I would like to run for that!!! :wave:

BabyPhat21 said:
Yep Hottest Female ;) I would like to run for that!!! :wave:

:laugh2: :rofl: Somehow, I KNEW you were gonna say that!!! Yesterday, when I posted that list, I thought, "Gee, I wonder if BabyPhat's gonna try for the hottest chick category?? We'll see what happens!" Then, now, here you are, saying you wanna go for it!! :lol:

WaterRats13 said:
Yeah I reckon it should be a fun type of 'awards' show...:lol: Just have to be careful on the type of awards given out should it not offend anyone and so forth. ;)

Should I add another category, "Poor Sport"? For people who gets offended too easily? I have been the butt of the joke a few times and been a good sport about it.

I agree with Gnarlydorkette. In my high school yearbooks, we did not even have these categories. I was just like Gnarlydorkette in high school, being anti-social, not doing what people wanted me to do, etc... If someone had to assign a title to me for my high school years, they should have called me "the most sleepy guy." :P

CyberRed said:
I second that. It's why I said I could be a sweet bytch at times! :laugh2:

I third that with another Boom like a Firecracker !!

Wha.... about funny cartoons picture.
Wha.. about cartoon comics as more creative making story..

How's sounded more fun and challenge ? Is partciples for award too?

Let's look at it this way. What if some members are offended because they think that they are ugly, dumb, or just unwanted. :(

VamPyroX said:
Let's look at it this way. What if some members are offended because they think that they are ugly, dumb, or just unwanted. :(

Exactly! When I posted my pic in "Photo" thread by testin' it... no one said anythin' about my pix in there, except they are givin' others their compliments. Now, I get to know more. *Chuckles*

i really dont wanna be the bearer of bad news, but i have to say no also, the total reason why? we're all Aders who are having fun, not need to worry abt poeple vying for something that justifies being stood out and populary, lastly I belive we're ALL winners no matter what we say or do. its what's in our hearts how we feel for ourselves and the feedbacks we recived over the yrs or months for that matter, i just don't think having * awards* will give poeple something to prove, some will get all egoist abt it or be a snob or just mock others and its not right. So i also vote no im sorry deaf258 i just think that the one thing i can say abt AD is its good at topics and good at sharing thoughts. and making new friends too. So let's leave it at that.

javapride said:
i really dont wanna be the bearer of bad news, but i have to say no also, the total reason why? we're all Aders who are having fun, not need to worry abt poeple vying for something that justifies being stood out and populary, lastly I belive we're ALL winners no matter what we say or do. its what's in our hearts how we feel for ourselves and the feedbacks we recived over the yrs or months for that matter, i just don't think having * awards* will give poeple something to prove, some will get all egoist abt it or be a snob or just mock others and its not right. So i also vote no im sorry deaf258 i just think that the one thing i can say abt AD is its good at topics and good at sharing thoughts. and making new friends too. So let's leave it at that.

I agree ! :D

CyberRed said:
Exactly! When I posted my pic in "Photo" thread by testin' it... no one said anythin' about my pix in there, except they are givin' others their compliments. Now, I get to know more. *Chuckles*
I thought I did give you a compliment? Maybe, my compliment wasn't viewed that way.

In that case, I'm complimenting you now. Nice picture! :thumb:

VamPyroX said:
I thought I did give you a compliment? Maybe, my compliment wasn't viewed that way.

In that case, I'm complimenting you now. Nice picture! :thumb:

Yes, I did saw your post in there. lol And, even I did respond back to ya in there, too :laugh2: Merci :D

CyberRed said:
Yes, I did saw your post in there. lol And, even I did respond back to ya in there, too :laugh2: Merci :D
*smacks forehead* I guess I must have overlooked that one... *clicking away*

sound so kewl! I did not realize Deaf258 created lot of title. Hope we can handle with lot of AD members with various of title. Maybe limit 1 or 2 titles per member instead of 5 or 6 awards for one member. Just be fair to fair.

Whew! I don't see any title about "Most Shyness" on the list. I was voted by my classmates for "Most Shyness" during my high school. eeek!

I will have to repeat myself and I don't like repeating. After enough votes, I will ask Alex to go over the list and he has the final say to this. Categories will be added or removed. And, no, you are being too silly because there won't be a category for "Most Fugly Person"!!!

deaf258 what he might see as a voting thing. i think IMO, alex should also read the poeple's reasons too. not just the nbrs...

by the way if u dont want to repeat then don't let them voice the reasons thats all that matters!

Deaf258 said:
I will have to repeat myself and I don't like repeating. After enough votes, I will ask Alex to go over the list and he has the final say to this. Categories will be added or removed. And, no, you are being too silly because there won't be a category for "Most Fugly Person"!!!
Actually, Alex works with the moderator team on this. It's not just all Alex.

VamPyroX said:
Actually, Alex works with the moderator team on this. It's not just all Alex.
Obvouisly means all casting the vote instead depend on Alex ?
Right?
Who will making award ?
I think I suggest that cast the vote whatever kind of award how many percentage for best beauty (as such example) then cast voted to be done.. then annocement winner.. Wha.. do you think ? Just in my brainstorm.

Back