Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know - Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes, they are illegal here

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No, they are not illegal

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
begin to start firework show anywhere but, polices are tracking gunfire for celebrate for July 4th. They are ready to arrest them for firing any gun into the air is illegal.

Shooting in the air risking killing somebody nearby when the lead falls and hit them, shooter is considered responsible for manslaughter. I never shoot in the air, too risky UNLESS I know nobody's around more than a mile radius. Like for example in middle of desert.

However can shoot in the air as long as its blank.

The city council in town is just crazy ... they delayed the 4th of July fireworks till the 6th(yesterday) because of the weather ... well they decided to have them anyways even though it was storming pretty bad ... but they have a hissy fit about a temporary 25 foot tall inflatable snowman at a Christmas tree lot and try to force the owner to take it down and fine them $50 a day until its taken down ... the inflatable has been put up for about 3 weeks prior to Christmas each year for the past 15 to 20 years too ... people around here just aint got no common sense ... have fireworks in a thunderstorm but gripe about a snowman ...

We found out today at church that a relative of one of our friends was severely injured Thursday by home fireworks. It happened in a northern state. They were having their usual family on the Fourth get together. The man was loading a large mortar into a metal pipe, for the grand finale. He didn't realize that the pipe had gotten very hot from the previous shots. Before he even lit it, the charge self-ignited, blowing off the top of his face and head. He's been in ICU since then, blind and non-responsive, on life support. It doesn't look good. :(

He is married and has a daughter.

We found out today at church that a relative of one of our friends was severely injured Thursday by home fireworks. It happened in a northern state. They were having their usual family on the Fourth get together. The man was loading a large mortar into a metal pipe, for the grand finale. He didn't realize that the pipe had gotten very hot from the previous shots. Before he even lit it, the charge self-ignited, blowing off the top of his face and head. He's been in ICU since then, blind and non-responsive, on life support. It doesn't look good. :(

He is married and has a daughter.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's relative being hurt that's sad :( I hope some how he can recover ...

Wirelessly posted

I usually buy small fireworks. if i want to see big ones, i would be at another city or center park.

They are really pushing it here in Boston because of the bombings. Before the bombing it was illegal, but there was not as much of a push to stop it as there is now.

They're still buying it in NH and brining it back to MA. I noticed it was more quiet this year which is fine by me. I always feel sorry for the animals this time of year. I wouldn't care if they banned fireworks all together. I'm a little surprised people were setting them off given how dry it's been and no rain.

It's legal to play with fire at Oregon in suburb area and beach.

For Texas, it's legal on your own properly land outside city zone.

when it Divali and Guy Fawks sametime it amazing...i think children no buy fireworks but they sell them in sweet shops maybe certain fireworks...i rather go proper display the pyroteki do good ones...
The vets also gets to many animals in fire works seasons

2259957320_00f5fa91ef.jpg

Just got an email from a neighboring towns newspaper that sends news stories sometimes ... Morganton, NC(where the North Carolina School for the Deaf is) is going to have their 4th of July fireworks this Saturday July 13th weather permitting. A little bit late it is.

Just heard though friend of mine that knows one guy, just lost two fingers from M-80, happened yesterday.

Im not sure how, but I never liked the idea of holding M-80 and light them at same time. Sometimes fuse can be too short.

For Canberra, Australia. We had fireworks for Queen's birthday long weekend but now, these fireworks here in Canberra is now banned.

Give you an idea, USA is just like Europe, States is like France, Spain, Netherlands, Hungary, Ireland, and so on do all these countries in Europe have same laws?

daft laws,never understand how one country have different laws different states..my brother tried to explain(he american)still dont get it

not quite same..EU laws sometime clash with country some EU laws are rediculus and much money wasted

Im just giving you general idea
USA federal law has "Master law" That applies to all 50 states, then these 50 states can decide add law on top of master laws.

Federal government don't ban fireworks, but has limit on how much powder in it 1.7 gram is the limit, states can choose to let people play fireworks or ban them.

Same with gun, Federal government don't limit ammo in magazine, while here in NY limit 7 which I think is STUPID law. Now I see rise in shooting out already, its worsen now here in NY.

not quite same..EU laws sometime clash with country some EU laws are rediculus and much money wasted

Back