Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know - Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes, they are illegal here

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No, they are not illegal

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
You won't find any real M-80 at any firework stores. They are illegal because of amount of powder exceeded the federal limitation. If these store gets caught selling like that, ATF will shut down their business immediately.

Real M-80 CAN cut your hand off if you hold em and let it explodes. Very very dangerous and can be fatal if not handle them properly. You can get it though black market but if you get busted, long term in prison. I have light them and let them detonate in small spaced basement, man! it was unbelievable and my wife was upstairs right above where it was detonated, she told me she felt that the floor was lifted about an inch or two and I had ceiling dust all over me. Also, I have done that on grass, and it had caused about 2 inch deep crater.

They (Firework stores) do sell fake M-80 and they don't explode as loud as real ones.

Do me a favor, if you do get real M-80, please don't be like an idiot. Never never hold that M-80 while light them up.

At this time, I don't have any and don't want store any of them at my house until my last son grows up and old enough to use his head.

I am not sure... I don't think they are. I will have to look it up.

Minnesota used to have them banned for as long as I can remember. But they changed that a couple years ago and now we have fireworks all over. It has not seemed to be a problem so far.

In myrtle beach it'a more fun to buy your own and set them off, and watch all your neighbors, and you can them going off in other neighborhoods. Phantom Fireworks has good deals too, get a locals discount and for every $100 you spend you get a free gift, usually a big box if mortar shells, if that's what they're called, they're worth $60 and are great for your own grand finale :D

Unfortunately I can't do that anymore since u left the husband and have an apartment, it's against the complex rules. People still them off though.

yes. $750 fine if anyone is caught shooting off fireworks in the county.

depend on Canada is bylaw experience firework lighting illegal, I reading on my area, said.

...it is illegal to use fireworks in a public area without a permit.[/I]

I think in Toronto it's similar, you have to set your own off on private property (my old street would have a big Victoria Day party and everyone would contribute to a show taking place on someone's driveway) and you're not allowed to do it in, say, a city park.

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:
My doggie and previous doggies were always terrified of fireworks...(very loud)...Do believe they are banned here in Florida also...as the past few years, it was so dry....but...people still shoot them off. And have seen lots of firework stands...some are legal, some are illegal...I don't buy them anymore.

Not sure if the City will have fireworks at The Landing (downtown) as they did every year, along the St, Johns River....I stay home that night, because of my pets.

Only certain kinds are banned. FL sells fireworks in just about all the stores. You see tent sales as well. It is pretty wet here in FL right now so fire dangers are low.

The city changed the date for their fireworks display this year ... it's set for July 6th now due to weather ... checked last night calling for strong tstorms today(80% chance) and a flash flood warning till 8pm tonight.

The city changed the date for their fireworks display this year ... it's set for July 6th now due to weather ... checked last night calling for strong tstorms today(80% chance) and a flash flood warning till 8pm tonight.
July 6th celebration for July 4th?!? :hmm: not sure how I'd feel about that!
Understandable about the weather though. I've yet to experience a rainy July 4th that fireworks show was canceled.

I wonder in like the next 20-30 years, if fireworks are going to be banned across all the US. The way it is going now it is changing how 4th of July is celebrated.

The safety reasons are legit though. There's been some kids shooting off fireworks when they shouldn't be like at 4 am in the morning. Granted I don't hear it but I can tell my parents did, when I was a kid.

Pets hated them too.

I think some of it has to do with safety. Too many ER visits with people with burned hands, faces, arms, even fingers blown off. Drunk fireworking doesn't help, either. :lol:

Understandable about the weather though. I've yet to experience a rainy July 4th that fireworks show was canceled.

Yep the 6th its been all over FB they changed it ... but it may be canceled altogether the flash flood warning has been extended through tomorrow 8pm and a lightning warning was issued till 8pm tonight

I think in Toronto it's similar, you have to set your own off on private property (my old street would have a big Victoria Day party and everyone would contribute to a show taking place on someone's driveway) and you're not allowed to do it in, say, a city park.

Yes, it is exactly. that is true. not allow on city..... I agree you. That is strictly.

few city allowed fireworks on sale but, at home no fireworks allowed. I snapshot it from my iPhone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 54
In the neighborhood behind me they started their fireworks tonight.

In this area, they start fireworks early and continue past the 4th (private home ones). They also do fireworks for New Year's Eve.

Yes, it's illegal to shoot them off... but not illegal to buy them. There are other places where we can shoot them off.

I do know that in Pennsylvania, only out-of-state people can buy fireworks. I went there with a friend (while driving from Texas to New York... passing through Pennsylvania). They asked him for his ID and since he was from Pennsylvania, he couldn't buy any. So, he just looked around and pointed out (inconspicuously) what he wanted. ;)

Before that, we stopped by a fireworks store in Ohio. Since neither of us were from Ohio, we both could buy fireworks there. :thumb:

The rednecks from hades have gotten an early start I've been hearing fireworks popping off for the past hour.

The rednecks from hades have gotten an early start I've been hearing fireworks popping off for the past hour.
Ha, ha, they've been shooting them off here for the past two hours, even in the rain!

In my town there only legal on July 4th until midnight.

In my state - it is depends on local and some cities banned on firework because of fire safety. If dry weather and drought are problematic so our city could temporarily ban it until climate return to normal.

Back