Fall 2014 begins

Fall term and turning twenty-one the, day before Halloween, looking forward to another great school year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

My daughter turns 21 two days before you. :)

image.jpg
Our liquid amber tree last fall. Leaves go from green, yellow, orange then red.

Beautiful ! Did it turn this way this fall?

My temps are 90-up still on summer mode here CA and Az are tied in this no fall only happens on the east coast lol

You are forgetting the Midwest! It varies from year to year how much but they can really be beautiful here in Southern Illinois (east of St. Louis).

Fly fishing before trout season ends

I need to learn the basics of fly fishing for next July on a dude ranch at about 7000 feet elevation within the greater Yellowstone eco-system....in the Shoshone National forest...on the Shoshone River that flows through the ranch....this river is supposedly one of the top ten freestone rivers in the Rocky Mountains. It is just going to be for a week so I want to spend the minimum for a rod/reel. The ranch will have flies that work for this particular stretch of river at this particular time.....catch and release on barbless hooks, of course.

Beautiful ! Did it turn this way this fall?

My temps are 90-up still on summer mode here CA and Az are tied in this no fall only happens on the east coast lol

I live in Northern CA and our Fall is beautiful. This one tree is starting to change colors now and it will go all the way until Thanksgiving.

I live in Northern CA and our Fall is beautiful. This one tree is starting to change colors now and it will go all the way until Thanksgiving.

I am in Southern CA no fall here . It's been hot and 97 tomorrow and all week will be miserable. I wish it would go away.

I need to learn the basics of fly fishing for next July on a dude ranch at about 7000 feet elevation within the greater Yellowstone eco-system....in the Shoshone National forest...on the Shoshone River that flows through the ranch....this river is supposedly one of the top ten freestone rivers in the Rocky Mountains. It is just going to be for a week so I want to spend the minimum for a rod/reel. The ranch will have flies that work for this particular stretch of river at this particular time.....catch and release on barbless hooks, of course.

Cabela's has a starter fly fishing kit for $40 http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=02555655&rid=20

Thanks; I've seen lots of similar stuff, including some of Cabela's, too.....just a matter of me making up my mind, I guess....:lol:

You can practice casting in your front or back yard. A friend of mine suggested using cups and tying yarn to the end of the line. Try casting it as close to the cups as you can.

You can practice casting in your front or back yard. A friend of mine suggested using cups and tying yarn to the end of the line. Try casting it as close to the cups as you can.

Sounds like a good idea. So no lead weight is required because of the heft of the fly line, right?

Should be a lot of fun!

Reba, good morning! Yes, I'm looking forward to this although its about ten months away! Reminds me to look into travel insurance for this trip as a lot of dollars are at stake....

Back