Exchanging Phone-Numbers After First Date

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you met Someone, You Flirted, You had a great time and then He or She asked for your number will You give it to him or Her? If Yes or No Please Explain.....

well, depend on if good person, i will give it out.. if i get feeling something not right then i dont give my phone nbr out.. it depend on it! :)

I Agree Tweety.... :thumb:

It depends on me too,,How well the date goes and if I like him I would give him my Number If I don't I have to be honest and tell him it would not work out.

I'm kinda wondering how you guys get on the first date anyway if you haven't exchanged numbers? Hehe, just a thought.

As for me.... I usually refuse to give out personal information, especially my living address.... they must have e-mail, and they have to email me to contact me. Or I request for their e-mail first if I'm not sure about them... If they don't have internet (which I've found that there are a few people who don't ***gasp!***) then TOO bad!

I don't give out my phone number, because well I don't use the phone really.

Before I got married -- it was usually email addresses that were exchanged. Just to be friends and maybe go a bit further than friends. Depends on how well the date went and so forth. ;)

I wouldn't give her my phone number. Why? Well, I don't use the phone. I don't have a phone. However, I would give her my AIM screen name. That's what a lot of people these days do.

It depends on a person... as for me.. i will exchange e-mail.. or AIM screenname cuz those two are my main method of contacting.. i don't use my TTY very much.

If that person is wonderful, sweet, outgoing and had a great first date and plan on seeing again i'll exchange...

if that person's boring, shameful, immature girl.. i won't exchange :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
It depends on a person... as for me.. i will exchange e-mail.. or AIM screenname cuz those two are my main method of contacting.. i don't use my TTY very much.

If that person is wonderful, sweet, outgoing and had a great first date and plan on seeing again i'll exchange...

if that person's boring, shameful, immature girl.. i won't exchange :D
Same here. With AIM, there's always block. I've got Trillian so I'm not worried about anyone stalking me or knowing that I'm online. Heh! But, with phones... they can call you and you never know who's calling you. Should you ignore it? Should you pick it up? Sure, I could get caller ID... but should I spend more money for that? Nah, I'm more comfortable with using AIM. :thumb:

Sure I would but as long as I like that gal and want to know her more. If I don't then I will not. I usually give my phone numbers, email address, MSN and AIM sn to any gals who I like right after first date or certain events. Of course I will explain to them that email or MSN/AIM is more easier to get me than phone does. Nowaday it is much more easier to call thru phone due to lovely 711. There was one gal I dated sometimes ago, she don't have the computer or don't know how to do with computer so she used the phone to contact me.

Also I learned one thing about dating hearing people.. if they give you a phone numbers, they expect you to call them within 2 days, of course preferably one day later. I did and I made a quite impression on these gals so I guess I did right thing.

One day I have to learn to date deaf gals (I prefer to date deaf gals but if they did not make smart choice then I pick hearing gals). Actually I did but never bother to try and look for one since hearing and deaf women are quite different so I sometimes don't know what deaf gals would think or expect.

Last edited:
If I meet a man in a public place without being on a date, I would give him a yahoo or hotmail email addy so I could always throw away if I didn't like the guy after first date.

If I really like this guy, I would give him my permanent email addy.

Once I gave a phone number to a guy, he used the number to hack into my computer and stalked me for months. Ugh ..so never again and I keep my telephone number unlisted.

I wouldn't give the phone nbrs in first datings.. Most important take times to get knows a "Meter-matic rates" processes step to step then after few months I given my phone nbr to my girfriendd as she need to call me in emergencies and etc.. I've been with my girfriend for 5 months now..

Magatsu said:
Sure I would but as long as I like that gal and want to know her more. If I don't then I will not. I usually give my phone numbers, email address, MSN and AIM sn to any gals who I like right after first date or certain events. Of course I will explain to them that email or MSN/AIM is more easier to get me than phone does. Nowaday it is much more easier to call thru phone due to lovely 711. There was one gal I dated sometimes ago, she don't have the computer or don't know how to do with computer so she used the phone to contact me.

Also I learned one thing about dating hearing people.. if they give you a phone numbers, they expect you to call them within 2 days, of course preferably one day later. I did and I made a quite impression on these gals so I guess I did right thing.

One day I have to learn to date deaf gals (I prefer to date deaf gals but if they did not make smart choice then I pick hearing gals). Actually I did but never bother to try and look for one since hearing and deaf women are quite different so I sometimes don't know what deaf gals would think or expect.

yep yep hearing girls and deaf girls r completed different for deaf guys ... mostly choose deaf girls because of communicate more easier ... sometime go for hearing girls IF they knew ASL. heh but for me ... i rather give them my e mail or aim/msn SN thats it ... NO PHONE NUMBER for them because i dont use phone peroid. heh

Psssssssst, DeafSCUBA98,
You wrote: if that person's boring, shameful, immature girl.. i won't exchange.
am I included ?? *look'n around* (chuckles)

Im not in interesting "phone" made me feel fall sleep.. doesn't want chatt'n on the phone.. I dunno why am I stating about it..
Preferable reilable on MSN and email..
Prevouis I used to be AIM and trillian.. (Dearly I miss that aim and trillian)
One day, I would love to bring it back again..
*actually* In my past dating.. Who I was trusted few guys dated in my past.. already had exchange the phone.. btw this time.. no thanks.. I'm taken by precouisly hubby.. :P

It's depending on if I like the person then sure!....

i don't use the telephone.. i would exchange aim screenname.....that's simply thing to do...

I wud exchange email addy if things go well and take it from there then chat on aim too ;)

well said fitness, and for me use my AIM and AOL and Yahoo THATS it. no phone cuz thats for business ONLY.

One Time With My Other Realitship Shot Time He Came To My Place Before That I Gave Him Of My Number And Address Them Are Both Give Eachother... I Found Out It Not My Type Later I Found One Of Kightwolf68 That We Met In Person One Days Later I Gave Him Of My Home Address And Phone Number Both Of Us Beening Chatting On The Phone Later That How We Are Type Eachother.

Back