Everything is bigger in texas :)

eh? Texas is state under United State of America, you have to have passport if anyone is from other country to enter here.

You might want to take your own advice, research before you shoot me. It's a saying about Texan people with their egos ballooning up thinking that their state is one of a kind that "you need a passport to get in" so to speak...:bye:

why? Because tornado damage your home? It happen like 2 years ago.

because....

a) the summers suck monkey balls. Its ridiculously hot and humid everyday.

b) You practically have to drive 20 miles just to go somewhere. Public Transportation is a fucking joke out here. Give me NYC or Wash DC anytime with the subways, buses, etc. With gas being the way it is, id rather NOT drive given a choice. Unfortunatly theres not another option. Its drive or die. And all i know is that im pretty sick of driving lol. No wonder this place and Houston has so many overweight fat asses. Nobody walks anywhere, anymore. Least not out here.

c) Cops out here really bad. All the small surrounding country towns making revenue? a nice % comes from the payemt for the ticket you got for going 68mph in a 65. Lame. And the Texas highway patrol is even worse. You can flick a booger out the window and if they see it, wont hesistate to write you one for littering. Seriously.

All in all its not THAT bad but it doesnt even make a top 5 list as far as places ive lived.

because....

b) You practically have to drive 20 miles just to go somewhere. Public Transportation is a fucking joke out here. Give me NYC or Wash DC anytime with the subways, buses, etc. With gas being the way it is, id rather NOT drive given a choice. Unfortunatly theres not another option. Its drive or die. And all i know is that im pretty sick of driving lol. No wonder this place and Houston has so many overweight fat asses. Nobody walks anywhere, anymore. Least not out here.

c) Cops out here really bad. All the small surrounding country towns making revenue? a nice % comes from the payemt for the ticket you got for going 68mph in a 65. Lame. And the Texas highway patrol is even worse. You can flick a booger out the window and if they see it, wont hesistate to write you one for littering. Seriously.

All in all its not THAT bad but it doesnt even make a top 5 list as far as places ive lived.

maybe just stop flicking your boogers out of the window?

:dunno:

Yeah, the summers are hot. However, each city has their own humidity. Houston is the worse. Dallas isn't so bad.
Where I am, everything is within 5 miles. Within 5 miles of my house... there's a few Wal-Mart locations, a few Target locations, a bunch of grocery stores, a couple malls, a few movie theaters, a bunch of restaurants, etc.

The further out of the city you live, the further you gotta drive. That's how it is for all cities.
Yeah... right. They don't really give you tickets unless you're going at least 10 over the speed limit. I've gone to several courthouses in several cities and I can see the list of fines on the wall of the office. They all begin with 10 mph over the speed limit.

Well, move to Dallas, it's much improve on train route. But yeah, Fort Worth need train instead only Trinity Railway.

But I love that downtown Fort Worth. Free parking, awesome place to hang. :)

I was born on base at Ft. Bliss, TX although raised in Northern CA. Lived in Houston briefly.

I have a cousin who lives in Austin and I confused avwdng29 with her since they both look so alike! :lol:

it happens what can i say :-P

avwdng you are in austin.. i am too.. can we meet in person? smile

most of time i go dhh you can go there sometime if you have free time
next dhh event is in july.. not know what day.. of course it always on saturday..

i moved here from louisiana 3 years ago..

ooo i dont really go to any deaf events until..im invited :-P ,or its assigned at school or something i start another asl class in august i think?i'll let you know ;)

oh you are taking asl class! ha! nice! sure you can let me know smile! dhh is for everyone.. it free but you can check out dhh website... dhhaustin.org

yes im in college to b an interpreter... ive taken 4 asl classes in hs..but then since i wanted to b an interpreter i have to take more so i had to start over again :( sucksssss
but yes i will let you know no worries!

I don't live or never visited Texas before...but my friend moved there last year from Seattle area.

Back