End of the world?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've read on the news on AOL, that Benedict, believers say, fits the description of the second-to-last pope listed under the prophecy before the Last Judgement, when the bible says God separates the wicked from the righteous at the end of time.

"The Old Testament states: 'believe his prophets and you will prosper' -- so believe it. We are close to the return of the Judge of the nations. Christ is coming," wrote one Internet post by the Rev. Pat Reynolds.

More Information at: here <~~ AOL News. :mrgreen:

If the end of the world were near, What would you do? Tell your loves ones how much they meant to you, see them daily, or travel around the would to see the sights that you never saw in your lifetime before? or Increase your interest in religion, getting close to God and Jesus, or panic?

Discuss please. ;)

Here's my answer, I'll believe when I see it. I better hope it's a quick death, not a slow death. They asked for it, not me. They've always been talking about "End is near" They never happened.

I would tell everyone everything i've always wanted to share without reservation...

Well, I will keep goin' to attend church and serve God on every Sunday. Keep readin' the bible and pray. Fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ. I don't have much time to play around what the world offers.

Since I read the link you provide here... I believe that the Vatican popes already met the Anti-Christ in person. Anti-Christ is alive somewhere.

I am personally prepared to the end of the world because Jesus is my Savior. It doesn't matter if I die today, or if Jesus raptures me to Heaven today. Either way, I will be in Heaven with Him and other loved ones.

Until that day happens (either death or rapture), I will continue to witness to other people and pray that more people will accept Jesus as Savior before it is too late.

I don't need to say good-bye to other Christians because I will see them again soon.

No one on earth (including the Pope) knows when the last days will happen. Only God knows.

I wouldnt really say anything to anyone cuz most of my friends and family will be in heaven with me. but for those who havent accepted jesus christ as their personal savior, i would help them to see the way to heaven and how to accept christ as their personal savior. there is a way for one to know for sure if they are going to heaven.

Cheri is asking: "If the end of the world were near, What would you do? Tell your loves ones how much they meant to you, see them daily, or travel around the would to see the sights that you never saw in your lifetime before? or Increase your interest in religion, getting close to God and Jesus, or panic?"

A good question and before I go any further, I concur with Reba and Selena but here's a thought while we are here on earth, etc: We should be telling our loved ones all the things Cheri said above on a daily or regular basis, ANYWAY! And if your'e in Reba's shoes, well, the rest is just gravy! Hehe

If the end of the world were near, What would you do? Tell your loves ones how much they meant to you, see them daily, or travel around the would to see the sights that you never saw in your lifetime before? or Increase your interest in religion, getting close to God and Jesus, or panic?

My loved ones know how much they mean to me, I see some them daily, I have traveled the states, not the world, but have seen it on the tv, I am close to God and Jesus, I can't see myself going into a panic at all.

If it were just an hour away or so from the end, I would take a walk through the woods, down by a creek I go to. I don't get to walk much anymore, and I love nature and all it has to offer, thats what I would do.
If it were more long term, say a year or so, I would help as many people find peace as I possible could.

I am continue to serve the Lord and share the Gospel with others about Lord Jeus Christ on the earth until the Rapture or death happen occurs. I don't feel sad for Born-Again Christians because I will see them in Heaven forever.

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not angels of heaven, but my Father only". Matthew 24:36

Only God knows because God is Almighty and Creator who is in control.

Well, I always treat everything like the end of the world is coming soon. I mean... I pay the massive respect to environment & animals and do my best to conserve these God's creations (environment & animals). You see, every time we pay our respect to God's creations means that we pay our respect to God too. If we don't (example: enviroment pollution or terminate wildlife protection) then we didn't pay our respect to God. I usually said "I love you" or nice comments to my relatives, family and Nas on a daily basis. I soon will be a activist which I will spend lot of my time on these activities (pro-family, pro-environment, pro-humans rights, pro-free will, list go on and on) to protect the children, innocent people, environment and animals from ruthless Corporations, Religious Right, etc etc... I genuinely care about people who is suffering or struggling over all in this world.

So the end of the world or not, it does not mean anything to me because I did these on a daily basis. Will it increases my belief in religion? No because I already accepted Jesus as my savior so why should I? And I am not going to shove my beliefs down in their throats either. Live my life like I will die tomorrow, that's how I did everyday.

Last edited:
End Times

My mum used to continually say that the end was near!
Hasn't come yet!
Only The Father knows the time and hour!

Nobody knows when the End Times will arrive. Even the Apostles firmly believed that the world would end shortly after Jesus left. Every century there has been predictions of the End. Many people have sold all the owned and moved their families because of these predications and then they stumped when the prediction doesn't come true. In fact, there is one denomination which has predicted the End Times would happen at least seven different times in the 20th century.

Some people will look at the Book of Revelation will interpret one way and another person will interpret it an entirely different way. Some Churches think they have it all figured out and some Churches will admit they really don't understand it 100%. Some people think its about the end of the earth and some people believe it was written to encourage the ancient Church in its everyday life.

As for the predictions of St Malachi, they have never been accepted by the Catholic Church. In fact, there is a lot of doubt that St Malachi actually made those predications at all. Some think someone else made the predications and simply claimed they were by the saint.

Also, those predictions are so vague that almost anyone can fit the descriptions.

Yes It is true that nobody knows when the judgement day comes, where the world ends.

If that happens, I would increase my interest in religion, spend much time with my family and love ones even my boys. :ily:

I have never been concerned about the End of the World. I believe its our every day lives which are important.

People thought it was the end of the world in 2000... There is another billion years for this planet to live... however, the resources that we are consuming will soon disapear so obviously the world will expire by the time of 2050, or 2100.

sequoias said:
Here's my answer, I'll believe when I see it. I better hope it's a quick death, not a slow death. They asked for it, not me. They've always been talking about "End is near" They never happened.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Sequoias. I don't know what will happen when our planet is no longer able to sustain life, but I also don't spend every waking moment of every day worrying about it, either. I have too many "every day" worries to be concerned with that I just don't have enough energy left over to ponder the end of the world and what will happen after it. :giggle:

I also agree that it is pointless to worry about the end of times...after all...if this means that EVERYONE and every living thing will die and all objects destroyed - then well...what's there to worry about? ;) Everything you know and invest time being concerned with, will all be gone.

I would hafta say the same thing that's on my siggy - and that is to live each day as if it were your last. There's no point in delaying on the things you want to do, on not talking to those you want to talk to, and more. I agree with Magatsu - embrace each and every day as if there were no tomorrows.

Back