Duggars Family... When Will It End?

Basically I agree Jillio and Banjo but by allowing the world into their homes via their TV show, they have invited all compliments and criticisms as well. Personally, I admire the family - they are self-sufficient (due in a big part to their series however), have productive, educated, enthusiastic kids, and have - as they would say - a servant's heart. But I fear they are pushing their luck/blessings.

At 40, the risk of genetic problems sky rockets. 45-50 is even higher. Most women who have a baby after 40 have genetic testing. I just decided to take my husband up on his offer to be sterilized. He agreed no more babies. No worries now.

While my personal reaction to 20 kids is "eeew", if they can support their family themselves it's their right to have them. I just think it's sad... how do you get to know each of your children when there are so many? It would be trying just to get through each day - I personally go for quality vs. quantity. But that's me.

Whats funny is I don't live that far from them yet I have never seen any of them in real life. :shock:

It seems like the odds of that happening should be pretty good! :giggle:

Yeah, I can be in their town in 2 hours from where I am at. I've been up there a couple of times, yet, I have never seen any of them. Maybe there's so many of them I just thought they were a random group of people if they were dressed differently and not the same and didn't stick out like a sore thumb. (Now if I saw a bunch of girls in a dress at the same time I would be thinking either Pentecostal women's group or Duggar girls.)

But get this, now the Duggar family will have an aunt or uncle that is YOUNGER than a niece or nephew. The oldest Duggar son is married and his wife had a baby before this one was conceived.

Now can you imagine keeping up with all those birthdays?

But get this, now the Duggar family will have an aunt or uncle that is YOUNGER than a niece or nephew. The oldest Duggar son is married and his wife had a baby before this one was conceived.

It's not really that out of ordinary. In fact, I am a great-uncle to two children and I'm only 27.

I can't even imagine calling each kid their right name. lol

I can't even imagine calling each kid their right name. lol

sure you can... without a blink :lol:

cuz you've been able to remember names of over hundred friends, relatives, teachers, etc. :)

Funny thing with kids, you get the names mixed up. I accidently call my youngest by my eldest's name. My hubby accidently called our eldest by his brother's name (whom he looked very much like). Sometimes, I resort to "Hey, you, redheaded one!" Motherhood makes you goofy that way.

But try having one named James and another named Jamie. You meant one but say the other because your tongue gets tied.

I do it sometimes because there are two girls in our church, one is Madeline (there are two others besides my own) and there is one Madison. So often I will say one and mean the other especially if I am using the two names in rapid succession in conversation. Now in one SS class there is a Mindy, a Mandy, Madeline, Madison, and a Meghan. :shock:

Duggars family always tradition names J for child's name never another A to Z its obey by their Duggars family chose names.

Their older son and his wife chose name M for their child's name not same A to Z i respect that

Yeah, I can be in their town in 2 hours from where I am at. I've been up there a couple of times, yet, I have never seen any of them. Maybe there's so many of them I just thought they were a random group of people if they were dressed differently and not the same and didn't stick out like a sore thumb. (Now if I saw a bunch of girls in a dress at the same time I would be thinking either Pentecostal women's group or Duggar girls.)

Now can you imagine keeping up with all those birthdays?

Duggars family have strong chose dress-up not jeans,shorts or t-shirts like Duggars and his family friends Bates always does..

Duggars kids been mostly home school than public school or private school stay away from crowds or fans i respect Duggars chose have home school.

Homeschooling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Arkansas Education Alliance

Duggars kids have same birthday when Michelle give birth all 19 children

Michelle and their girls helping younger kids at home all the times under 10 or over between years old when Jim Bob and older gone out for trips.

they are self-sufficient (due in a big part to their series however)

I don't know about that, the father is a realtor and an investor. He used to be a state legislator too as well. He owns several commercial properties and more. The reality show is just an extra source of income. They were living debt-free prior to the reality show. In fact, they paid in cash for their second house.

They are much better than the Gosselins ever will be. The Gosselins had to take the TV offers in order to pay for everything. They are money-hungry, nothing more. The Duggars aren't.

The Duggar children also have to adhere to strict discipline, yes? Like the girls are expected to wear dresses all the time and are pushed towards being housewives rather than being able to pursue a career. The boys are pushed towards being the breadwinner for their families and are pushed towards going to college, getting a good job and so forth. I would think some of the children are going to grow up having a closer bond with the sibling that raised them rather than with the parents. They like their Bible time with daddy because that may be the only time they get to see their dad. I wouldn't mind having several siblings but I'm not sure I would want that many siblings. :shock:

But try having one named James and another named Jamie. You meant one but say the other because your tongue gets tied.

I do it sometimes because there are two girls in our church, one is Madeline (there are two others besides my own) and there is one Madison. So often I will say one and mean the other especially if I am using the two names in rapid succession in conversation. Now in one SS class there is a Mindy, a Mandy, Madeline, Madison, and a Meghan. :shock:

When my niece Helen was born, I hated it when people would call out for her because our names sound very similar and I thought they were calling me not her.

When I went to a camp in Charlotteville, there were five ellens in our bunk. We had to refer to each other by names such as Ellen T, Ellen s etc.

wowsers, 12 chick poxers.

as for duggar parents, I have no judgement on them. they seem to manage this big family very well and haven't harm us in any way. what I like about them, making impossibility impossible. some people are just too blind.

maybe they'll stop when they even up genders? now they have 10 males and 9 females right now ... or until the mother is 45 or so, unable to ovulate/produce any more? she's 42, becoming 43 soon so probably not more than 21 or 22 babies.

I am glad everyone does not want 22 kids or more! We would really be over populated a lot faster!

in alabama there was a large chicken farm near where my boyfriend lives. the smell is overwhelming every time we drive by and the farm wasn't even close to the road. made me wonder how workers inside those chicken houses cope. the neighbour who lives up the road, he also raises chickens but they have total free reign of the property, they never seem to take off even though they could. - you couldn't smell the shit at all and those were damn happy looking birds. I am wondering why can't birds be allowed outside of the houses if there are fences? What's the harm?

in alabama there was a large chicken farm near where my boyfriend lives. the smell is overwhelming every time we drive by and the farm wasn't even close to the road. made me wonder how workers inside those chicken houses cope. the neighbour who lives up the road, he also raises chickens but they have total free reign of the property, they never seem to take off even though they could. - you couldn't smell the shit at all and those were damn happy looking birds. I am wondering why can't birds be allowed outside of the houses if there are fences? What's the harm?

I agree with you, I believe in allowing the animals to roam freely rather than be kept in cages.

Back