Does deaf people can drive? (One guy asked me)

Tsk tsk on Deaf drivers who uses their sidekick while driving. bad, bad deafness. :nono:

Cheri said:
Tsk tsk on Deaf drivers who uses their sidekick while driving. bad, bad deafness. :nono:

I don't have sk1 or 2 not in UK'er. Not all the drivers are the good .. we will never to know what all the drivers did do ... no offense ... can not to deny it , we all does to know it ....

:)

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
but I for one wouldn't feel to comfortable in a car with a deaf person behind the wheel. that's it,

Do you need a ride?... :whistle:

LOL @ ^Angel^ & Cheri.

Hey ^Angel^, don't forget to pick some of us up to go along with you for a ride. We don't want to miss all the fun when you get to slam on the brakes :whistle:

webexplorer said:
That is ridiculous.! How do you feel if you have a deaf child? Will you let your deaf son/daughter to drive? Who will take you out if you are unable to drive when you are 65 years old? How will you get home if your car breaks down? That's what you need to think about.

I'd probably give it up for adoption.

And you people are too defensive, jumping all over me for an opinion. I can guarantee you I'm not the only one who wouldn't want to drive with a deaf person.

ButterflyGirl said:

Well, having a kid with disabilities has always been a fear of mine, whether it be downs syndrome, deaf, a midget, whatever. I don't really know exactly how I'd react, probably adopt so I wouldn't have to deal with it. It's not the most ethical thing to do, but I'm not a great person either.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
I'd probably give it up for adoption.
I can guarantee you I'm not the only one who wouldn't want to drive with a deaf person.

Why are you here? If you are so discriminated?

Cheri said:
Why are you here? If you are so discriminated?

wtf, how am I discriminating against deaf people? Because I wouldn't want to drive with one? That's ridiculous, I have nothing against deaf people, I would just rather not drive with one. Why is that so offensive?

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
wtf, how am I discriminating against deaf people? Because I wouldn't want to drive with one? That's ridiculous, I have nothing against deaf people, I would just rather not drive with one. Why is that so offensive?

First you said You wouldn't want a deaf child, then you said you wouldn't want to be driving with a deaf person, Did you forget the name of this forum? "AllDeaf" If you dislike deaf so much, Why are you here?

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
Well, having a kid with disabilities has always been a fear of mine, whether it be downs syndrome, deaf, a midget, whatever. I don't really know exactly how I'd react, probably adopt so I wouldn't have to deal with it. It's not the most ethical thing to do, but I'm not a great person either.
What is so terrible about us being deaf? I am deaf myself and I am not ashamed of it. If you would give yourself a chance to get to know some deaf people then you will find them to be intelligent and wonderful people.

If you feel you can't deal with deaf people then don't bother to come in here again.

Cheri said:
First you said You wouldn't want a deaf child, then you said you wouldn't want to be driving with a deaf person, Did you forget the name of this forum? "AllDeaf" If you dislike deaf so much, Why are you here?

Ok, think about this for a second. Why would you want your child to be deaf? You would want them to be as healthy and normal as possible, right? Or am I the only one who thinks that way? Of course I wouldn't want my kid to be deaf, but if he/she was then so be it. I know what deaf people go through every day, especially kids. Life isn't easy, and I wouldn't want my kid to go through that.

And once again, I wouldn't want to be driven by a deaf person, that doesn't mean I hate deafs. I have no idea where you got that idea, I would just be more comfortable with someone who can hear. What's so wrong about that?

^I decide to ignored jackass hearing people like that.

I am so tired of these kind of ignorant people rubbing in our faces that deaf cannot do that and that.
Yea, let's ignore him.

ButterflyGirl said:
What is so terrible about us being deaf? I am deaf myself and I am not ashamed of it. If you would give yourself a chance to get to know some deaf people then you will find them to be intelligent and wonderful people.

If you feel you can't deal with deaf people then don't bother to come in here again.

When did I ever say it was terrible to be deaf? You shouldn't be ashamed of being deaf, I wouldn't be if I was, but I wouldn't want a deaf child. Again, I can't understand why that offends you guys.

And it has nothing to do with dealing with deaf people, it's the consequences that come with having a deaf child. Extra expenses, treatment, special education, everything that goes along with raising a deaf child, it's nothing that I can afford. So why keep the kid when I can send it off and hopefully give it a better life somewhere else?

You guys are misunderstanding everything I'm saying here.

ButterflyGirl said:
I am so tired of these kind of ignorant people rubbing in our faces that deaf cannot do that and that.
Yea, let's ignore him.

I NEVER SAID DEAF PEOPLE CAN'T DO THINGS HEARING PEOPLE CAN! Show me where I ever said that! I would love to see. I have not said one negative thing about deaf people. You people take things way out of context.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
When did I ever say it was terrible to be deaf? You shouldn't be ashamed of being deaf, I wouldn't be if I was, but I wouldn't want a deaf child. Again, I can't understand why that offends you guys.

And it has nothing to do with dealing with deaf people, it's the consequences that come with having a deaf child. Extra expenses, treatment, special education, everything that goes along with raising a deaf child, it's nothing that I can afford. So why keep the kid when I can send it off and hopefully give it a better life somewhere else?

You guys are misunderstanding everything I'm saying here.
Hello? Yes, that does offend us because we are DEAF ourselves.
Geez, we don't need this shit coming from you and others like you.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
I NEVER SAID DEAF PEOPLE CAN'T DO THINGS HEARING PEOPLE CAN! Show me where I ever said that! I would love to see. I have not said one negative thing about deaf people. You people take things way out of context.

okay you said wouldnt feel comfortable to be with deaf driver so please explain this why ? did you has been with deaf driver before ...?? so care tell us here please so we will know or to understand .. thank you

Back