Does deaf people can drive? (One guy asked me)

CutePommie said:
okay you said wouldnt feel comfortable to be with deaf driver so please explain this why ? did you has been with deaf driver before ...?? so care tell us here please so we will know or to understand .. thank you

That's exactly it. I have not been with a deaf driver before. If I got into a car with a deaf driver, I would be uncomfortable. You want reasons? Horns, skidding, crashes coming from somewhere on the road that they can't hear. If they had a hearing aid I'd probably feel a little better, but it would be a learning experience for me.

I'm not saying deaf people can't drive, I'm sure you're all great drivers, all I'm saying is I would be a little nervous. No offense intended what-so-ever.

ButterflyGirl said:
Hello? Yes, that does offend us because we are DEAF ourselves.
Geez, we don't need this shit coming from you and others like you.

What offends you? I have no idea, because nothing that I have written was meant to be offensive. As far as I know, I haven't said anything bad about deaf people, so it's all pretty confusing. :dunno:

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
That's exactly it. I have not been with a deaf driver before. If I got into a car with a deaf driver, I would be uncomfortable. You want reasons? Horns, skidding, crashes coming from somewhere on the road that they can't hear. If they had a hearing aid I'd probably feel a little better, but it would be a learning experience for me.

I'm not saying deaf people can't drive, I'm sure you're all great drivers, all I'm saying is I would be a little nervous. No offense intended what-so-ever.

i have been driving for over 30 years .. my hearing family i mean parents . sisters and 2 of my 3 kids all are hearing .... they always go with me when I driving all over the Britian roads ..... it doesn't bother them at all ... so please stop being so parniods about cant hear the honking etc .... why not you go with one of deaf friend if you have one who can drive and find out for yourself ... :)

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
What offends you? I have no idea, because nothing that I have written was meant to be offensive. As far as I know, I haven't said anything bad about deaf people, so it's all pretty confusing. :dunno:
Well, you have to be deaf to understand that we feel offended by what you said in some of your posts.

Well I'm sorry if I offended any of you guys, that's certainly not what I was trying to do. You've just got to try to see it from my perspective.

and tripp, take me off your msn ban list you stubborn little boy. i'm gonna go play some basketball. peace.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
Well I'm sorry if I offended any of you guys, that's certainly not what I was trying to do. You've just got to try to see it from my perspective.

and tripp, take me off your msn ban list you stubborn little boy.
Okay from now on, try your best not to say anything that can offend us. Give yourself a chance to get to know some deaf people. You'd be amazed to learn about what we can do.

Yea, i agree with ButterflyGirl. Give it a try..

deaf9so.gif

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
I'd probably give it up for adoption.

You will give your deaf child up for an adoption, wow, I feel bad for that kid

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:

Aww cause I love hitting trees

^Angel^ said:
You will give your deaf child up for an adoption, wow, I feel bad for that kid

Ok, and you would feel better if I kept it, not allowing it to get proper medical attention, proper education, etc. etc.? Like I said before, I can hardly afford a months rent, let alone a child with physical disabilities.

^Angel^ said:
Aww cause I love hitting trees

Maybe you do, but I don't know that do I? Is being nervous some sort of sin? If you went skydiving for the first time, would you not be nervous? First time on a rollercoaster? What's wrong with being nervous? :roll:

You should really learn to respect other peoples views. If you can't see why I, or any other "hearie" (or whatever you guys like to call us) would be nervous in a car with a deaf driver, then you are the truly ignorant one. That is saying nothing bad about the deaf, but 99% of human beings aren't educated on deaf culture. You should get used to people not being aware, and learn to educate them, not strike in vengeance as you are doing now, ^Angel^.

Chicago for LYF - I see your point. You just opened your mind to bring up the issue about driving. That's your opinion. Well. Just don't be afraid. You would join with a deaf driver, and you would say yourself "Oh, gee. That makes no difference between deaf and hearing."

Now, you have other issue about paying a rent. You are not alone. I hope that you are not serious about letting your child go with physical disabilities. If you do that, then you have no mortal. If you have a child with the health problem, the child belongs to you because that child is in your blood.

This is my first time to read your posts about your feeling toward deaf. I have never thought of doing the same thing for hearing - because some hearing people listen the radio and cell phone that makes me feel that they are not pay attention on the road - I am not sure about that. Do you understand my point?

webexplorer said:
Chicago for LYF - I see your point. You just opened your mind to bring up the issue about driving. That's your opinion. Well. Just don't be afraid. You would join with a deaf driver, and you would say yourself "Oh, gee. That makes no difference between deaf and hearing."

Now, you have other issue about paying a rent. You are not alone. I hope that you are not serious about letting your child go with physical disabilities. If you do that, then you have no mortal. If you have a child with the health problem, the child belongs to you because that child is in your blood.

This is my first time to read your posts about your feeling toward deaf. I have never thought of doing the same thing for hearing - because some hearing people listen the radio and cell phone that makes me feel that they are not pay attention on the road - I am not sure about that. Do you understand my point?

If I had a kid now, healthy or not, I would be letting it go. I just can't afford something like that. Fortunately, that won't be happening for a while, and my income will grow sufficiently as time goes on. When the time comes and I can afford a child, if it so happens it's physically disabled, of course I'll keep it.

And yeah I understand what you are saying. I know plenty of people who can hear that are complete idiots on the road, probably many worse than any deaf drivers out there. Listening to the radio is ok, I always do that when I drive, but talking on a cell phone is another story. So yeah I get you, hearing drivers are far from perfect.

Being driven by a deaf person would just be a new experience for me, and like most new experiences, being nervous is part of it. No where am I saying deaf can't drive, which is what some people seem to think I'm saying.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
Maybe you do, but I don't know that do I? Is being nervous some sort of sin? If you went skydiving for the first time, would you not be nervous? First time on a rollercoaster? What's wrong with being nervous? :roll:

You should really learn to respect other peoples views. If you can't see why I, or any other "hearie" (or whatever you guys like to call us) would be nervous in a car with a deaf driver, then you are the truly ignorant one. That is saying nothing bad about the deaf, but 99% of human beings aren't educated on deaf culture. You should get used to people not being aware, and learn to educate them, not strike in vengeance as you are doing now, ^Angel^.

Wow, you must didn't find my humor quite funni, sorry I was just trying to lighten up this thread here...

I'm sorry that you see it that way :(

^Angel^ said:
Wow, you must didn't find my humor quite funni, sorry I was just trying to lighten up this thread here...

I'm sorry that you see it that way :(

Oh, you were just joking, oops. I thought you were trying to be obnoxious. I'm sorry, I take that paragraph back then, disregard it. It's a little harder to pick up subtle humor in writing than speech. :)

From all the crap I was getting from other people earlier, I pretty much assumed you were taking your shots at me as well. My bad.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
Oh, you were just joking, oops. I thought you were trying to be obnoxious. I'm sorry, I take that paragraph back then, disregard it. It's a little harder to pick up subtle humor in writing than speech. :)

From all the crap I was getting from other people earlier, I pretty much assumed you were taking your shots at me as well. My bad.

It's okay, you are new here, and I think it will take time for you to get used to my humors ;)

And if I was taking my shot at you, I would just throw a couple of tennis balls at ya

:giggle:

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:

and tripp, take me off your msn ban list you stubborn little boy. i'm gonna go play some basketball. peace.

no thanks... i don't want talk to any minor, period and u are much offensive with us cuz we are deaf so shut up though.

TrippLA said:
no thanks... i don't want talk to any minor, period and u are much offensive with us cuz we are deaf so shut up though.

What are you babbling on about now you confused little boy?

Back