Does deaf people can drive? (One guy asked me)

Hey all, let's give Chicago For Lyf a chance. I think he is willing to learn about what deafies can be able to do and that is if he is willing to hang around here in AD for a while :thumb:

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
What are you babbling on about now you confused little boy?

i'm gonna ignore u... stupid little hearing guy.

TrippLA said:
i'm gonna ignore u... stupid little hearing guy.

Ok, you just said I'm offensive to deaf people, yet you just called me a

"stupid little hearing guy."

It seems to me that you need to get your priorities straight, blink.

ButterflyGirl said:
Hey all, let's give Chicago For Lyf a chance. I think he is willing to learn about what deafies can be able to do and that is if he is willing to hang around here in AD for a while

You betcha :cheers:

Thousands of people asked my children if their deaf mother can drive!!

Well yes, I am proud owner of Australian and British driving licences, two licence's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two hearing ladies I know can't drive because they can't read well - difficulty learning problems. But they are good mothers to their children.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
Ok, you just said I'm offensive to deaf people, yet you just called me a

"stupid little hearing guy."

It seems to me that you need to get your priorities straight, blink.

You asked me if you offensive to deaf people so of course you did that, don't tell us fool. It's not my fault to post thread because you don't believe if deaf people can drive so that hurts our feel, it getting old and old. You know that deaf people is regular human, can driving, can work with everything, can teach kids at school and many anything but can't hearing, it can treated by hearing aids and CI implant but not miracle and never cure to become hearing again, that's part of permanently disabled. Don't ask me for more stupid questions about deaf people.

I have other problem with you about act fool around me on MSN and I can't stand up with excessive joke and excessive insult me, including city that where I live in and everything. You don't respect what I said, for example "I said that I have car license" and You just said "No, stop lie" that means disrespect and not good cooperation with me. I'm no longer tolerate with you and you are used give anything that is correct and friendly on SSC, I noticed that your behavior was changed when talk on MSN. I don't like that and can't stand that you acting like fool with David, keep bother me when I was away or busy. I'm not playing game with you anymore and don't want see all of your fool on MSN. I'm not only one person that who acting fool around on MSN, not much often but you did more than me because you are talk about Quickdraw, Stone, and Silverlake what they are doing wrong without any real action, that means you are fool around on MSN, for honestly I did that.

I think that you need to get your priorities straight too, I would unblock until you make apologize to me and that's last chance after apologize is accept then if doing again so you will be blocked for an semi-year. I'm nice to you and you don't treat me fairly after you doing something to make mistake.

Have great day

TrippLA said:
You asked me if you offensive to deaf people so of course you did that, don't tell us fool. It's not my fault to post thread because you don't believe if deaf people can drive so that hurts our feel, it getting old and old. You know that deaf people is regular human, can driving, can work with everything, can teach kids at school and many anything but can't hearing, it can treated by hearing aids and CI implant but not miracle and never cure to become hearing again, that's part of permanently disabled. Don't ask me for more stupid questions about deaf people.

I have other problem with you about act fool around me on MSN and I can't stand up with excessive joke and excessive insult me, including city that where I live in and everything. You don't respect what I said, for example "I said that I have car license" and You just said "No, stop lie" that means disrespect and not good cooperation with me. I'm no longer tolerate with you and you are used give anything that is correct and friendly on SSC, I noticed that your behavior was changed when talk on MSN. I don't like that and can't stand that you acting like fool with David, keep bother me when I was away or busy. I'm not playing game with you anymore and don't want see all of your fool on MSN. I'm not only one person that who acting fool around on MSN, not much often but you did more than me because you are talk about Quickdraw, Stone, and Silverlake what they are doing wrong without any real action, that means you are fool around on MSN, for honestly I did that.

I think that you need to get your priorities straight too, I would unblock until you make apologize to me and that's last chance after apologize is accept then if doing again so you will be blocked for an semi-year. I'm nice to you and you don't treat me fairly after you doing something to make mistake.

Have great day

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

What about other? Please answer my question here then I would unblock you.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
what question?

Just read my post below

Feel free to ask any question about deaf people and just answer from 3rd paragraph then I will unblock you on MSN. Just send me via PM for your MSN e-mail because I deleted your contact from list on MSN.

I'm unblock you on MSN.

This issue are supposed to be solve after u make aplogly to me and I will make my apolgly to you soon when back on MSN.

reduculous

TrippLA said:
Hello friend, RP1 from SSC (Skyscrapercity Forum) and live in Chicago.

I just talked to him about stuff and he don't believe what I said that I have own car and driver license. His friend told him that deaf people can't drive and can't own driver license. I was laughed what he said. Please help him to understand about deaf culture. I have admit that he's looks weird and seems nice at most time, he's just talk like whatever.

I'm getting tired of hearing people that said deaf people can't drive, can't become pro sports, can't learn and many stuff. That's must be enough and enough.

{edited: link to a profile from another online site}

I am so sad about that, but have heard some funny stuff. I am not deaf all the way, and can hear OK. I was brought up around the deaf, and I notice people who hear are just ignorant, that's all. I tell people I know braille and they think that for people who deaf. I say I do sign language and they sometimes think that for blind. I wish people would educate themselves!!!!! I interpreted for deaf in the school system and I notice that some deaf are uneducated, not by their own fault, but because people don't try to teach children who deaf. I am sooooo frustrated by that!!! Parents who really take an interest in hearing impared children can really make a difference. My sisters child was totally deaf for her first 4 years of life, and I don't think she hears good now and she is 19. But her mother just didn't try with her and now she just does not try with anything. Hearing people really need to try to understand!!!!!!! deaf, blind and hearing all have the same abilities. I know of a blind man who, when he was about 8 year old would ride his bike as fast as he could down a hill that had a curve at the bottom with a small cliff and trees, and he NEVER missed. He made his own furniture. He was the smartest man I have ever met. I met a 17 year old deaf boy who I interpreted for at school that was way above me in intelligence. His parents were responsible for that I'm sure. I could not interpret most of the time because I didn't understand his classes. Anyway...Just be patient and helpful with hearing. Let them know how that makes you feel. even if you have to write it down.

I was at a Firestone repair shop a few weeks ago. I met a young black man about 20 years old. He spent his time on the laptop and hooked up his cellphone for his computer. He noticed my hearing aids so he signed language very little. I told him that I am hearing impaired. He told me that he has a deaf brother, and his brother lives in NC and doesn't talk very well. He moved in CT and attends University of Hartford. I was embarrassed that he doesn't communicate with his brother because he doesn't understand him almost everything. I bet that he was surprised that I have a truck at the repair shop. I wouldn't want to convince him because he is adult. He should know better to help his brother how to read and talk. I think that he is really jerk especially his parents.

artist616 said:
I am so sad about that, but have heard some funny stuff. I am not deaf all the way, and can hear OK. I was brought up around the deaf, and I notice people who hear are just ignorant, that's all. I tell people I know braille and they think that for people who deaf. I say I do sign language and they sometimes think that for blind. I wish people would educate themselves!!!!! I interpreted for deaf in the school system and I notice that some deaf are uneducated, not by their own fault, but because people don't try to teach children who deaf. I am sooooo frustrated by that!!! Parents who really take an interest in hearing impared children can really make a difference. My sisters child was totally deaf for her first 4 years of life, and I don't think she hears good now and she is 19. But her mother just didn't try with her and now she just does not try with anything. Hearing people really need to try to understand!!!!!!! deaf, blind and hearing all have the same abilities. I know of a blind man who, when he was about 8 year old would ride his bike as fast as he could down a hill that had a curve at the bottom with a small cliff and trees, and he NEVER missed. He made his own furniture. He was the smartest man I have ever met. I met a 17 year old deaf boy who I interpreted for at school that was way above me in intelligence. His parents were responsible for that I'm sure. I could not interpret most of the time because I didn't understand his classes. Anyway...Just be patient and helpful with hearing. Let them know how that makes you feel. even if you have to write it down.

Wait a second, you're trying to say that hearing people think sign language is for the blind. But, let's think about this, blind people can't see, so what would be the point of sign language? People who say that aren't ignorant, just stupid.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:
Wait a second, you're trying to say that hearing people think sign language is for the blind. But, let's think about this, blind people can't see, so what would be the point of sign language? People who say that aren't ignorant, just stupid.

Yup...some hearing people are very ignorant (and sometimes stupid) when it comes to people that are different then they are. Like, why do they put braille on ATMs that you drive up to...the last time I checked, blind people were not driving.

Additionally ( to show how stupid we really are):

Chicagoland Schools in Crisis: (1) In February, a sixth-grader at Waldo Middle School was suspended and charged with a felony by Aurora, Ill., police when he brought powdered sugar to class for a science project and jokingly told another student that it was cocaine. A custodian overheard the conversation and reported him. (2) The Chicago Tribune reported in March that dozens of blind students in Chicago public schools are nonetheless required to take driver education classes. One sightless but otherwise optimistic student told the Tribune she resented the requirement because it made her uncharacteristically dwell on something that she cannot do. [Chicago Sun-Times, 2-11-06] [New York Times-AP, 3-10-06]

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:

deafblind, communicate with each other by sign language not those who are blind that can hear.

artist616 said:

I do agree here that parents have influence on how deaf people are raised. My parents devoted themselves to sign language and we are able to communicate flawlessly and even my sister! All of them are qualified to be interpreters (they tend to underestimate themselves) and was able to learn from SEE to PSE, then from PSE to ASL. They *LOVE* ASL but recommend that deaf children start out with SEE and PSE for education purpose and ASL for society purpose.

My parents also used the "additional hour" incentative to my bed time privilege encouraging me to read books. For instance if my bed time is 8pm I am to go to my bedroom. If I want lights to stay on for an additional hour, I am to read something, otherwise it goes out. Now with that incentative, I developed reading habit early and they eventually put encyclopedia in my bedroom and I've been reading them ever since.

My parents are VERY conscious about which school I attend. My parents constantly challenged deaf school and I was put into mainstream schools. I eventually left deaf school entirely to attend my home school (Caesar Rodney Senior high school) and graduated with 12th grade. This is HARD work and deaf people CAN do it.

Deaf people can not do things by themselves, just as much as hearing people do. When babies are born, it is our responsibility to feed, nurse, provide security and everything. When they are raised, it is our responsibility to EDUCATE them like "A","B" and "C", "frogs", "cats", "Say please" and so on. Hearing parents can EASILY educate themselves by learning sign language while their deaf children are learning. The habit will naturally develop as deaf child grow up to become independent and to educate themselves. Deaf children can just be as bad as normal children and discipline should be equally maintained.

I have so much to say here, I have a heart for deaf society and I have been thinking about going to college for special education and to become an advocate for deaf children, challenging parents to participate and to devote themselves to the future deaf society.

CHICAGO FOR LYF said:

:topic:

Oh boyyy !!! EXcuse meee !!!! I work for DeafBlindUK yes that deafblind people can signed by use the Hand-on signs , Deafblind's manuals, frame signs or writing block on their palms of their hands.. sigh I am so tired of some person being so ignorants .. thinking that deafblind people can't use sign cos they can't see oh plz ..... remember there are the various of blindness ...

:ugh2:

CutePommie said:
:topic:

Oh boyyy !!! EXcuse meee !!!! I work for DeafBlindUK yes that deafblind people can signed by use the Hand-on signs , Deafblind's manuals, frame signs or writing block on their palms of their hands.. sigh I am so tired of some person being so ignorants .. thinking that deafblind people can't use sign cos they can't see oh plz ..... remember there are the various of blindness ...

:ugh2:

I'm confused. As far as my knowledge goes, sign language has always been something you have to see to be aware of. So, unless I'm missing something, blind people won't be able to see the signs.

And I don't know of any various blindness, just the issue of not being able to see. :dunno:

Back